News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for truffleshuffle

truffleshuffle Profile Photo
Member Name: truffleshuffle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Into The Woods
 Sep 3 2005, 09:01:38 AM
Is anyone planning to see Into The Woods at the Fulton Opera House, in Lancaster, PA? Apparently, from what I've heard, it's the first professional regional production in the area. I've heard they are doing some amazing things technially, and that their cast is amazing? What do you all think?
re: AMDA - song choice
 Feb 28 2005, 08:36:59 AM
FSU,
Song choice for AMDA should be something your completely comfortable with, is within your range, and best shows off what you can do with a tune. They don't want to just hear you sing, they want to see you act the song. They want to see you find those moments in the piece, and make them your own. Make a connection to the tune, whatever it may be. So choose something your comfortable with, perhaps something you've done a lot in the past, something you know cold, and are really able to d

I need new audition songs!
 Feb 9 2005, 09:20:00 AM
I'm a character actor with a low D to high A range. I'm looking for some strong, up-tempo, 16 bar cuts. Need something with a good arc, and clear acting choices. Any ideas? Thanks!
Looking for Songs!!
 Feb 2 2005, 11:34:14 AM
I'm expanding my current audition book, and I'm looking for new songs, so I thought I might ask for some suggestions here. I'm a 30 year old character actor. Nathan Lane/Ernie Sabella/Kevin Chamberlain/Kevin James type...(you get the idea). I have a low C to a high A. I'm looking for songs that can show my range, and comic sensibility. I could also use some new ballads, but most importantly, an up-tempo comic song (full song or 16 bar suggestion)that catches you right away. To help, I'm currentl
re: Sacramento Music Circus 2005 season TBA February 1st!
 Feb 2 2005, 11:23:43 AM
Beaverhausen,
I interned there a long time ago too! What year did you intern? Maybe we know each other. Sweet.

re: A Lyrical Conversation: Jason Robert Brown
 Jan 20 2005, 10:13:28 PM
Some people can't get success with their art
Some people never feel love in their heart
Some people can't tell the two things apart
But I keep rolling on

re: Does anyone know of a good show -by- show character breakdown reference source?
 Jan 19 2005, 10:32:43 AM
Thanks a million, Switz!! I'll check it out.
Does anyone know of a good show -by- show character breakdown reference source?
 Jan 19 2005, 10:08:30 AM
I'm currently in search of a show-by-show character breakdown reference manual. Be it on the web or otherwise.I've already exhausted the Stanley Green "Show by Show", as well as "Not Since Carrie." I need actual lists of every character in the show, preferably with a brief description. Some form of breakdown that starts with shows from the 1940's on. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your help.
For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
 Dec 22 2004, 11:23:30 PM
This topic is in response to the "what have you written lately" thread. I guess I just felt left out. So how about it? I know there have got to be quite a few performers posting here. Lets have it!! What are you working on now? Or what did you just finish? Or what are you about to do? There. That should cover all the basis. I'll start us off easy. I'm finishing up a run of Seussical, The Musical, as Horton, at the Fulton Opera House, in Lancaster, PA. Peace.
re: This 'Sutton Foster' person
 Dec 22 2004, 01:09:14 PM
I'm slightly confused by this statement. If you don't like Broadway singers who sound "broadway", what do you like? I'm assuming your speaking in regards to a penchant for shows like Rent, Brooklyn, et. al. If that's the case, fine. But your playlist is going to be substantially short. And your robbing yourself of some great music. Until, I'd say, the mid 1980's, you couldn't get any sound other than a "broadway" sound. Don't miss an opportunity to hear great music like Rodgers and Hammerstein,
re: Adam pascal and Toxic Audio??
 Dec 19 2004, 12:40:52 AM
I can see how one might hear that, but once you listen to Captive Audience, and their self titiled CD, the difference becomes much clearer. I'm glad to know though, that I'm not the only Toxic Audio fan out there. If you like Toxic Audio, you'll love The Real Group, or for stateside fun try (the now defunct) Vox One. Peace.
Who is the most under rated/under appreciated composer of all time?
 Dec 15 2004, 05:49:47 PM
It's my first posting, so if this has already been asked, I apologize. But let's have it? What do you think? Just to get things started I'll throw out... Ed Kleban.
re: Whats Your Favorite Chord/Harmony in a Musical???
 Dec 15 2004, 05:42:56 PM
There's a boatload in "City of Angels", showing just how much Jazz influenced Cy Coleman. That score screams from beginning to end with some of the chunkiest chords, and tightest harmonies Broadway had seen up to that point. Ed Kleban also did some amazing stuff with "Under Seperate Cover" from "A Class Act", but Sondheim and Bernstein seemed to somehow be able to interweave so many complex harmonies, and chords, that trying to pick one or two would make my little nerdy brain implode...and that
re: Helllllp! College auditions nearing and STILL no darn monologes!!
 Dec 14 2004, 11:41:10 PM
There are a couple of good monologues in O'Neils "Ah, Wilderness" that might work for you. Or Mamet's "Oleanna" if your brave enough. There are always the standby's like "Vanities" or "Steel Magnolias". Hope that helps.
Hello BroadwayWorld.com
 Dec 14 2004, 11:38:06 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've been following along for a couple of weeks, and thought I'd dive in head first. Peace. TS
re: good, past-paced, comedic song!!
 Dec 14 2004, 11:34:00 PM
Hey, I'm new to the board, but just thought I'd throw in my two cents. How about "When the tall man talks" from Whoop-Up. It's not lightning fast, but it's up-tempo.It's got some good belter notes you can wrap your chords around, and throw down with.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You