News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sondheimman132

Sondheimman132 Profile Photo
Member Name: Sondheimman132
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Carrie
 Dec 26 2004, 10:34:32 PM
I've been dying to see Carrie for quite some time, (big fan of the novel) and i'm wondering if any kind of recording of the songs were available? And what made it so terrible?
re: Sondheim or Webber?
 Dec 25 2004, 03:52:00 PM
Sondhiem is unquestionable the greatest lyricist of all time, and his music is incredibly sophisticated, in every aspect, and whoever it was that said he writes some stuff that is stupid, i am afraid you are DEEPLY mistaken. Sondheim would never take on a project that he thought was inadequite for him, and he has turned down many things. Everything that he writes is a success.
As for ALW, he is indeed a talented composer, but doesn't stand a chance against Sondheim. When I think ALW, i thin

re: I love the show but...
 Dec 25 2004, 03:44:04 PM
LOVE "Sunday in the Park With George," but HATE the lyric:
"I love your painting!
I think I'm fainting!"
(Just the fainting part).
It's too much of a rhyme, but hey, it's Sondheim so he obviously had a purpose for his actions.

re: For the Wicked Fans...
 Dec 21 2004, 06:54:42 AM
I assure you that I am NOT joking. I read an article about how she is taking over when Idina leaves. I know, it is very upsetting. I hate bringing starts to broadway to just attract attention.
For the Wicked Fans...
 Dec 20 2004, 10:38:34 PM
Are you still going to love it as much when Christina Agulera takes over for Elphaba?
re: Favorite Show You Haven't Seen
 Dec 20 2004, 10:25:50 PM
Withoutatrace,
Side Show was a fantastic show. A friend of mine (Ken Jennings) Played The Boss in the OBC of Side Show, and told me how much of an amazing experience it was. If you hear about it regionally, SEE IT!!!

re: After Seeing Wicked, Could You Watch The Wizard Of Oz The Same?
 Dec 20 2004, 10:22:17 PM
Have to say, not a huge Wicked or Wizard of Oz fan. I'm for The Wiz 100%, but then again, I am not a Stephen Schwartz fan AT ALL.I think that the whole hooplah about Wicked will die out soon enough because you do eventually get sick of hearing the damn notes of "Defying Gravity". I cringe to think about it...
re: Favorite Show You Haven't Seen
 Dec 20 2004, 10:19:46 PM
Definately A Little Night Music or Anyone Can Whistle
re: Songs that Gave You Chills
 Dec 20 2004, 10:16:52 PM
Time Heals Everything - Mack and Mabel
I Will Never Leave You- Side Show
What is it About Her?- The Wild Party (Lippa, of course)
We Do Not Belong Together- Sunday in the Park With George
Children and Art - " " " " " " " "
I Wish I May- Witches of Eastwick
Bill- Showboat
Your Daddy's Son-Ragtime

And many, many, MANY, more

New Season...Same Stuff...
 Dec 20 2004, 09:39:34 PM
Revivals is what we are looking at as future for broadway. Yes of course there are new shows, but revivals are the new way for a show to (hopefully) be a sucess. My question is, will they be any good?
-The Wiz
-Pajama Game
-Pacific Overtures (It was great)
-La Cage Aux Folles (Also great)

Any more that you know of?

re: Variety Article: Critics Hate Sondheim
 Dec 20 2004, 09:35:57 PM
Sondheim is a musical genius. His indesputably complicated rhythmic patterns are unlike that of any other composer, and his music is some of the most inspirational that has ever been around- for all composers, new and old.
Reviewers against Sondheim are obviously not intelligent enough to appreciate the dedication and hard work he puts into each and every measure of his music.
I saw the new production of Bounce last year, and although I do not believe that I read a single positiv

Which Wild Party?
 Dec 20 2004, 05:38:55 PM
Lippa or Lacusia? I say Lippa.
re: Best Show of The 90's
 Dec 20 2004, 05:15:16 PM
Adding a section:
Off-Broadway:
The two best off-bway shows of the 90's are:
HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH
and
ZOMBIE PROM

ZOMBIE PROM is way underapprieciated, but it is pure fun when watching and listening to. C'mon everybody, you know it's awesome.

What's Happening to GOOD Theater?
 Dec 20 2004, 05:01:11 PM
Where is really GOOD THEATER GOING?
with all the Jukebox Musicals (MAMA MIA, ALL SHOOK UP, MOVING OUT, etc.) Where have the good shows gone?
The new shows that come out are, unfortunately, not so great. Dracula....not so great.
The Frogs...as much as i love Sondheim, not so great.
Brooklyn...not so great.
Also, revivals are the other thing keeping the theater alive. With shows like LA CAGE AUX FOLLES and PACIFIC OVERTURES, at least there is a fraction of good shows on broadw

re: Best Show of The 90's
 Dec 20 2004, 04:55:28 PM
Best musicals:
PASSION
SIDE SHOW
RAGTIME
CITY OF ANGELS

PLAYS:
ANGELS IN AMERICA

REVIVALS:
FOLLIES
COMPANY
CHICAGO

PUTTING IT TOGETHER also gets an honorable mention because it was just awesome how Sondheim put his songs together to make a review with a plot. What can I say? The man's a genius.

re: Jerry, Jerry... and Wildhorn thoughts...
 Dec 20 2004, 04:49:35 PM
I don't know Civil War, is it any good?
Also, Scarlet Pimpernel would have been so much better if there was a good book.

Jerry, Jerry... and Wildhorn thoughts...
 Dec 20 2004, 04:47:06 PM
Jerry Springer the Opera: Started in London 2003, has plans to move its way to Broadway in either Fall of 2005 or Spring of 2006. Anyone like the show? I think it's awesome.

ALSO

Just saw Dracula last week and I must say, it was Fantastically awful. The sets were pretty damn good, and the acting (minus Melissa Errico) was very well done. The score was less then exciting, with one climactic song "Life After Life", but sadly the actors just stood still singing it. What do you th

On Sondheim....
 Dec 20 2004, 04:33:37 PM
I recently heard the news that Sondheim might be working on a new musical; Supposedly adapted from the movie "Groundhogs Day". If anyone has heard any news, what have you heard?

Also, what are your views on his new show "Bounce"?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You