News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AMWB

AMWB Profile Photo
Member Name: AMWB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Company Previews Thread  Nov 17 2021, 12:52:31 PM

StylishCynic said: "
I spotted Adam Lambert near me in the audience and possibly Joanna Gleason (in a Company-red column dress). Did anyone notice any celebrities in the house?”

I had the pleasure of chatting with Joanna Gleason outside in line before we went in. She was all pumped up and excited to see it and said it would be a special performance.  Then she added “get out your cameras!”  And I SO wanted to say “but you know what Pa

Company Previews Thread  Nov 16 2021, 03:31:38 AM

Agree— she was hilarious!!!

Company Previews Thread  Nov 16 2021, 03:25:27 AM

No, hepatitis didn’t change to coronavirus.  

No Tony Award Tickets this year  May 16 2018, 05:25:12 PM
Wow prices have really increased over the years! I went a few times in the late 90’s and tickets were an even $100
Patti LuPone in Concert  Apr 29 2018, 12:40:24 AM
I was there too at Proctors and was in awe as usual. Her voice seems to be getting BETTER with age, and anyone who complains about her diction needs to watch her perform “If”, which happened to be my 6 year old’s favorite last night. ; )

Funny that the review names “Losing My Mind” as one of the highlights... she didn’t sing it last night!

Loved the accapella songs at the end — she truly had us in the palm of her hand.

Show us your Broadway poster wall  Apr 5 2018, 12:09:56 AM

What a fun thread : )
I want soooo many more posters from
Shows I have seen and others that I have loved for years. *sigh*
This is the stairway to my basement ...

*** SORRY -- I tried to post my picts, but it's not working....  ***

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 20 2018, 10:53:19 AM

QueenAlice said: "I think the audience response at the Grammy's thing was blown a little out of proportion. There is usually a slight delay, particularly on live broadcasts in the editing sync, and the audience reaction shots are usually in relationship to something a few seconds before the moment they are supposedly reacting to and so I think sometimes are not really an accurate read. That may be why from LuPone's perspective she didn't see what we on television saw.

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 20 2018, 10:20:51 AM

lovebwy said: “I know years and years ago Patti did a one woman Broadway show and it flopped. She really needs to do something more along the lines of At Liberty. Get a first rate playwright to help her craft the story of her life. It might be cool if she got into the seedier side of the story. The hockey player, if there was any drug use at all, ect."

I saw that show on Broadway, at the Walter Kerr, in the Fall of 1995.  Many many times, in fact.

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 20 2018, 10:10:39 AM

lovebwy said: "AMWBWhat the hell. I'll tell it.

So while he was setting up Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Seth made the comment to the audience "Now, I don't want you guys to be like the Grammys audience." Seth was referring to the crowd shot right after the song that showed a row of people remaining seated and not clapping for Patti. It became a meme, and lots of people talked about it on social media. Seth assumed Patti was aware of it.

She wasn't. Seth makes the joke, the audience laughs, and Patti goes "what do you mean by that?" The look on Seth's face was PRICELESS. He clearly realized he'd stepped in it. And he clearly did NOT want to be the one to bring it to Patti's attention. "It was a joke" he replied. But Patti insisted "no, but what did it MEAN?"

"

Oh WOW.  Ouch.  I can only imagine Seth died a few little deaths inside when that happened.  Patti is not one to go watch recordings of her performances and she isn’t on social media, so for her the stadium was cheering and she was rightly proud in her moment, and moved on.  

Oh ouch.  

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 19 2018, 01:17:40 PM
LoveBWY:

Thank you so much for sharing all the details!! Sounds like an amazing night. And yes, it’s quite incredible how full of stories she is and how many people she knows and stories she is wrapped up in.

And then there’s that VOICE. !!

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 19 2018, 01:15:40 PM

Well THIS won’t drive me crazy for all eternity.....
??????????????

“There was a little weirdness with Seth bringing up an aspect of the Grammys that Patti may not have been privy to that I told in my last story, so I will leave that out this time in hopes that the story stays up”

LuPone and Webber "Bury the Hatchet"  Jan 26 2018, 05:39:02 PM
I imagine that the last year of Hate and discord in this country perhaps made Patti decide that the negative energy towards ALW just isn’t worth it anymore.
He treated her awfully, and I’m sure she won’t forget that, but it’s good for her soul if she can move on from it.

As for whatshisface’s comments about her being mean to assistants — that’s just not truth. She is harsh to people who aren’t able to do their jobs. Been there, seen it, experienced her generosity and have seen

Raising The Palace Theatre 29 feet...  Jan 13 2018, 12:02:00 PM

Deena Jones said: "I did read it,Tobias... I am just sad that Times Square has changed SO much."

Agreed.  And Patti LuPone now has a whole album about it. She even mentions the proposed palace renovations.  

*sigh*

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG - Replacement Cast  Nov 27 2017, 08:03:12 AM
Thank you SO MUCH for the responses and help! I know my daughter will love this so much and now I feel safe bringing her friends without upsetting any parents... LOL
: )

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG - Replacement Cast  Nov 23 2017, 01:15:20 PM
I’ve seen the play and loved it. I’m thinking of taking my daughter and her friend (9-10 year olds) for her birthday .... but I can’t remember if there is any bad language in it??

Anyone know for sure? I don’t mind as much if my daughter hears a stray bad word or two but I can’t bring someone else’s child to an inappropriate play.
; )

Hal Prince's EVITA Aims for Broadway?  Nov 22 2017, 10:49:02 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "Patti is over twice the age (68) Eva was when she died (33). Do you envision that being an issue? I ask this with all due respect to Ms. Lupone."

True, but Patti can still sing it, which is pretty remarkable and thrilling!!  A one night concert event with LuPone and Patinkin would be A M A Z I N G !! 

Noah Galvin as Evan  Nov 22 2017, 10:42:48 AM
I’m seeing the show this Friday night and am so excited. Not sure what insight I would be able to provide, however, because it will be my FIRST time seeing DEH, so I have no comparisons to make besides what I have seen of Ben on the Tony’s, etc.

Hoping for a wonderful night!

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14  Nov 2 2017, 04:24:12 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Wow indeed!

Mic drop from Spacey.

"

If that’s his mic drop, it’s the last mic he’ll ever hold.  The only appropriate response would have been “ohmygod, this was horribly wrong and illegal of me and I am so so so so sorry for the damage I have done”. 

Throwing his sexuality into the mix is a dick move. 

War Paint Stage Door  Oct 30 2017, 06:57:31 AM
Enjoy! I took my 9 year old to see it in July and she loved it. : )
I’m going to be honest and say Patti probably won’t cone out after the matinee. With her hip pain, I’m guessing she has doctors and physical therapists working on her in between shows.
But you can bring a self-addressed envelope and a note and send it all backstage with the programs after the show and I bet she will sign and mail to you.
xox

ALW lawyer warns LuPone of 'false and libelous' statements  Oct 27 2017, 10:35:32 AM
LuPone is focused right now, 24/7, on surviving the last two weeks of her run in War Paint. She is in excruciating pain, but managed 8 shows a week with 12+ Major costume changes (which must be hell on the hip). She isn’t thinking about ALW or Sunset right now. She is thinking about her cast and crew and about her upcoming surgery... and healing. Give the woman a break.

I went to London and saw her in a SUNSET, 10 Days after the firing... She was incredible in the show. Truly.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You