News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DylanMark33

Member Name: DylanMark33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film
 Dec 28 2023, 07:02:06 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "John Hurt NEVER played Molina. William Hurt played Molina in the 1985 film adaptation and won a Best Actor Oscar for it.

"

Would you mind sending me a PM or an email? You sent me something a few years ago and I misplaced it and would very much appreciate your help if you have a moment! 

DROWSY CHAPERONE film: Georrey Rush to star with Schepisi directing
 May 28 2013, 08:25:03 PM
So, is this happening?
Kinky Boots Chicago previews?
 Oct 16 2012, 05:01:31 PM
Saw the show on Sunday and had the best time!

I've never seen a work in progress show. But my thoughts,

Music was fantastic, I'm still singing "sex is in the heel"

Choreography was fun

Don't understand the fiance role, rather pointless, which is a shame because she sounds fantastic, just give her more to do?

Don't really understand the boxing match, I mean I get the intention of it, it just wasn't there yet, felt rushed.

I thought Stark Sands

Why do kicklines provoke a Pavlovian applause response in audiences...?
 Dec 1 2011, 05:34:56 PM
I suppose you're right. AND if I were a performer I'd be eating that up. I would have been annoyed if I were in that audience. That's why I will never go see a closing night performance. It's not about the show or story anymore
Why do kicklines provoke a Pavlovian applause response in audiences...?
 Dec 1 2011, 03:48:15 PM
I always reference this video when it comes to entrance applause.

I understand this is the top of act 2, but I just am still puzzled by it. The audience in whole are completely way over the top. Entrance applause, fine, standing ovation, come on. Let the woman sing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhshJfGBJ2s

Undeserved Standing Ovations?
 Jun 11 2011, 02:28:39 PM
Or how about, a standing ovation before the song even starts.

example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhshJfGBJ2s

I absolutely love this video. The look of appreciation and shock on her face that the applause just keeps on going and going.

Anyone know, if this is the closing night or something special as to why the audience thanked her so much?

PHOTO FLASH: Andrew Lloyd Webbers The Wizard of Oz
 Mar 1 2011, 11:27:53 PM
The first photo looks like she is standing in front of a giant jawbreaker.
Vanities Sheet Music
 Jan 22 2011, 12:49:52 AM
Does anyone know if the Vanities Musical has released sheet music?
First review (that I've seen) of RABBIT HOLE (the movie)I
 Dec 18 2010, 02:18:45 AM
I am very big fan of the stage production and was very impressed with the movie. But left wondering a couple things.

Possible spoiler.

I was interested that in the film version, they made Becca seek out Jason, rather the other way around. On stage, Jason writes them a letter asking to meet them, in the film, Becca catches a glimpse of Jason and follows him home and to the library. I found that it completely changed the dynamic, and not in a bad way at all. Becca is the cent

Rigby to Return to PETER PAN; Broadway in Summer 2012?
 Nov 23 2010, 12:44:03 AM
Just curious, but as many times as she's performed the role, has she ever been seriously injured?
Molly Shannon
 Nov 10 2010, 08:33:59 PM
Well, I didn't necessarily mean illegal recordings, even pro shots would be nice.
Molly Shannon
 Nov 10 2010, 04:48:24 PM
How is she in the show? I haven't seen it with Katie so I have nothing to compare it to.
Molly Shannon
 Nov 10 2010, 04:23:50 PM
I don't know if this is really kosher to ask, but are there any recordings (audio or video) of Molly Shannon in Promises, Promises?
Patti LuPone: A Memoir
 Sep 17 2010, 12:34:09 PM
does anyone know how to add the audio book from audible free trial to iTunes?
Molly Shannon to Join PROMISES, PROMISES for 11 Weeks Starting Oct. 12th
 Sep 8 2010, 03:46:59 PM
This makes me want a "Mary Katherine Gallagher Musical"

I also would love to see Amy Sedaris. Who knows if she can sing?

Haven Burton and the cast of 'Shrek' on Chicago news station
 Aug 27 2010, 10:08:06 PM
I like how she is singing about "Rapunzel" when reading about "Snow White"
Dear Hunter Foster, Meredith Patterson, Chris Sieber and Anyone Else With I
 Jun 20 2010, 05:21:11 PM
I don't normally post. But I figured, why not.

What has ultimately made that facebook group ugly is that people have lost site of what theatre is about.

People decide to argue who deserved the award and who didn't. Saying Catherine doesn't deserve it because she essentially doesn't care about her job. We are forgetting that theatre is subjective. That's what makes it so beautiful. One performance from an actor can change someone's life while it has no effect whatsoever to s

Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
 Jun 17 2010, 09:14:59 PM
It's just all kind of silly.

Makes you wonder when all the Hollywood stars thank the Broadway community for "welcoming them with open arms".

Not to bring up this case again, but Jeremy Piven once said something along the lines of not believing the Broadway community being as petty as Hollywood. Maybe he had a point.

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 11:03:19 PM
Great Lyrics. na-na-na-nanananana-na-na-nananananan
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You