News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lida rose

lida rose Profile Photo
Member Name: lida rose
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which show after SPRING AWAKENING and RENT?  Mar 9 2020, 02:43:58 PM

it doesn't have a storyline, but Runaways fits your other criteria.

Millie Banned from School district. What's Next?  Apr 15 2019, 05:16:24 PM

MrsSallyAdams said: "I saw a high school production of Anything Goes that changed the two gambling Chinese missionaries into a pair of gambling nuns. Not ideal but it worked. Have those characters remained in subsequent licensed adaptations of the show? Were they in the Sutton Foster revival?"

they were in the sutton foster revival, and they were also in the arena stage production in DC this past winter. 

What Happened to Patrick Hinds and the podcasts Broadway Backstory and Theater People  Jan 14 2019, 04:52:42 PM

I miss Broadway Backstory so much, I hope it comes back. in terms of theatre history podcasts, it's relatively new but I've really been enjoying My Little Tonys. it doesn't have the access of something like Broadway Backstory but it's well-produced and the hosts do their research.

Daniel Fish-Directed OKLAHOMA! Lassos its Way to St. Ann's Warehouse  Sep 26 2018, 06:13:06 PM

from the NYT:

"There are limits to artistic freedom, though, and Mr. Fish exceeded them toward the end of his Bard production, when his treatment of a scene of fatal violence took Mr. Chapin by surprise. For St. Ann’s, he has instructed Mr. Fish to find a different way."

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

did any one

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Aug 23 2018, 12:33:56 PM

"I have LincTix for earlier in October. Does anyone know if they'll allow me to swap them for available LincTix later in Laura Benanti's run?"

I just did this! you have to call Telecharge and they'll cancel your linctix, then you can repurchase them yourself online. I was excited to see Lauren Ambrose but there's no way I'm missing Laura in this.

The Official TDF Thread  Jul 24 2018, 03:51:45 PM

I was at Hello Dolly on Sunday. our seats were in the partially obstructed side orchestra (row M), still a great view.

OOTI [2017) Reviews  Apr 18 2018, 08:22:33 AM

I saw the show last night and there were understudies on for Asaka, Papa Ge, and Daniel. something must be going around over there. 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 14 2018, 11:06:57 AM

saw it last night. as a longtime Carousel fan I thought they botched it, for many of the reasons already mentioned in this thread. the dancing was the only high point.

I was also thinking about how R&H kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the character of Louise-- it seems almost impossible to cast someone who's a strong enough dancer who can also nail the scenes with Billy & Julie, which should be the emotional climax of Act 2. all the Louises I've seen have bee

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 9 2018, 02:57:44 PM

I was having that problem yesterday with Once on this Island tickets, I was able to get through after about 45 minutes of refreshing intermittently. it's a pain, but it seems like the only workaround, especially if they're denying it's an issue.

FOLLIES- National Theatre Live  Nov 17 2017, 10:55:34 PM

I'm also selling a ticket for Monday for face value ($25), PM me if you're interested!

Caroline, or Change:  Aug 24 2017, 11:14:18 PM

"EMMIE IS FIFTEEN YEARS OLD."

she could pass as much younger onstage the same way Anika Noni Rose did, she has a youthful voice and physicality (and would probably sell tickets). it's not like there's no precedent for casting the role in that age range. however, I agree it would be exciting to see an unknown teen play that part.

Caroline, or Change:  Aug 24 2017, 09:16:17 PM

I'd love to see Janelle Monáe as Emmie. I remember reading she stopped doing musical theatre because she was disappointed with the limited variety of roles available to black women... wonder if a juicy & complex part like that might lure her back.

NECESSARY PRE-TONYS VIEWING: Ridiculous Musical Compilations (YouTube)  Jun 15 2017, 11:41:51 AM

so glad these are all in one place!!!

"You Monster!" (Beauty and the Beast): https://www.facebook.com/braiden/posts/10212582669582290

"I'd be so happy I could.... MELT!" (Wicked)https://www.facebook.com/violetwildebeast/posts/10209535869816001

The Antipodes - Signature Theatre  Apr 8 2017, 10:03:30 PM

(spoilers? maybe?)

I was there this afternoon. the early negative reports on here had me worried, but I really enjoyed myself, and so did the two people I went with. I can see why it's polarizing-- not everything works, and it's intentionally dramatically inert, but there's a lot to chew on here. I don't know if it'll win her any new fans, though. none of the connections she makes are explicit, and there's no traditional narrative or character

Selling 2 Sunday in the Park tickets Wed 4/5 8pm  Apr 4 2017, 10:13:01 AM

edit: sold!

The Beauty Queen Of Leenane returns!  Jan 23 2017, 12:37:43 PM

"For example, why did Maureen end up staying? Her two sisters apparently escaped. What kept Maureen back? To my knowledge, this is never explored."

i had some trouble with the accents as well, but i believe they mentioned that maureen's release from the asylum was conditional on returning home to the care of her mother. so either she legally can't leave, or inertia & fear of relapse took over after that.

Hamilton Professional Recording of OBC  May 8 2016, 01:49:01 PM

Even though the original cast is leaving soon they could still come back to film it. That's what happened with Into the Woods, South Pacific, etc

Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 04:09:11 PM

"I actually heard a story of my director saying that an actor was being rude during an Ethel Merman show, and she ended up dragging him out of the audience. I don't know if it's 100% true (or if it was Ethel Merman), but Ethel Merman and a lot of other people would do this if it happened in their times."

Elaine Stritch told that story in her show, it was a drunk man who was heckling her (Ethel) during Call Me Madam. in Elaine's version she hauled him out of his se

Actors who were fired from/left roles  Apr 20 2016, 02:43:53 PM

has enough time passed for people to spill what happened with barrett weed in heathers & alexandra socha in fun home? i saw both of them in those roles before they left and am super curious.

Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert  Apr 5 2016, 10:55:05 AM

I don't know if I've ever cried more at any performance than I did last night. everyone around me was a wreck too. you could tell how moved the cast was to be together again performing that material. beautiful, magical, overwhelming. I feel very very lucky to have been there.

on another note, I wonder if Matthew Morrison experienced any PTSD from returning to a time when his whole career was still ahead of him and the indignities of Glee were just a twinkle in Ryan Murphy&

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You