News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for birdlives

birdlives Profile Photo
Member Name: birdlives
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

X-large merch for several shows
 Aug 22 2008, 02:56:50 PM
hey, everyone...
i have some Broadway show merch for sale, a few shirts and hats that i will never wear, most of it for shows that are now closed.

if you're interested in hearing more, just email me:
leosprideent@yahoo.com

james barbour: in his own words
 Apr 4 2008, 03:55:55 PM
"Broadway star James Barbour recently returned to the stage in the Riker's Island Inmate production of OKLAHOMA, giving a compelling performance as Ado Annie, and the classic song, "I'm Just a Girl Who Cain't Say No".

Added one prison insider, "like all sexual offenders, around here he doesn't have much choice."

Bada-Bing!

re: Please come see my movie SUMMER NUTS, tomorrow night!
 Jan 22 2008, 05:48:31 PM
*bump*

If you like bad summer stock, Waiting for Guffman, softball or Biblical musicals...please come see my movie!

Please come see my movie SUMMER NUTS, tomorrow night!
 Jan 22 2008, 01:01:54 PM
hey, everyone...
tomorrow night will be the last screening of SUMMER NUTS at The Duplex. it starts at 9:30, there's no cover, 2 drink minimum, all ages allowed.

the movie is about a group of actors from a small town summer stock theater who form the world's worst softball team. it has a number of Broadway vets, like Matt Bogart (AIDA, MISS SAIGON, SMOKY JOE'S, CIVIL WAR), Stephen Colella (LES MIZ), Scott Hunt (RENT, LES MIZ) and more.

to see the trailer: www.y

like bad summer stock? like WAITING FOR GUFFMAN? like softball?
 Jan 14 2008, 11:25:59 PM
Then, I beg you to come see my movie! It's called SUMMER NUTS, and it's a feature length comedy about a group of actors from a small town summer stock theater who form the world's worst softball team. It features a number of Broadway vets, from shows such as RENT, LES MIZ, AIDA, MISS SAIGON and more.

For the trailer and more info: www.summernutsmovie.com
Or, catch Peter Filichia's article, "Summer Lovin'": www.theatermania.com/peterfilichia/

Sunday, Jan. 20th and Wednesd

re: restaurant ideas for kids
 Sep 30 2006, 12:57:55 AM
i know you said near TARZAN, but in case you have more time, i have to second PB&CO down in the West Village. it's a great place that i've taken my family to on a number of occasions.

http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/

Racist Republican Senator Invited to WHITE NOISE at NYMF
 Aug 19 2006, 04:16:54 AM
Ryan - you're going a little overboard here. I haven't said anything about George Allen, and I certainly haven't defended him. He's a despicable human being, just like Byrd is. Just like Mel Gibson is. Just like anyone who is a racist. He is an indefensible human being.

You're drawing conclusions about me and what kind of person I am, my politics, etc, because I pointed out that you could also invite another high profile racist to your show, and represent both parties. But, you're

Aug 18 2006, 11:33:04 PM
"They are much, much better than they've ever been in my lifetime," Byrd said. "I think we talk about race too much. I think those problems are largely behind us ... I just think we talk so much about it that we help to create somewhat of an illusion. I think we try to have good will. My old mom told me, 'Robert, you can't go to heaven if you hate anybody.' We practice that. There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work tog
 Aug 18 2006, 03:49:54 PM
You should also invite Robert Byrd, the senator from West Virginia. He's a former KKK head in WV, and just a few years ago was fond of saying there are "white n*****s and there are black n*****s". He's a reach peach a human being.
re: for any Chicago musical theater/independent film fans...
 Aug 9 2006, 07:13:07 PM
hey, Cool...
check your PM's. i sent you some info about an Indiana screening. it'll be a smaller affair, but should be fun.

thanks!

re: for any Chicago musical theater/independent film fans...
 Aug 9 2006, 03:36:56 PM
bump
for any Chicago musical theater/independent film fans...
 Aug 8 2006, 09:45:03 PM
I'm holding a test screening of my new feature film, SUMMER NUTS, in Chicago in two weeks, and I want to invite any Broadway World members to come and check it out. The story is about a group of small town summer stock actors who form the world's worst softball team. It features a number of Broadway vets and Chicago actors.

