NO Idina Tommorrow

DynastyGroove
#0NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:27am

I just spoke to Shoshana about three minutes ago. Unfortunately, Saturday's matinee was Idina's last show. She's leaving (or was supposed to be) tuesday to start filming for 'Rent'.
To squash all of the rumors as to what went down:
During the melting scene, there's a trap door, and once the trap door opens, Idina steps onto an elevator platform, a cue is called, and the elevator lowers her beneath the stage. Tonight, the trap opened and she stepped on a platform that hadn't arrived. So she was falling and caught her self with her chest and cracked a rib. Just one rib, no broken collar bone as previously reported.
It remains to be seen wether this was a technical snafu, human error or what, and it's not clear if her she will be able to sue (upon signing of the original contract she may have indemnified the producers and the Gershwin from any harm she may endure during the run of the show-and I'm sure the whole thing will be reported to Equity first thing tommorrow morning). Thus far it looks like she'll be fine, but Saturday night officially marked Shoshana's run as Elphabean, and there will be no later 'closing night' for Idina. I hope this was of some help.

Primajaunerue Profile Photo
Primajaunerue
#1re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:30am

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it would officially be announced until tomorrow or not... tis very sad.
The tech staff at the Gershwin has made their share of mistakes. Every time I go to see the show I notice at least ten major tech mistakes. Very unfortunate. Someone is probably going to lose their job over this.

Do the pineapple dance! Do the pineapple dance!(think Cabaret)

I'll eat some breakfast then change the world.

How Long 'Til DC?

BEKA531
#2re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:31am

wow, that really sucks if that has to be her final performance. it will be a story for her to tell later on, but i'm sure for right now it is putting a damper on the experience as a whole...

belterboi Profile Photo
belterboi
#3re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Thanks for the update.....break a leg to Bean....lovage to Idina re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Dare2DefyGravity
#4re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Not to be rude, but...

A.) No need for another thread, there is a rather large thread already started underneath this one.

B.) I'm not doubting your connections to Shoshana Bean, bur I'll wait for a comfromation tomorrow or later tonight by a reliable news source.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#5re: NO Idina Tommorrow

I'm not saying you're lying, but I won't believe anything until I hear it officially.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#6re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:32am

Wow...this is really disappointing. To all of the people that had tickets to see her last show...I know how truly disappointing this must be and I give you my DEEPEST apology. Seriously, I Understand because I am flying from Kentucky next weekend to NYC and the reason I was doing it to meet Tamyra Gray in Bombay Dreams and for that reason ONLY...so I totally understand and am SO sorry.

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#7re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:33am

Shoshana just posted this on shoshanabeanonline.com:

Q. Shoshana...are you planning on going on for Idina tomorrow? If so...do you feel extra pressure in front of all the people that came from all over the US to see her last show? I think that you will win even more fans over if you go on...so good luck and tell Dee we hope she gets well soon.
A. yes i'll be on tomorrow - no pressure - i just feel guilty. but the audience was so amazing tonight - so if tomorrow is anything like that - i'll be blessed. but i don't blame them - hell, I'M dissappointed too!
asked: Jan 08 05 @ 8:44 pm answered: Jan 09 05 @ 12:29 am

FosseBoi
#8re: NO Idina Tommorrow

NOOOO!!!! This is SOOOO WRONG!!!!! Im sorry Idina!! I hope she can/does sue! Im sorry to everyone that is going tomorrow for Idina!re: NO Idina Tommorrow

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#9re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Idina! We will miss you!! What a truly HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE way to leave a show. Im dissapointed I wont see her but Shoshana, here I come re: NO Idina Tommorrow

My prayers are with Idina.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#10re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:34am

I'm confused. Is Bronx "holding it in" because he's sad or happy?? (I've given up staying up to date on the other thread.)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#11re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:34am

belterboi COULDN't have put it better. Im sorry idina...GOOD LUCK SHO!! I LOVE YOU!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

BEKA531
#12re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:35am

guys, you must remember, it's joey's last night tomorrow as well as idina's. she's not the only performer in the show.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#13re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:37am

The whole irony is just overwhelming.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#14re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Yes, but Joey didn't fall through a trap door :-/. Not saying he's not less important than Idina, but the reason that everyone's getting so worked up over this is because the only reason she's leaving early now is ebcause of a freak accident.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#15re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Was trying to find Shoshana's statment on her site and I couldn't....help?!

MargoChanning
#16re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:40am

Ummmmmmmm ......

Shuq?

You do know that Bombay Dreams closed last weekend, right?

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#17re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:40am

Nooooooooooo. re: NO Idina Tommorrow re: NO Idina Tommorrow re: NO Idina Tommorrow Poor Idina. I can't even imagine how awful this is for her. I wish Shoshana the best.

DynastyGroove
#18re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:41am

The statement isn't on her site, it's at her fan site SBO (Shoshana Bean online)- Under the section 'Question Fo' Sho'/

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#19re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:42am

Seriously, I Understand because I am flying from Kentucky next weekend to NYC and the reason I was doing it to meet Tamyra Gray in Bombay Dreams and for that reason ONLY...so I totally understand and am SO sorry.

You do know that Bombay Dreams closed last weekend, right?

Oh God! While we're on the case of irony! That should not have made me laugh so hard. Well, schadenfraude.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#20re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:42am

"I'm sure the whole thing will be reported to Equity first thing tommorrow morning"

Please.....they probably knew about it 5 mins after it happened.. re: NO Idina Tommorrow

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#21re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:45am

Did anyone notice how Playbill.com just updating their website?

"I'm Not That Girl": Idina Menzel Ends Wicked Run Jan. 9

Idina Menzel will cover herself in emerald green make-up one final time Jan. 9 when she ends her Tony Award-winning run as the misunderstood Elphaba in the hit Stephen Schwartz musical at the Gershwin Theatre.

IS ANYBODY WORKING THERE? SERIOUSLY!

Wishing Idina a speedy recovery and Shoshanna to break a leg. Or something.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#22re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:48am

everything taboo,

It's 1am on a Sunday - my bet is that article was just on a timer to post at midnight, and that no one is in the office.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

FindingNamo
#23re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:49am

I'm confused. Is this one of those "Wicked" bloopers that people have been bragging about seeing/wishing they saw for the last two years? Does it qualify as amazing?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#24re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:49am

You'd think playbill would be right on it.

Videos