News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peapod41

Member Name: peapod41
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Before And After
 Dec 1 2015, 04:37:42 PM

A Little Night Music once upon a mattress. Wicked Annie Hamilton.

My Fair Lady Oliver

Ideas for holiday themed musicals on Broadway
 Nov 20 2015, 12:24:42 PM

I was going to say "It's a Wonderful Life"too. 

Best wheelchair-accessible shows/theaters
 Nov 18 2015, 04:22:25 PM

I am glad to see this thread because I plan to visit New York someday and see a show or two and I need to figure out what is most accessible. Thanks to everyone who posted.??

BROADWAY THINGS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Nov 16 2015, 03:02:56 PM

I think Gwen Verdon was a great dancer but her speaking voice gets on my nerves. 

I don't understand the point of  Wicked or why it is so popular.

Chita Rivera is my favorite performer. Her talent is unsurpassed.

Ethel Merman belted and screeched out her songs. I don't call what she did singing.

Oh, Jesus. They're making a Tennessee Williams biopic.
 Nov 13 2015, 02:29:27 PM

LOL

Oh, Jesus. They're making a Tennessee Williams biopic.
 Nov 13 2015, 12:58:13 PM

I would have liked Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Oh, Jesus. Barbra Streisand won't Destroy GYPSY
 Nov 12 2015, 03:34:27 PM

I could almost stomach Steisand as Rose ( almost) but what idiot thinks John Travolta would make a good Herbie?  Was somebody high when they got that bright idea???

Quiz: Which Hamilton character are you?
 Nov 12 2015, 02:27:58 PM

I got King George. Does that mean I can order people on this board to do my bidding? Lol

Ear Pieces for lines
 Nov 9 2015, 12:17:15 AM

Reading this makes me wonder if Bruce Willis also has trouble memorizing lines for a movie. Or is he just freaking out about acting In front of an audience for two hours?

Fan mail
 Nov 4 2015, 05:05:56 PM

I read the thread about getting stuff back and found it interesting that some seem to send a picture or Playbill pretty consistently but others are known for not responding at all. I would like to think that I would respond if I was an actor. But I'm not holding my breath. People are busy.

Fan mail
 Nov 4 2015, 10:57:05 AM

No, I won't know unless she doesn't send a reply. That would be a big clue. Phyllis were you being a smarty pants? It's hard to tell on the Internet but I think you were making fun of me a little. Luckily I can handle it.??

Fan mail
 Nov 3 2015, 11:30:38 PM

I'm a newbie here and a just mailed a letter to a certain actress. Has anyone sent fan mail then worried that the person will think it's the dumbest thing they've ever read?

Ad libbing
 Jan 12 2011, 11:58:22 AM
I guess I hope that if Elaine Stritch accepts a role in another play,that she at least considers using an earpiece. I would think it would make it easier for her and the audience wouldn't have to wonder if she was going to have a good night or a bad one.
Given her personality,I'm not holding my breath though.

Where are the Final Bow photos of ALNM?
 Jan 12 2011, 11:53:31 AM
Thanks for the photos. I'm disappointed too that there wasn't more coverage of the close.
Ad libbing
 Jan 8 2011, 12:40:43 PM
Hmm,interesting song choice. I would have thought that song was better suited to Elaine's voice. "wink wink nudge nudge"
Ad libbing
 Jan 6 2011, 12:19:16 PM
I read in Michael Riedel's column last week that on a recent night,
Elaine Stritch couldn't think of the word mansion. She finally said" Desiree,when you come to visit,you always confuse me!". My question for anyone who saw this is did Bernadette stick to the script or did she ad lib too?

Stritch - Monday Dec 6
 Dec 3 2010, 11:49:20 AM
I'd really like it if someone would post this on Youtube since I won't have access to it.
ALNM cast having problems with Elaine Stritch?
 Dec 1 2010, 12:22:06 PM
Just one more thought about her. I wonder if she's too stubborn to admit that she needed the earpiece. Like when older people have to give up driving,they hate to admit it.
Also,she must be nice and professional when she works on 30 Rock,or I can't imagine they would have her back as often as they do.She is really good on that show.

ALNM cast having problems with Elaine Stritch?
 Nov 30 2010, 11:33:28 AM
I can only go by what I have seen when Ms.Stritch is interviewed or when I have read articles about her. She strikes me as someone who has always spoken her mind and doesn't hold back. I like that about her,because I tend to be that way too. I also think all of us have bad days at work when we're in a mood.
I would take the Wikileaks story with a giant grain of salt. That sounds exaggerated.
Finally,I agree with the people who said that when all of us are 85,we ahould hope that we are

One more question-ALNM
 Oct 15 2010, 10:05:21 PM

I won't get to see this unless they record it for DVD later. What are the chances they might do this?
I feel cheated because I can only get bits and pieces from this site or Youtube and it looks really good.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You