Lakeshore Theater
Tuesday, August 22nd. - 8:00pm
Admission is free, but space is limited, so please email me at leosprideent@yahoo.com, to let me know how

re: Anyone see The Capeman?
 Dec 26 2005, 09:21:49 AM
I saw it a couple of times. I really liked the music, and they did some pretty cool things with the set. There was a scene set in a prison cafeteria, and they made the whole back wall of the set look as if you were looking down on it, so there were tables and figures of guys mounted there. Some really nice forced perspective stuff with the fire escapes and buildings. But, they also did the whole goofy looking miniature thing, with a tiny Greyhound bus that rode across the stage. (Like the s
re: The Humana Festival of New American Plays
 Dec 11 2005, 08:30:53 PM
I was in Louisville last week, for the first time in years, and I loved it. I hadn't realized what a vibrant cultural city it has become. Everywhere you go, you're surrounded by great architecture and artwork, and there are a number of great theaters, there. You throw in the science museum, the horse racing, the glass blowing place, the Louisville Slugger museum...the bourbon...it's offers the best of city life with that laid back southern style.

And, I had one of the best meals of m

re: Norbert lands a sitcom deal!
 Nov 9 2005, 03:47:28 PM
B12B, those shows have pretty strong hooks. "Gimme a Break" had strong racial/social elements to it that made it novel for its day. "What's Happening?" wasn't really created around Mabel King's personality, but she was meant to be the strong force at its center. I think there's a difference. But, that show too had other things going for it and a talented supporting cast that carried it through.

These days, constructing a show around someone's personality just isn't going to draw peo

Nov 9 2005, 12:42:07 PM
Yeah, Jason Alexander is a great example. And, he's someone that was part of one of the biggest shows in the history of television, an international television star...and, the same thing happened to him after SEINFELD. And, Michael Richardson. And, Julia Louis Dreyfuss. They all tried to make shows centered around a personality, and they all ended up not working.
 Nov 9 2005, 12:30:05 PM
In my opinion, I think the biggest problem with the ones that failed was that they were situations built around a personality, or for a personality that wasn't all that compelling to watch, for most people. They're great actors (Chenoweth, Bette, etc.) but their personalities alone aren't enough to make most people tune in week after week, unless the show has a unique hook. They saddled them with standard sit-com plotlines and circumstances and they ended up just being pretty bland and not ver
Yes - give us a subtle No Good Deed
 Nov 1 2005, 10:28:48 AM
"Friends, actors all, suggest: If she stays, she needs to start over, from scratch, trusting someone to help her find her way back to a role she must've played successfully at one time, or she would not have been cast. A year's worth of performances have not taught her anything approximating restraint. An actor friend: "she needs to trust the material, and not feel compelled to comment on it, or do riffs that are about her as a singer, not the character she's playing." Amen. "

I'm not t

re: Matt Caplan- Overtones
 Oct 20 2005, 11:44:14 PM
I like it a lot. I think it's something completely unique to him, a sound I've never really heard before. That's a rare thing these days in music, at least with what you hear on the radio. After you listen to this cd, you'll wonder why the music industry forces crap like Ryan Cabrera on you, when there are guys out there like Matt Caplan who are spilling out their guts in such a brave and beautiful fashion.

re: Matt Bogart... any thoughts?
 Oct 18 2005, 01:40:46 PM
I've been in a few shows with Matt Bogart, and just directed him in an indie feature film. The guy is the real deal, a generous actor, extremely thoughtful about his work, but also about the show as a whole. He's a great actor, capable of a lot more than he gets credit for. And, he's a super cool guy.

Listen, here's one story about Matt Bogart. He was by far the biggest name in my movie. He's been a lead in a number of Broadway shows. He's originated roles in a bunch of new shows,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You