News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for doombuggy25

doombuggy25 Profile Photo
Member Name: doombuggy25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jesus Christ Superstar NYC Tix For Sale 4/27
 Dec 26 2011, 03:50:27 PM
Got two tickets for Christmas that we can't end up using, and Ticketmaster isn't feeling too much of the Holiday spirit.

They're awesome seats, Row K of the Orchestra, seats 103 and 104.

I paid $294 total, asking for $250. PM me to buy them, thanks!

Memphis Rush?
 Mar 15 2011, 08:38:56 PM
Going into the city tomorrow, have great seats for the matinee of Priscilla and was hoping to take my mom to see the night show of Memphis. How early should I get there for the rush? Has it been too crowded? Should 10:30 be early enough?

Thank you all! I know these rush questions are annoying

The Vibrator Play
 Sep 27 2010, 06:57:07 PM
Just saw this play yesterday in Boston, and was mesmerized. Hilarious, but very eye opening. A great viewpoint on the way we view sex.

If anyone is in the Boston area, I highly recommend the production at Speakeasy Stage. It runs for another few weeks, the acting and physical production were incredible.

Toughest roles to sing
 Aug 14 2010, 11:46:02 PM
70% of Christine's material is in her lower and middle registers. And with the exception of "Think of Me", which has ONE high C, all her other crazy high stuff is pre-recorded. I think except for the C in Think of Me she only goes up to the A flat under high C. For a true soprano, that's cake. So funny that Christine has an alternate, when Carlotta who really has some tricky, non recorded stuff doesn't.
Toughest roles to sing
 Aug 14 2010, 03:00:02 PM
If Mimi, Maureen and Collins go balls to the wall, those are pretty vocally demanding
Do most lottery shows have lottery loser tickets now?
 Aug 13 2010, 07:21:29 PM
I got the Next to Normal lotto loser tickets for $36.50 and they were orchestra, like 9 rows back on the side. There were a lot of empty seats so my friend and I ended up moving to 4th row center.
Do most lottery shows have lottery loser tickets now?
 Aug 13 2010, 02:27:54 PM
Next to Normal is a mixed bag. Sometimes they offer them, sometimes they don't. Usually not at peak periods when the show is selling very well, but with the attendance lately, and especially in September after the summer dropoff, it seems quite likely they'd be offered :)
DREAMGIRLS Nat'l Tour Music EP (No Real Cast Album?)
 Aug 12 2010, 09:06:40 PM
The new Listen is banal. Why would anyone want that? Record all of Chester Gregory's numbers and Moya's I am Changing.
Cheapest way to get tix to Lend me a tenor?/Student Rush question
 Aug 9 2010, 03:03:55 PM
No lottery, just a general rush. Get there a couple hours before the box office opens and you'll be fine :)

Enjoy the show, it's fabulous! Sad to see it close so soon, but its original cast is so excellent, they'd be very hard pressed to find replacements

Scottsboro Boys A Hit On Broadway?
 Aug 9 2010, 02:58:52 PM
I really hope this show the best. I didn't get a chance to see it Off-Broadway, but am very much looking forward to seeing it this fall. I heard nothing but good things from the people I know who saw it, and they said with a few changes it could truly be a masterpiece. So thank goodness for this Guthrie run, I think it will come to Broadway an extremely strong show.

If they market it right, it could definitely prove to be a hit.

Bloody Bloody Lottery!!
 Aug 9 2010, 02:21:56 PM
Such great news! I am all for the trend of having a performance on Sunday night, because college friends and I all make weekend trips into the city, and try to see two shows on Sunday. Options are so limited that we've all seen MAMMA MIA and NEXT TO NORMAL more times than we'd care to count. Definitely a smart move for the age demographic of this show.
WICKED or AMERICAN IDIOT?
 Aug 9 2010, 02:18:20 PM
Congrats!!! That's a lot of weight :) You should be super proud!

Have you seen WICKED before? If not, then I would absolutely say that's what you should. AMERICAN IDIOT is a good show, it'll make you think, the music & singers are amazing, and it has very cool technical merits as well. If you're looking for a traditional big "Broadway" show, go for WICKED. But if you're looking for a rock musical type of thing, go for AMERICAN IDIOT

I'm attracted to Sherie Rene Scott!!!
 Aug 7 2010, 06:01:18 PM
Sherie and Elizabeth Stanley look VERY much alike. I saw Elizabeth in Xanadu and was a little blown away by the resemblance, not just in appearance, but in mannerisms.

Sherie is an absolutely beautiful woman.

Jennifer Hope Wills to exit PHANTOM September 4
 Aug 7 2010, 05:58:57 PM
Is Susan Owen still in the show. She had been the Princess/Christine 2nd cover forever. I saw her and she was absolutely delightfully. She read a little old, but still very suitable, her voice is very youthful. She'd be a wonderful choice to at least promote to alternate.

Congrats to Jennifer on her outstanding run. I saw her very early on, and she was excellent, so I'm sure she only got better with time.

Mary Poppins
 Aug 7 2010, 05:55:47 PM
It's fine from the balcony. It's a huge show, so you'll a lot of the facial moments and super subtle stuff, but the sets are wondrous, and you'll get a great view of the full stage.

The show itself is definitely an evening. It runs a little long (close to 3 hours with intermission), and the focus is more focused on the Banks family than Mary herself, with a lot of unnecessary (boring) backstory to how Mrs. Banks wanted to be an actress before she settled for being a wife.

But

Young Frankenstein Tour Extension
 Aug 5 2010, 07:43:29 PM
Also, @beautywickedlover, the show was supposed to run longer in LA, but they pinched off either one or two weeks because NO ONE bought tickets. So that's why the break is there. I think the cast is being retained, and I don't think it's going non-eq
Young Frankenstein Tour Extension
 Aug 5 2010, 07:41:40 PM
After reading all the reviews on here, I saw it in Boston expecting to hate it, but as is often the case when you go in with extremely low expectations...

No actually, it was completely awful. I didn't laugh once, Roger Bart was phoning it in, the sets (except for the admittedly cool lab) looked like they were made with popsicle sticks and fingerpaint, and no one (except the man playing Igor) could sing. (We had the Inga understudy, so I can't speak for the main girl). Overall a dreadfu

Ann Reinking - Working? Retired?
 Aug 5 2010, 07:19:15 PM
http://www.btdw.org/feature.html

The link to her new summer camp

Ann Reinking - Working? Retired?
 Aug 5 2010, 07:18:25 PM
There are health issues with her son. She left Broadway Theatre Project to Debra McWaters (associate choreographer on Chicago and Fosse), who also founded the project with her. She now runs Broadway Theatre Dance Project in New Mexico, where the climate/weather conditions are safer for her son. That's from the BTP mouth
Stage door crowds on tours
 Aug 2 2010, 09:11:09 PM
In LA, there is usually a modest stage door crowd, but nothing overwhelming. Worst I saw was about 50 people after WICKED in the middle of summer. Everyone I've encountered at the stage door has been extremely friendly and happy to sign and take pictures. At IN THE HEIGHTS recently, there couldn't have been more than 25 after a matinee.

In Boston, the stage doors at the Opera House and Colonial are fairly hard to find. Worst I've seen there was about 20 after DREAMGIRLS. But I haven't s

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You