Shoshana on Martha Stewart

Shoshana BeanieBaby
#0Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 11:57am

The Bean just scored on Martha's show. She did "No Good Deed" and was awesome!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#1re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 11:58am

I was there! Front row center!!!!!!!!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 11:59am

She was great! Looked like the audience LOVED it. That performance definitley drew even more attention to the show. re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart Great job Sho!!!

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#3re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:06pm

my bitch roommate didn't set the vcr correctly...i hate other people doing stuff...they usually always ruin it....

will never get to see this performance now....g d it

d

theatreboi11
#4re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:09pm

ticenewyorkcity- I selpt in and didn't get to see it but they rerun the episodes at 5 pm every day. Maybe check and see if they do that near you.

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

PJ
#5re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:12pm

You could tell at a few points in the performance that she wasn't completely well vocally. She didn't crack or anything, but her voice would get deeper for a moment or two here and there. But "No Good Deed" is Shoshana's best number in the show so she was still able to sing the sh*t out of it.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:13pm

If you say that's her best number, then I take pity on her audience every night. She was absolutley terrible.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#7re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:14pm

What station re-airs the Martha episodes?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

munkustrap178
#8re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:15pm

Re-watch this episode for the adorable bats, and for the brilliantly sexy Cameron Mathison. I feel like it's Oxygen...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

WiCkEDrOcKS
#9re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:16pm

munk: She was sick. And it wasn't that bad all things considered. And yes, No Good Deed is her best number in the show. How can you judge her entire performance in Wicked on one vocal performance (in which she was ill)?

embracepeace
#10re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:16pm

She was just great! Given that Sho's been pretty sick lately, of course her voice might not be up to par! Can you imagine singing a song like NGD with a cold/flu/cough/etc? It's vocally hard enough on good days, ya know? I thought she did just phenomenal! Good for her and for Wicked!

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#11re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:18pm

Note to mother, I didn't say a word.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#12re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:21pm

I enjoyed it. It was clear that she was ill, but not overly clear. I thought she did a very nice job. She did a strange bouncing motion at one point that I didn't really care for...but, all in all, I enjoyed her. Strong voice.

-Vincent

munkustrap178
#13re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:22pm

Oh of COURSE she was sick.

I'm not even talking about her complete lack of a nice sounding voice - her acting - just terrible. My sister wants to see WICKED, but I will definitely wait to take her until she leaves the show. And I'm not judging solely from this performance - I've seen her perform several other times - and she was always "sick" or "Stressed" or "nervous." Or, not good.

I never thought I'd say this, but I want Idina back in the show.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:22pm

TLC repeats Martha.

#15re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:24pm

She re-airs at 6PM ET/PT on TLC!

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#16re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:24pm

careful, the Shoshana Police are going to come after you...

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#17re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:25pm

What are they going to beat us with the "no-talent" stick?

theatreboi11
#18re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:31pm

Was her performance at the beginning or end of the show?

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

WiCkEDrOcKS
#19re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:33pm

Very end.

PJ
#20re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:34pm

The last 5-10 minutes.

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#21re: Shoshana on Martha Stewart
Posted: 10/31/05 at 12:56pm

She looked pretty on the show! At least I think so!

Your fupa is showing.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#22less should've been more
Posted: 10/31/05 at 1:58pm

Munkustrap is on the money.

I kept wanting to back up from the TV set, and put distance between us. To be fair, she's used to scaling the number for the barn-like Gershwin. But she did nothing whatsoever to reconsider the performance for the intimancy of the camera. She oversold every shift of emotion, indicating baldly when merely letting the song's intentions and passion might sell it. (Worst moments: when she invoked Nessa and Dr. Dillamond, her eyes hammily darting around the studio as if they might land on those missing characters.) I couldn't take issue with her singing per se, beyond recognizing that she has the range and power sound for the role. But the affected enunciation -- widening her jaw on every "eeee" sound -- once again reminded me how hard it is to put theatrical numbers on the small screen without their being redirected. Someone should've helped her out. I would've simply told her to stand still, and not keep brushing up against Martha's set, seemingly threatening to bring it down. Less is more, and never is that more critical than on the small screen.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 10/31/05 at 01:58 PM

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#23less should've been more
Posted: 10/31/05 at 2:22pm

I was on the guest list to attend. I didn't go for 2 reasons:
A. I had a midterm
B. Shoshanna Bean was performing

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#24less should've been more
Posted: 10/31/05 at 2:33pm

Just out of curiosity, being that today is Halloween, will Martha re-air "tonight" at 6:00 p.m. on TLC? I want to see this, lol, just to make up my own mind! Any help would be great....Thanks!

Later!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

Videos