News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tamerlano

Tamerlano Profile Photo
Member Name: Tamerlano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Broadway Weekend  Mar 8 2016, 05:28:41 PM

A flying visit form Glasgow, Scotland for 2 days on Broadway. Show 1 was Something Rotten on Friday night. Loved it especially as all the cast were on. Worth the ticket price for Brad Oscar and the company performing It's a Musical...nothing beats a kick line..and took my mind off all the audience with their sippy cups but at least they do switch off their phones. Day 2 and matinee was She Loves Me..what more could you wish for? Cast, staging and orchestra were wonderful. There were a few

Gypsy Live at the Savoy  Jan 4 2016, 05:25:53 PM

I just love that we all are talking about the best Gypsy performance and the best Rose..I was Clarence and his classic clarinet and a newsboy in 1979...the Scottish Amateur Premier at the Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow. The Rose was Dixie Carr..she was a professional actress who had retired..the one thing I will never forget was hearing the Overture as I was already preset on stage as a beginner...and that sent me on the career I still have in the theatre.

Gypsy will always evolve and c

Advice on buying tickets  Jun 29 2015, 07:16:14 PM

I've booked flights and hotels for a wee trip to NY at end of July. Started to look at theatre tickets and they are so expensive. Is it better to turn up to the box office on the day with my Equity Card and hope for a chance? It's just a sad homo alone looking for single tickets to a weekend of Broadway. Advice please so I don't waste money.

Dead or alive your Broadway Bucket Show!  Jan 26 2014, 08:58:41 PM
Merm in Gypsy. Liza when she filled in on Chicago. Babs in both Wholesale and Funny Girl. Yul Brynner in King & I.
What to see?  Jan 26 2014, 07:13:01 PM
Thanks..you guys are quick and right..Pippin and Glass Menagerie fills two shows...was a bit scared of Glass as it broke my heart when I worked on a production of it many many years ago here in Scotland.

What to see?  Jan 26 2014, 06:53:30 PM
Hi Friends..coming for a long weekend from 7th Feb and I've booked for Little Me concert and Madama Butterfly at the Met so I have 3 more shows to fill. What would you suggest? I have to admit there is nothing that jumps out as I've seen all the long runs and the British transfers..guess I could see Chicago for the 27th time! I'm happy to go back to an old favourite if there has been an amazing cast change. Any play or musical on or off Broadway I'll consider if any one says it's worth seeing. T
Chaplin is on itunes now  Dec 5 2012, 10:54:23 AM
For those of us in the UK - "Leap of Faith" is now available on itunes UK.
Laura Osnes Double Hit  Sep 18 2012, 04:57:00 PM
I thought she was gorgeous in Anything Goes.
Laura Osnes Double Hit  Sep 18 2012, 04:38:10 PM
Thanks to Itunes I have had a double hit bliss of Laura Osnes..her Dream a Little Dream solo album and Pipe Dream recording have just made my week. I have to say the Encores recording of Pipe Dream is gorgeous.
Your ultimate favourite songs from musicals?  Aug 6 2012, 05:35:31 PM
"Everything's Coming up Roses" - Gypsy
"As Long as he Needs Me"- Oliver
"Anything Can Happen"- Mary Poppins
"What Do You Do" - Death Takes A Holiday
"Go Back Home" - The Scottsboro Boys
"Jet Set" - Catch Me If You Can
"Death Is Just Around The Corner" - The Addams Family
"Nobody" - Betty Blue Eyes
"It's Today" - Mame
"Keepin Out of Mischieve Now" - Ain't Misbehavin
"If This Isn't Love" - Finnian's Rainbow
"The Best Of Times" - La Cage Aux Folles
"I

Bonnie & Clyde CD - Digital or no?  Apr 20 2012, 07:27:36 PM
How 'bout a dance?...Laura Osnes....yum.

Bonnie & Clyde CD - Digital or no?  Apr 20 2012, 07:23:25 PM
On itunes you can't find it until you search with "How 'bout a dance"..and the cast album appears...so glad to get this in the UK. Off to listen.
Best opening number  Apr 11 2012, 08:29:04 PM
Once you get past the credits...this is the best opening number around!
http://youtu.be/3AYdJ87Pv9Y

Bebe Neuwirth in Spider Woman  Apr 10 2012, 07:29:29 PM
Saw both Chita and Bebe in London...I'm afraid to say that it wasn't Bebe's finest hour. I remember the long wig that got in the way..she looked very uncomfortable in the role. That said it was something special with both Spider Women and I'm very sad that the UK audiences didn't buy tickets and missed out on a great piece of theatre.

Why do we have so many London 'stars' opening on Broadway?  Feb 26 2012, 07:30:02 PM
Spare a thought for poor LORETTA ABLES SAYRE who did two and half years as Bloody Mary with South Pacific on Braodway. She is halfway through a substandard, crappy cast,piss poor tour of Lincoln Center's South Pacific here in the UK. She is a star turn but I'm sure it ticks boxes for Equity on both sides of the water. A bit like Bonnie Langford doing Chicago in the middle of nowhere USA.
Legally Blonde London  Dec 12 2011, 06:31:14 PM
It was even more horrid on tour in the UK...sets cut down to masking flats and a few flown pieces.

Harlem Boy doing good  Dec 12 2011, 06:05:01 PM
Thanks for sending this amazing voice to us on tour in the UK. He was stunning.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGH34KW2v4I

Rumor about next Reno Sweeney  Oct 15 2011, 08:22:53 PM
Its great to see this Tari support..I will never forget going into the theatre and hearing the audience bitchin as Sutton was off.

Rumor about next Reno Sweeney  Oct 15 2011, 04:37:39 PM
Just give it to Tari Kelly..she was pretty sensational the night I saw her as Reno. She's already part of the family and the production is so tight it doesn't need a star name. Cole Porter will always be the headliner.
September Visit  Sep 23 2011, 06:33:39 PM
Did a weekend visit from the UK. 8th to 12th September. Mary Poppins, Book of Mormon, Anything Goes, Follies and Lion King..all a family choice..I have to say my 76 year old mother's favourite was Book of Mormon!I won't waste your time on here with reviews as you've all heard it before. So I'll stick with Anything Goes..we arrived at the theatre and were hit with a wall of very disgruntled audience memebers as Sutton Foster was off. The mainly ancient audience were not happy that the star was no
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You