News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicSnob22

Member Name: MusicSnob22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jan 2 2009, 11:05:12 PM
I think Eden Espinosa will ruin Hair with her American Idol-style riffing that she insists on using when she sings.
re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Aug 3 2007, 01:18:14 AM
I don't think it's possible to top the story about the dead cat or being thrown up on, but here is my anecdote...

Back in the summer of 2000, I was in London seeing Starlight Express (thankfully, that was not the reason for being in London). The show was so ridiculously awful that literally the only thing I remember is the people behind us having a full-fledged conversation out loud during the second act and that no one cared. It was more entertaining to listen to ANYTHING besides wha

omg!! run and tell that you're white!!!
 Jun 13 2007, 12:56:28 AM
That sounds an amazing afternoon, Boq101...can you please let me know next time something like that is going on in the city?
omg!! run and tell that you're white!!!
 Jun 13 2007, 12:44:23 AM
This looks like one of those musical theater programs in colleges that are all about the dance and don't really care or teach the vocal part of it. It makes me sad if these are the best soloists they could get for a great song (that they butchered).
re: Ana Gasteyer in Wicked???
 Apr 3 2005, 10:42:31 AM
"But isn't she a little - pardon me for saying it - old for the part? I'm assuming she's somewhere near forty. Can she convince as college girl Elpheba?"

I really don't think that they (the casting agents) care about age with respect to the story of Wicked. If they did, they probably would have cast someone as Fiyero who didn't look old enough to play one of the professors. But they did, and Norbert did an amazing job even though I thought he looked out of place compared to the rest o

The Light in the Piazza Review 3/29
 Mar 30 2005, 01:20:15 AM
I just got back from seeing The Light in the Piazza and let me just say "Wow!" After sitting through an entire season of frivolous American Idol musicals or shows that are just compilations of other artists work, this was EXACTLY what I wanted to see.

The sets and lights were so beautifully done. I love when you can go to theater and know that it's a whole machine at work, but if it all flows well, it looks effortless ~ and that's exactly what happened this evening. The costumes we

re: Myths & Hymns...?
 Feb 22 2005, 11:17:04 PM
I actually had the opportunity to do this show last year, singing in Pegasus and a few others. I must say that this show was one of the most musically fulfilling opportunites I've ever had to perform.

I would recommend that anyone interested in modern musical theatre should have this in their collection. Just for moments like Hero and Leander and the text of Migratory V.

Have a great day ~ and go buy this cd!

re: heather headley
 Feb 8 2005, 12:25:55 PM
A new album, you say? Do you know anything about it? Is this gonna be another R&B album that doesn't show off her amazing vocal talents at all?

After seeing her in Aida, I was so excited that she was putting out a solo album because she's got a very impressive gift ~ and then we got This is Who I Am. I was rather disappointed, and I know some of her other fans were too.

But, if this is what makes her happy, then I hope she finds her happiness.

Have a good day! <

re: Vibratto - I'm desperate
 Jan 31 2005, 12:55:41 AM
Derech2 ~ Maybe I'm just being true to my screenname, but do not take anyones advice on the board other than to go see a professional voice teacher. None of us know your voice and things are different for each of us, which is why a trained professional can help you.

Unless you know of a great teacher or two, call your local college and ask to be connected with the music department...they should be able to give you some names of people that might be able to help for a reasonable price

re: Worst show you've seen
 Jan 20 2005, 12:47:00 AM
pair-o-dice ~ absolutely hilarious! I thought that my group of friends and I were the only people to see By Jeeves. At the end I was like "What in the name of God is going on here, and why is everyone wearing costumes from The Wizard of Oz?" Totally terrible...though it is ALW, so what could we expect!

My choices, as I've listed on here before, are Brooklyn and Bombay Dreams. Both are tied, in my opinion, for the worst show ever put on a stage.

As for productions that were

re: what does coloratura mean
 Jan 10 2005, 02:17:18 AM
Taken from the Grove Music Dictionary:

"The term is widely used to denote passages of florid vocal music, operatic roles of which such passages are a prominent part and singers who specialize in them. Most frequently coloratura singers are those with high, light voices since these are the most readily flexible type."

I'm assuming since you are asking, you are familiar with Kristin's music...so put on her cd and listen to The Girl in 14G. When she is singing about the opera si

re: Worst shows you've seen
 Dec 22 2004, 11:43:49 PM
Having just returned from sitting through Bombay Dreams, I'm suprised that no one else has mentioned it. The only thing that it had going for it were the costumes ~ and the singing, when it could be understood, was mediocre at best. I was glad I didn't pay full price.

I would even go so far to say that Bombay Dreams made me think that maybe...just maybe Brooklyn wasn't the worst musical I've ever seen on Broadway.

Happy Holidays everyone!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You