News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaylover6

Member Name: broadwaylover6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chad Kimball and MEMPHIS Attendance
 Jan 3 2011, 11:03:32 AM
ahh, but you are not supposed to like Huey...the Huey character is very atypical for a Broadway lead, he doesn't save the day, he doesn't get the girl...he is an unlikeable and likeable at the same time, he is annoying, he is endearing and yet dense...selfish and yet very giving ....the character is very ying yang...and Bryan plays he part very much like Chad except a bit younger and brighter, but I do not find his portrayal of the character more likeable. He doesn't have the same chemistry with
Chad Kimball and MEMPHIS Attendance
 Jan 3 2011, 12:10:54 AM
Chad has a pretty serious shoulder injury that he has been working through the past couple of months. ClassicalProse is correct he has been experiencing some vocal strain, hopefully he will do what he has to do to get himself healthy. I too have seen Bryan do the role and while he does a fine job, he doesn't bring the same passion to the role that Chad does. Chad is Huey, it is his role, and I hope he can continue to do it for as long he likes and is able. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Is Chad Kimball ever in MEMPHIS?
 Aug 1 2010, 10:24:35 AM
While I agree that Bryan gives a stellar performance, I think it is unfair to compare, Bryan occasional run to Chad's constant performance. Bryan has yet do eight performances in a row, week after week, month after month. When he does, then we can talk. And I have seen Bryan in the role several times and he has yet to high the note at the end. And while he is fabulous in the role his chemistry with Montego is not nearly as good as Chad's and Montego's.
 Jul 31 2010, 04:53:01 PM
That article is incorrect Chad is contracted to do all 8 shows and usually does...
 Jul 31 2010, 03:57:25 PM
I have it on very good authority that Chad is injured, so I would hope that the show must go on mentality could be given a break. As Wayman said, Chad injured his back a few weeks ago and re-injured it a this week. If you have seen the show then you would know that Chad's role is very physical. Chad slides to the floor several times and has to pick up and carry Felicia, I would hope that most would not expect him to risk permanent injury to his back just to placate the "show must go on" mentalit
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You