News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for buyjupiter

Member Name: buyjupiter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Movie Scenes You Still Laugh At The Million-th Time
 Feb 3 2005, 04:08:37 PM
In Monty Python's The Life of Brian, where the space aliens abduct Brian. Love it for the pure random factor.
re: What are you reading?
 Jan 4 2005, 01:02:36 PM
Keroac's On the Road and Phantom of the Opera. And I just finished Hunchback of Notre Dame.
re: Where do you all reside?
 Dec 23 2004, 04:24:06 PM
Santa Barbara 1/2 of year; Chico, CA, the other 1/2.
re: Michael Jackson's Problem
 Dec 23 2004, 04:18:42 PM
Living just up the road from Jackson's ranch Neverland, gives me some unique tidbits. For instance, even though he's on trial the court system has let him continue entertaining children on Neverland. The court has had to open a county-wide jury selection, because of the scarcity of unbiased potential jurors. And all this news is making front page here, and we're all soooo tired of hearing about it.
re: What Famous Personality Do You Most Resemble?
 Dec 22 2004, 04:25:17 PM
I get told that I look quite a bit like Drew Barrymore. Personally I can't see it, I look more like a combination of all my grandparents.
re: Favorite Show You Haven't Seen
 Dec 21 2004, 12:48:15 PM
Definitely Fiddler on the Roof! And Les Mis, Chicago, all way before I was ever old enough to travel on my own!
re: Explain Christmas to a Jewish woman
 Dec 19 2004, 05:20:11 PM
Firstly, Mary was called Miriam, until the Bible was translated into Latin. Then she was called Maria, the Latinized version of Miriam.
Secondly, Jesus was a rabbi (or teacher) of sorts. Many dismissed him because there were so many so called "messiahs" around the time of Jesus.
Thirdly, Christianity splits away from Judaism in around 70 CE, when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem. This is also the time in which the Gospels were written. (According to archaelogical evidence).

I'm

re: Gilbert & Sullivan
 Dec 16 2004, 06:37:57 PM
My favorite, is of course, Pirates. You can't imagine the impact it had on a seven yr old, seeing it for the first time on PBS during fundraising. I loved it so much then, and I love it even more now! I watched it again a year or so back, and got way more out of it than I did at seven. And after seeing Linda Ronstadt singing in Pirates my dad had to run out and get a whole bunch of her cds. So I grew up listening to her too.
Comments and a Question
 Dec 16 2004, 06:28:12 PM
Caroline, or Change is playing in LA at the Ahmanson Theatre until the 26th of December. Tickets aren't that much, from about $25 to $80 bucks. And productions at the Ahmanson are wonderful.
re: What shows have YOU seen?
 Dec 16 2004, 05:55:55 PM
living on the west coast makes it a bit hard to see Broadway musicals. But I have seen a couple of shows over here that made it to Broadway.

1. Amadeus
2. Martin Guerre (never made it to Broadway)
3. Scarlet Pimpernel

**Edit--How could I forget that I saw Les Mis! Went through my playbills last night, and found one for Les Mis. Ugh, *smacks forehead*

re: What are you listening to right now? 11:30 PST
 Dec 13 2004, 07:30:54 PM
Notre Dame de Paris, original cast recording. Very very good!
Peter Hall's Amadeus
 Dec 13 2004, 02:19:46 PM
Does anyone know if there was a recording made when Sir Peter Hall's Amadeus was touring the States? I know it was in London about 5-6 years ago and then moved to LA. It was on Broadway for a year, I think. It had David Suchet playing Salieri. I would love to have a recording of this if there is any to be found. Does anyone even know where i could look? I've tried Amazon, but they didn't have anything. thanks a bundle.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You