News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for shob

shob Profile Photo
Member Name: shob
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A Chorus Line cast at Papermill??
 Aug 21 2012, 06:08:51 PM
KC Fredericks (Wicked tour as "Chistery") is playing Mark, I believe.
Now. Here. This. Original Cast Recording?
 Aug 19 2012, 11:48:01 PM
Bump.

I'm hoping they meet their goal. SO close.

'A Christmas Story the Musical'
 Nov 28 2011, 02:23:29 AM
Bump.

Any reviews for the show? Anyone pick up the cast recording at the theatre while seeing the show?

Up for sharing your viewing experience?

re: Side by Side by Susan Blackwell
 Nov 21 2011, 06:33:35 PM
The newest episode with Daniel Radcliffe is up and I am wondering: "who does his laundry?!"

National Touring Plays this 2011-2012 Season?
 May 5 2011, 09:08:51 PM
Anybody have any insight into which plays have been touring this past season and which new shows will be hitting the road next season? Thank you in advance...
Final Tony nomination predictions - post them here!
 May 2 2011, 08:27:32 PM
Thank you, GimmeABreak!
Final Tony nomination predictions - post them here!
 May 2 2011, 08:09:00 PM
A little off topic, but is there anyway for West Coast residents to watch the Tony Nominees announced LIVE?

Best times to catch Ripley (and not Pearl) in the N2N Tour
 Apr 4 2011, 01:28:10 AM
I managed to see the show three times within a month's time in San Francisco-two Wednesday matinee's, and one Friday night performance. She was pretty consistent, I think. I might be wrong, but I believe Pearl went on once or twice within this run. And Alice didn't stagedoor during the run for reasons regarding her voice, I overheard. I have seen pictures with her tagged on Facebook lately so I don't know if she's taking caution in other cities as well. But I hope this helps...
Your biggest Broadway crush
 Feb 27 2011, 06:01:07 PM
Sutton Foster
Gavin Creel
Krysta Rodriguez
Kyle Dean Massey
Karen Olivo
Adam Chanler-Berat
Jenn Damiano

Those are my TOP crushes.

New tours?
 Feb 13 2011, 12:45:20 AM
Is it at all inappropriate or frowned upon to contact the theatre mentioning shows I, as a patron, would like to see?
New tours?
 Feb 13 2011, 12:40:32 AM
Solves our problems. Thanks, LizzieCurry.
New tours?
 Feb 13 2011, 12:34:48 AM
Our local theatre books some very, how shall I put it, "non-exciting" tours and I really hope In the Heights extends and goes non-equity, or South Pacific. The theatre only books weekend-only engagements. This year's line up was: "Beauty and the Beast" (bleh), "A Chorus Line" (I liked it), "Fiddler on the Roof" (who? what?), "Spamalot" (boring), and "Burn the Floor" (Sure). I pray "Grease" DOES NOT stop by. But what can we expect for a conservative, valley city who doesn't know the unconventiona
San Francisco in love with Next to Normal / Understudies
 Feb 7 2011, 06:48:57 PM
If anybody here rushes, what is the turn out usually?

I don't live in the city and would love to make it back....if I can be "guaranteed" two tickets.

(I am a big "fanboy" for this show. It's ridiculous.)

Spring Awakening Tour
 Feb 6 2011, 06:23:27 PM
I wish they had at least ONE northern California stop. I really wanted to see this cast.
 Feb 6 2011, 06:10:09 PM
My friend is seeing it for the first time today and was very excited to see Ripley. She was disappointed as hell to find out Pearl Sun was on for today's matinee.

@uncageg-In 'So Anyway', towards the end of the song ('it's time for me to fly; and so, goodbye') is where I felt bad for Alice. And 'Maybe' is my favorite song from the show and like Anastasia_Beaverhausen said, it's not the voice from the cast recording.

But she sings the hell out of 'Didn't I See This Movie' and

Feb 6 2011, 04:30:38 AM
Honestly, the only time I cringed because of Alice's voice was during 'So Anyway'. The rest I just shrugged off. I would love for her to stick with the tour. It will be the last time for her to work with Diana and the material.
Spiderman Preview Thread!
 Feb 6 2011, 03:42:12 AM
This thread was getting boring. Thanks for sparkin' something, Scott. I needed a good read.
 Feb 6 2011, 03:09:00 AM
I have seen it twice here at the Curran and have enjoyed EVERY second of it. I now have an insane crush on Emma Hunton. She can sing. (My mother who does not enjoy musical theatre loved her voice, and her performance.) I saw their first preview performance here and Alice wasn't in the best of shape, and I saw her again on Thursday night and she was definitely worse. But she acts the hell out of the role, so I deal. I think she knows what's up; she doesn't stage door 'because of her voice'. Takin
Theatre Piece w Dance Break
 Jan 30 2011, 10:40:28 PM
I know this might not be from 'a well-known' show, but 'Morning Person' from Shrek instantly came to mind. Probably because it 'force-feeds' the 'dance break' aspect.

'Positive' from Legally Blonde.

(too contemporary?)

'Spider-Man' gets the Standing 'O'
 Jan 19 2011, 12:53:48 AM
I am going to be honest and say I admire Taymor.

I want to hear more from her on how she thinks things are going over at the Foxwoods...in an honest way.

And funny how the one thing she is proud of is the "female power" in the show-i.e. Arachne and 'Deeply Furious'.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You