News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dare2DefyGravity

Member Name: Dare2DefyGravity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sweet Charity Appreciation thread
 Jul 16 2006, 07:40:05 PM
I LOVED THE REVIVAL!
re: Next Disney Musical
 Jul 1 2006, 10:21:21 PM
They might have trouble doing Hercules... with all the titans and large scaled creatures that were in the movie... but it's Disney... so who knows.

And Sara Ramirez for Ursula in the Little Mermaind...

re: Tarzan Cast Recording....
 Jun 28 2006, 12:25:39 AM
For me... it's like the Wedding Singer... and unattractive show to the eye... but after you listen to the recording, you can't press the stop button. Plus I really enjoy Merle Dandridge, and Strickland doesn't bother me one bit, vocally a captivating performance... I only am questioning Shuler Hensley, his songs were so.."so what" sounding.
re: Help me love Patti Lupone!
 Jun 28 2006, 12:18:30 AM
I suggest you listen to her amazing version of Cole Porter's "Anything Goes"... a song I hated... but Patti LuPone put it at the number one spot on my most played list on Itunes...
re: A Tale of Two Cities Casting
 Jun 28 2006, 12:08:57 AM
Natilie Torro will be an amazing Madame Defarge. On the Concept CD... she is phenominal. Awe-insprining on "Out of Sight, Out of Mind"
Musical Numbers in "The Woman in White"
 Feb 12 2005, 10:30:16 PM
I was just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what songs off the recording are worth giving a listen. Like maybe show-stopping numbers, ear pleasers, vocally powerful stuff. Just any type of thing... Thanks!
re: Show of the Decade
 Feb 10 2005, 10:10:13 PM
1940s: Oklahoma!

1950s: West Side Story

1960s: Cabaret

1970s: A Chorus Line
Chicago
Sweeney Todd

1980s: Evita
The Phantom of the Opera
Cats (not my personal choice, but it did open doors)
Les Miserables

1990s: Rent
The Lion King

2000s: Mamma Mia!
Wicked

ONE SHOW: Rent

re: 'Forbidden Broadway SVU' CD - ITS OFFICIAL!!!
 Feb 10 2005, 09:51:39 PM
Can't wait for this to be released...

I still can't get over "Ouch, They're Tight" and "This Ain't Boheme" from the Rent segmant and "The Lion King" segmant from past shows. It's sheer brilliance.

re: Madonna in 'Evita'
 Feb 3 2005, 09:38:01 PM
*EDIT* sorry, but all I saw was a bunch of stuff about the MTV Awards and her summer tour when I searched... guess I need to learn how to use a search function
Madonna in "Evita"
 Feb 3 2005, 09:24:15 PM
I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on her performance judging from the movie. I recently have seen it, and found her to be incredible... even the voice. What I think is really weird is how it actually has power and vocal credibility where as in her mainstream music she doesn't show it off that much. It was probably one of the best musical performances in a movie that I have ever watched. I was expecting something mediocre, but man was I wrong. I gained all my respect back for her in this o
re: Lea Salonga as Elphaba?
 Feb 3 2005, 09:18:51 PM
I personally think she'd be fine for the role... more of a traditional approach to it. Even though she may not have the belt, she has an incredible tone.. and a classical take on the role may be very refreshing. May not be an Idina or Shoshana type of performance, but it would indeed be something to see and more than likely very pleasant to the ear.
re: If there was a Broadway museum...
 Feb 3 2005, 09:09:35 PM
I can't believe no one has said anything involving the Lion King... or 42nd Street... or the original Broadway La Cage Aux Folles...
re: PHANTOM FILM to 'likely to go down in history as one of the greatest ci
 Jan 9 2005, 12:22:13 PM
I don't think that the film will flop. It's in the Top 10 with only 622 locations, and the soundtrack is at number one on the Billboard chart for Soundtracks or some other list. It was reported before. Plus there is Oscar buzz going around... so who knows.
Idina is officially out...
 Jan 9 2005, 01:45:21 AM
Broadway.com just updated their headline... it doesn't look good. I hope the cast can pull through tomorrow, and let's hope the crowd doesn't go crazy and gives respect to the already distraught cast, a worried and emotional JLT and a probably noticably petrified Shoshana Bean. This is a sad day for theater, and Idina Menzel is still a goddess among musical theater and no matter how much you may dislike her, she deserves some respect.

10/30/03 - 1/8/05 => What a run! Way to go Idina for

Wishing Idina the best of luck
 Jan 9 2005, 12:54:41 AM
I am actually speechless. Idina Menzel is one of the most talented people on Broadway to many people, and watching or reading about her going down is truly one of the worst things to happen for theater. I loved Idina, and she made me love Wicked and actually forever changed my life.

I will be praying for her, with all my heart and soul tonight. I actually have an audition tomorrow at 2 pm, rest assured I'll be giving it my all for the cast of Wicked, Jennifer Laura Thompson, Shoshana B

re: NO Idina Tommorrow
 Jan 9 2005, 12:31:44 AM
Not to be rude, but...

A.) No need for another thread, there is a rather large thread already started underneath this one.

B.) I'm not doubting your connections to Shoshana Bean, bur I'll wait for a comfromation tomorrow or later tonight by a reliable news source.

re: Who Would You Meet?
 Jan 8 2005, 12:06:11 AM

Bernadette Peters
Daphne Rubin Vega
Carole Shelley
Donna Murphy
Carolee Carmello
Idina Menzel
Jennifer Laura Thompson
Sherie Rene Scott
Heather Headley
Linda Eder
Joanna Gleason
Michael Cavanaugh
Nathan Lane
Eden Espinosa
Vanessa Williams
Kristin Chenoweth
Ramona Keller
Laura Benati
Harvey Fierstein

re: Possible new Tony for replacements...
 Jan 8 2005, 12:01:15 AM
From my understanding most shows tape the production in some way, if not then yes it would be impossible.
re: Bad for Broadway...
 Jan 7 2005, 11:58:03 PM
I don't see why people are continuing to say that the review shows are becoming bad for Broadway, Mamma Mia! and Movin Out are huge money makers on Broadway, some of the biggest draws every week. And some that may be coming up, such as All Shook Up, will do alright because of the universal appeal of Elvis Presley...
re: Possible new Tony for replacements...
 Jan 7 2005, 11:45:28 PM
I think that all replacements must be considered in order to make this work, and most of them may end up being better than the original. People are saying how great Harvey & Andrea are in Fiddler, Carolee Carmello has gotten rave reviews as Donna in Mamma Mia! (giving new meaning to a show most people loathed), and I also think that despite the hating on it, Jennifer Laura Thompson does a great job in Wicked.

Some may say it's a slap to the face to the original actor, but aren't really

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You