News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CandiceElyse

CandiceElyse Profile Photo
Member Name: CandiceElyse
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What shows would you love to see turned into movies?  Jan 13 2013, 09:20:06 PM
Next to Normal and a proper remake of A Chorus Line.
Newsies/Nederlander seating  May 5 2012, 04:45:33 PM
Can anyone give me info about the extreme sides of the orchestra, especially way closer up to the stage? i was noticing on one date i am considering the price jumps down 50 bucks over to the sides but is still the second row. i am concerned the price drop is too good to be true.

and also, off topic, but is there any way to predict the best chance of seeing the full cast? go before the tonys? surely no one would have a planned vacation then? (obviously unplanned absence is different) wo

Broadway Holograms  Apr 17 2012, 11:04:50 PM
i dont think holograms will/should ever replace live performers, but i do think itd be awesome to have some sort of show featuring the greats as holograms...merman is of course the obvious first that comes to mind, and id personally love some gene kelly thrown in there. its definitely a very interesting concept to play with!
Delayed movie musicals... or ones that never happened  Feb 19 2012, 10:20:43 PM
A couple years ago there was also all that talk about a South Pacific movie remake. I specifically remember them saying it would be "darker" than the original piece and of course all the hypothetical casting fun that came with it :)
Can You Guess Paper Mill Playhouse's 2012-13 Season?  Feb 16 2012, 10:46:46 PM
^i thought either that, or it would specifically say Salina, Kansas on the ticket. but i too am probably overthinking. all of the other ones i cant even begin to speculate, what a tease!
Anything Goes Star Schedules  Oct 1 2011, 01:25:55 AM
I thought I heard that Sutton had extended to April along with the show...but dont quote me on it.
Flea Market 2011 Thread  Sep 24 2011, 11:52:11 PM
At least no one seems to say it will be a total wash-out. hopefully that holds true. coming from out of town, i will be crushed if they postpone it while im en route ive waited to go to this thing for four years while i was stuck at school! getting so excited at the thought of it :)
Flea Market 2011 Thread  Sep 24 2011, 06:43:17 PM
Thanks DivaBrigader, that is so very helpful!
Flea Market 2011 Thread  Sep 24 2011, 04:02:15 PM
^ i'm also curious about this. i want pictures with jonathan groff and sutton foster who are both going to be swarmed im sure. how does it all usually work, since ive heard ppl were in line for almost the whole hour for some ppl?
Which TV Show Would You Like To See Made Into A Musical??  Apr 5 2011, 12:13:40 AM
I'm surprised no one has suggested 'Friends' yet! There are SO many goodies and references that they could use that audiences would eat right up. "We Were on a Break!" could be a great number for sure! Not sure if anyone could even come close to recreating the characters, though I think the same could be said of many of the shows mentioned already.

Someone should at the very least just do Janice singing Omigod You Guys from Legally Blonde. :)

Submissions Only is FANTASTIC  Apr 3 2011, 11:11:20 PM
Episode 5 is really the breakout episode. i've always loved watching it but this episode REALLY grabbed me and pulled me in and really got me invested! BRAVA!
ABC presents Best In Film 3/22, includes Best Movie Musical category  Mar 22 2011, 09:50:21 PM
Cant believe Wizard of Oz is third. I personally think Singing in the Rain shouldve gotten the top spot. I'm obviously biased, as it is my favorite movie, but not only is there great singing and dancing, but its hilarious, even after all these years. It is such a great all-around movie. I love all of the movies in the top 5, but Wizard of Oz and Singing in the Rain are, IMO, unquestionably better than Grease. but to each their own :)
Matthew Morrison & Jane Krakowski to star in PROMISES, PROMISES TV Musical?  Mar 1 2011, 01:59:55 AM
i cant speak for his comedic abilities for this role, but in interviews and such matthew morrison certainly possesses the endearing, lovable qualities of chuck.
Touring broadway shows in the D.C. area question  Feb 20 2011, 05:48:26 PM
vtalum, i couldnt agree more. i, too, live in the DC area and it seems like we get left out of a lot. The KenCen's season is pretty awesome this year, but as you said, all of the other stages are particularly lacking. Don't count out places like Signature and especially Arena though, they put on FABULOUS productions. i STILL can't get over how amazing Arena's Oklahoma! was.
Confirmed! Paper Mill Playhouse to Premiere New Disney Stage Musical NEWSIE  Feb 15 2011, 01:19:50 AM
SO excited.
Current WICKED cast?  Feb 11 2011, 10:00:55 PM
i saw Kyle Dean back when he was an understudy, and he is the best Fiyero I have seen yet. He just has that swagger and presence.
How To Succeed Costumes  Feb 9 2011, 10:51:15 PM
by "more in the mad men direction" i think you mean she looks like a carbon copy of Joan Holloway. i love mad men, so i think the blatant mimicry is a little much, but I guess the style has already proven itself wildly popular, so i understand them wanting to go along with it.
Clint Eastwood to Direct Beyonce in A Star is Born  Jan 20 2011, 10:21:00 PM
i like Beyonce, but she's no Judy Garland.period.
Song choices for first dance at Wedding  Jan 19 2011, 12:51:12 AM
Depends what you are looking for obviously, but here are my 3 suggestions

big grandiose romantic number- Some Enchanted Evening (South Pacific)
quieter and more intimate number- You, Wonderful You (from the film Summer Stock)
Fun/upbeat cute number- There Once Was a Man (The Pajama Game)

Casting Choices for ABC's Non Musical Wicked  Jan 19 2011, 12:43:22 AM
not to change the subject completely but since it was just mentioned are they EVER going to make the Judy Garland biopic?? it seems like they've been talking about Anne Hathaway doing it for years.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You