News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for two ladies tickets

Member Name: two ladies tickets
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York  May 8 2024, 02:40:19 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "A few things worth noting:

• The figures in that WhatsOnStage article are not verified. It may be that the show cost more than $2 mil pounds in London and/or will cost less than $14 mil in New York. Every capitalization has a minimum and a maximum, and sometimes they don't need to raise the max. Exchange rate alone adds minimum 25% to the London capitalization, plus major differences in union/labor/ad costs.
Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York  May 8 2024, 01:40:51 PM

The original cast will play their final performance on Saturday. Most people have been assuming that they would be announcing the new West End cast along with the fact that the original cast will be transferring to Broadway, but it's already Wednesday and that announcement has not come.
as a British expat who's lived in New York for over 20 years I can't really gauge whether or not this show is too British for American audiences, but if this does transfer to Broadway, it'

R+J revival- which theatre?  May 2 2024, 04:17:29 PM

There is a way to get into CITS from the lobby of the Paramount building on W. 50th St. but you have to have employee credentials and/or a key. So technically that can be used to get people in and out without having to go through the lobby of the theater. When this production of R+J was announced a few weeks ago it did say that it was going into CITS, I know this because the folks at Wicked were having to have a conversation about how the stage door crowds from that production we're

Des McAnuff will direct Cash bio-musical, THE BALLAD OF JOHNNY AND JUNE, at La Jolla (May-July 2024)  Apr 25 2024, 06:10:53 PM

Christopher Ryan Grant was a Johnny Cash understudy in Million Dollar Quartet on Broadway. I happened to be at one of the performances where he went on and he was atrociously bad. Hopefully in the past 14 years since then his Johnny Cash impersonation has gotten better. 

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 09:22:58 PM

I was able to snag a couple of tickets. I'm so excited. I chose the mobile ticket delivery option. When I go into the confirmation email, there's a big red square that says: get tickets. But when I click on it, it just comes up as seat locations, there is no QR code. Is there supposed to be a QR code? Will that come later? I've never done mobile ticket delivery through Carnegie Hall so I'm not quite sure how it works there. 

Mother Play vs The Baltimore Waltz (spoilers within)  Apr 16 2024, 02:55:41 PM

In the early 1990s Paul Vogel wrote a beautiful play called The Baltimore Waltz, it was semi autobiographical about her brother's death from AIDS. I have not seen Mother Play yet but it sounds like there may be some crossover in the subject matter? For those familiar with both plays are they connected in anyway? Are we given the same information in both shows?  Baltimore Waltz was heartbreaking to sit through, I'm not sure I could do it again. 

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 03:12:15 PM

As other people have stated the reviews will most likely be mixed to negative. The Tony nominations come out on April 30th. Hopefully, they have enough of an advance to keep running until then. 

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London  Apr 14 2024, 09:26:42 AM

Jmuep2 said: "Glad folks liked this, but I will say I had the opposite reaction.
I found the score tedious and did not laugh once. The lead actress was horribly unfunny and I couldn’t understand 80% of what came out of her mouth whenever she was pretending to be a male character.I was so bored and miserable I got up and left at the interval. One of the worst things I’ve ever seen.
"

Because the show is so physically/vocally demanding are two

Quick London Question: Player Kings (Ian McKellen) or London Tide  Mar 29 2024, 07:10:38 PM

PJ Harvey definitely drew me to this piece as did the story by Dickens that they're using as source material. I wish they were doing it in the Dorfman, I like that space much better.
Since London Tide doesn't start previews for a couple of weeks, we don't know the running time yet so even if London Tide is 90 minutes you'd still be cutting it really close to run across Waterloo bridge into the West End to the Noel Coward. 

Quick London Question: Player Kings (Ian McKellen) or London Tide  Mar 29 2024, 06:38:53 PM

I am very excited about seeing London Tide in mid May. Something you may want to factor in is that Player Kings is about three hours and 45 minutes long. And even though the seats in the Lyttelton at The National are very uncomfortable, I think London Tide would have a much shorter running time.

