News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for orlandopiano

Member Name: orlandopiano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Question about the return of Miss Saigon
 Jan 31 2014, 07:32:51 PM
Thanks for the info. What kinds of cost cutting measures do you expect this version to have compared to the original? Smaller cast size? No helicopter? Smaller orchestra? Part of me feels like this could be a pretty impressive production because it's at the Prince Edward and the ticket prices start at $70 and go up to $240 which makes it one of the most expensive tickets in the West End. Well I hope that's an indication anyway.

Interesting about the new song, I didn't know that.

Question about the return of Miss Saigon
 Jan 30 2014, 11:29:41 PM
I will be in London in early June which coincides with the anticipated return of Miss Saigon to the West End. Does anyone know if this is the original version of the show, or is it the watered down one that came later? Thanks in advance to anyone who might know!
A future star...
 Sep 22 2010, 10:43:11 PM
I think if it were a singing-only performance, I would agree with that. But singing to her own piano playing offers more visual appeal, esp. since she is so young. I would like her to be able to do it without the sheet music. It would make the performance even more enjoyable to watch.

Right now she is working on I'm Not That Girl. It's quite a bit easier, both vocally and pianistically and I'll try to get her to perform it without the music. If we record it, I'll link it.

A future star...
 Sep 21 2010, 08:00:07 PM
tazber, I agree with your first comment. She prefers to play with the sheet music in front of her even though she is capable of playing without it, and it does take a little away from the visual appeal of the performance because she does look very "busy" between the note reading and the singing. I'll continue to work with her on that.

A future star...
 Sep 21 2010, 12:20:27 AM
willep, I had not seen that video, but am now aware of what everyone is talking about. Thanks for the heads up. I edited the subject title so that it doesn't sound like that.
A future star...
 Sep 20 2010, 10:25:57 PM
Thanks for the comment. She tries really hard and she wants to be great. As for the mic, I use it whenever I record a student singing while playing so you can hear the voice. I get much better sound quality that way.
A future star...
 Sep 20 2010, 11:09:17 AM
Also here's a little boy doing Electricity from Billy Elliot.
"On My Own" performed by a young singer/pianist
 Sep 20 2010, 09:48:08 AM
Hi everyone

I wanted to share with you one of my students. She really loves singing and playing Broadway. I hope you like the video. Thanks in advance for watching.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You