Frozen Lottery

nolanativeny
#1Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/21/18 at 12:47pm

So I entered the Frozen lottery for a bunch of performances including (I'm pretty sure) the first preview tomorrow. I never got an email or text confirmation of my entry. It says we're supposed to hear by 12:30 ET about whether it was a win or loss but haven't heard anything yet. Has anybody else?

nolanativeny
#2Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/21/18 at 12:50pm

Never mind, realized you can check online. No luck :/ Still haven't gotten an email, though. 

ohjustjake
#3Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/21/18 at 12:56pm

After you submit the page tells you that it doesn't send a confirmation email but that your submission was received.

JRH182
#4Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/21/18 at 1:45pm

Correct, I didn't get an email when I entered but at 1:15pm today I received an email that let me know I didn't win today's drawing. 

JennH
#5Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/22/18 at 10:31am

ohjustjake said: "After you submit the page tells you that it doesn't send a confirmation email but that your submission was received."

It says that it won't send an email confirmation of your ENTRY. But I checked the box saying I wanted to be texted about my result. That would a pointless exercise if they didn't send or text about actual results. It could also be a tech glitch, heaven knows they just started this thing and I'm sure people were/are entering like crazy.

droosychap
#6Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/22/18 at 11:22am

The Frozen lottery, like many other lotteries, only texts winners. They don't text every entrant their results.

I found my results e-mail coming in a little later around 1:15PM and in my spam folder.

JennH
#7Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/22/18 at 11:31am

I just noticed something odd...what is there keeping people entering multiple times on this site? It's not a log in type where it keeps track of an account and what it's entered and keeps you from entering for the same performance more than once. This one is just a free for all, I can go back and enter for the same days I just entered for again...

broadwayfan1000
#8Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/22/18 at 11:37am

would be a system on the back end that would track the email address/name you are using and likely only accept one entry or void duplicate ones. 

AntV
#9Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/23/18 at 4:40am

They don't send a confirmation email like previous lucky seat lotteries have so how am I supposed to remember what the last date I entered for was when I return about a week later to reenter? Hopefully they just combine overlapping dates from the same email instead of voiding

JennH
#10Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/23/18 at 12:27pm

AntV said: "They don't send a confirmation email like previous lucky seat lotteries have so how am I supposed to remember what the last date I entered for was when I return about a week later to reenter? Hopefully they just combine overlapping dates from the same email instead of voiding"

That doesn’t bother so much as, how I haven’t been emailed results about today’s lottery for tomorrow’s show yet...I entered for a whole week at once yesterday :/ this seems to be a little iffy this far. 

FrizzyAnya
#11Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/23/18 at 6:28pm

Did you ever get a results email? I got a rejection for the 8:00pm tomorrow, but I never got anything about the matinee. I put my name in for both at the same time...

LxGstv
#12Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/23/18 at 6:55pm

FrizzyAnya said: "Did you ever get a results email? I got a rejection for the 8:00pm tomorrow, but I never got anything about the matinee. I put my name in for both at the same time..."

There’s no matinee tomorrow

Fanboy99
#13Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/24/18 at 12:29am

I feel the lucky seats lotteries have always been iffy. I remember last year when I won the Groundhog day lottery. I got no text message or email saying I won. I only found out by checking the website and even then I had to email luckyseats saying I never got the email saying I won. Turns out the emails didnt send out bc of a bad email that entered that stopped it. Its very strange!! I think thats whats happening here since everyday I get the emails saying I lose late. I also miss those confirmation emails. They made it easier/

broadwayfan1000
#14Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/24/18 at 7:50am

I won the lottery for this show so site does work although like all the other popular shows odds of doing so are very low :).

JennH
#15Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/24/18 at 12:42pm

I actually did get emailed yesterday, but I was after 1 when I did, which is pretty late, hence the confusion. 

Also, Fanboy-You say you had to check online? How does one even do that on lucky seats? At least the site that DEH and Oslo used were more secure, it kept track of you account and literally wouldn't let you enter a day you already entered, and when the lottery was over it would say your result right on that very day you entered. Luckyseat just seems to be an entry site with nothing else to it, there doesn't seem to to be a way to check results, at least I haven't found that webpage yet.

EDIT-I found the results checker, but it seems you can't get to it unless they link it when a lottery is down, which BTW, most of their lotteries are down for maintenance at the moment, so hopefully much of this will be fixed.

Updated On: 2/24/18 at 12:42 PM

Fanboy99
#16Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/25/18 at 3:34am

Just google lucky seats results and you should find it. I think it works regardless of an error occurring or not.

mailhandler777
#17Frozen Lottery
Posted: 2/25/18 at 2:34pm

Looking at the lottery page now and this is there.

CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE
The page is currently closed for maintenance. Check back! We'll be back open by 11AM on Monday, February 26th. PLEASE NOTE: We're experiencing some email issues, so you may not receive a result email. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

JennH
#18Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/20/18 at 11:45am

Ummm...is there something wrong with this page again? It gives me the lottery page with no way to submit, but says go to the updated entry page "Here"...and yet it stays on the SAME PAGE. 

https://baa.turnkeysurveyor.com/se/5145A8F937B3D592

yesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
#19Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:07pm

JennH said: "Ummm...is there something wrong with this page again? It gives me the lottery page with no way to submit, but says go to theupdated entry page "Here"...and yet it stayson the SAME PAGE.

"

telecharge in general is having issues. I won the lottery for tmw night and claimed my ticket and when I tried to view details said there was an error. Call telehcharge and ask maybe?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#20Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:10pm

yesraccoons said: "JennH said: "Ummm...is there something wrong with this page again? It gives me the lottery page with no way to submit, but says go to theupdated entry page "Here"...and yet it stayson the SAME PAGE.

"

telecharge in general is having issues. I won the lottery for tmw night and claimed my ticket and when I tried to view details said there was an error. Call telehcharge and ask maybe?

"

Telecharge doesn't handle tickets for FROZEN, Ticketmaster does.

JennH
#21Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/20/18 at 3:37pm

Never mind, it's officially down for maintenance now. 

droosychap
#22Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/20/18 at 4:55pm

Looks like it's back up now. I have to say: at least they are transparent with issues like this.

Updated On: 5/18/18 at 04:55 PM

Caye2
#23Frozen Lottery
Posted: 3/23/18 at 3:45pm

To anyone who has won the Frozen lottery, where were your seats?

MoJoyInLights
#24Frozen Lottery
Posted: 5/1/18 at 4:10pm

I won yesterday for today’s 8PM show. There seemed to be a lot of seats available and rule of thumb is to purchase in the first 5 minutes of learning you have won for the best results. I did see better seat options flying by, as I was delayed a bit waiting on my wife’s reply if she could make it or not, but ended up purchasing ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18 & 20, which are slated as “partial view” seating. When I checked “A View From My Seat” ORCHL, same row, same seats seemed really decent, so I went for it!

I’ve gone to Kinky Boots twice now through lottery and chose BOX seats that were supposed to be “partial view seating” and they were PHENOMENAL seats, so i feel good about tonight!

I’ve also seen Mormon in ORCH, row D or something, toted as “partial view” and my view (though I gave my wife the better seat) was very minimally obstructed by the wall. Still great for the price and the opportunity!

Depends on the theater.

MoJoyInLights
#25Frozen Lottery
Posted: 5/2/18 at 9:26am

MoJoyInLights said: "I won yesterday for today’s 8PM show. There seemed to be a lot of seats available and rule of thumb is to purchase in the first 5 minutes of learning you have won for the best results. I did see better seat options flying by, as I was delayed a bit waiting on my wife’s reply if she could make it or not, but ended up purchasing ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18 & 20, which are slated as “partial view” seating. When I checked “A View From My Seat” ORCHL, same row, same seats seemed really decent, so I went for it!

I’ve gone to Kinky Boots twice now through lottery and chose BOX seats that were supposed to be “partial view seating” and they were PHENOMENAL seats, so i feel good about tonight!

I’ve also seen Mormon in ORCH, row D or something, toted as “partial view” and my view (though I gave my wife the better seat) was very minimally obstructed by the wall. Still great for the price and the opportunity!

Depends on the theater.
"

St. James theater is definitely partial view when they say partial view! 

Sadly, I was not impressed with any of the "theatrics," and that breaks my heart because I usually love ALL Broadway shows (not equally though).  It felt, for me, like a glorified, digital effects light projected musical act I could have seen for free with park entry to Disney World, Orlando (and that would probably be priced at the same rate and include rides). Sorry Frozen. Icy, but true. 

Olaf was a good element of the show and done very well, in addition to the 15 minutes given to Kevin Del Aguila as Oaken (the cabin show keeper) to wow us! One of the best numbers in my humble opinion was "Bit of a Fixer Upper" (if that's even the title). 

The partial view seating I felt may not have been sooooo bad if the blocking had been executed better and more thoroughly. There is absolutely NO REASON I, or anyone seated ORCH far left or far right or anywhere in the entire theater would have to miss any of the wow moments in Elsa's big number of "Let it Go" such as the cape flying or worse...the outfit switch! The worst part of it is that she only needed to be ONE FOOT further downstage for us all to have caught it. It's almost like it's intentional. Like Disney said "you chose these cheaper seats, well, this is what we're going to choose to show you," because it just seemed like it could have so easily been resolved. I was fine missing the part when Elsa strikes Anna as children, I was okay with only seeing half of her "ice castle," and it wasn't a deal breaker seeing half of the digitally projected "magic," but I was offended when i missed the big number and outfit change. You lost me there Disney folks. 

So, if it's partial view seating any seats next to ORCHR, ORCHL 16-20....don't. That's MHO. 

MoJoy

Updated On: 5/2/18 at 09:26 AM