Stereophonic adds April 2nd 40$ fan preview night  Mar 28 2024, 09:01:10 PM

This is a brilliant idea. Basically what they're doing is they're turning their final dress rehearsal into a preview performance and having people pay to come see it at a reduced cost. This way the word-of-mouth starts earlier and they can have a genuine audience for what should be their final dress rehearsal. I hope more shows start doing this. 

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 28 2024, 08:58:51 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "chrishuyen said: "Maybe including more of her artwork in the promo materials would help, as I do think she has a fairly unique style (though I also wonder if they're restricted in what they can use and for what purposes, since they mentioned some sort of licensing rights for the paintings). "

See I'm confused on why this would be the case considering her great granddaughter (who is the executor of her Estate) is a producer on t

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 27 2024, 07:55:58 PM

The only way this wouldn't make it to opening is if they weren't able to make weekly payroll. Who knows how much they have in their reserves at this point. Folks keep saying that it's under capitalized, but as long as they were able to put up the bond, they can go forward until the money runs out. 

The biggest chunk of running cost for this show would be music royalties, and I would be willing to bet that Huey Lewis is giving them a break on that. 

King Lear, Kenneth Branagh – The Shed, 2024  Mar 20 2024, 03:26:36 PM

inception said: "Interesting note on The Shed's website:

"Running time: Approximately two hours, no intermission"

They must have cut a lot.
"

I saw this in London. Now, keep in mind this is just my opinion and art is subjective but, this is clearly a vanity project for Branagh.
The show has been cut down to the major Lear moments with just enough extraneous character dialogue to forward the plot along. In London, the majori

Kristolyn Lloyd is being threatened with eviction  Mar 19 2024, 09:42:01 AM

Wick3 said: "Does BroadwayCares help actors in these types of situations too?"

The Actors Fund, AFCU and Actors Equity can help. It can take a bit of time though. Several years ago, I asked The Actors Fund with some help covering medical expenses, and there were several meetings and mountains of paperwork involved before they would even make the decision to take on my particular case, so while they are resources they are not a quick fix. 

CBS Sunday Morning Did Not Ask Nicholas Sparks About Racist/Homophobic Comments  Mar 17 2024, 03:13:01 PM

Broadway61004 said: "two ladies tickets said: "While Sparks may not directly be involved in this production he does receive a big fat royalty check every week for the use of his source material. And while he has apologized for those comments that he made, or rather, he was made to apologize for those comments, there are some people that will not be attending the show because of those comments. If you don't want Nicholas Sparks to get any of your money, then don't buy

CBS Sunday Morning Did Not Ask Nicholas Sparks About Racist/Homophobic Comments  Mar 17 2024, 02:50:31 PM

While Sparks may not directly be involved in this production he does receive a big fat royalty check every week for the use of his source material. And while he has apologized for those comments that he made, or rather, he was made to apologize for those comments, there are some people that will not be attending the show because of those comments. If you don't want Nicholas Sparks to get any of your money, then don't buy a ticket. 

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Mar 12 2024, 10:11:31 AM

I was surprised The Witches didn't get any design nominations. And I was also surprised that The Motive and the Cue didn't get acting nominations for Johnny Flynn or Tuppence Middleton. I suppose it also would've been nice to see some design nominations for Motive, the sets may look simple, but the design is very elegant and the costume designer had no small task of re-creating actual people that actually existed. 
I'm sure we will see Dear England on Broadway very s

SPAMALOT sets closing date  Mar 5 2024, 07:38:14 PM

This show was always meant to be a placeholder so the Jujamcyn flagship house wouldn't sit empty. This must mean that they found something else to come in and replace it in the summer/autumn. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24  Feb 13 2024, 03:04:18 PM

Remember, Spamalot is only at the St. James because the Jujamcyns didn't want their flagshig house sitting empty. They are getting a massive break on the weekly rental and other various running costs. It will stay there regardless of how much money it makes until there is another show ready to fill that house. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You