Brandon Profile Photo
Brandon
#0Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:13pm

bklyn
rent
good vibrations
wonderful town

Is it written in the stars are we paying for some crime is that all that we are good for just a strand of mortal time-AIDA THE MUSICAL
Updated On: 1/18/05 at 06:13 PM

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:13pm

Prymate- Play
Jackie Mason's Musical- Musical

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#2re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:14pm

Since this comes up so often, and Corine mentions it each time, the Jackie Mason musical was named Laughing Room Only.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#3re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:15pm

in 1989 welcome to the club

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#4re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:18pm

don't kill me but Our Town.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#5re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:18pm

Wicked

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#6re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:19pm

Copenhagen - Left @ intermission

Poster Emeritus

sharon1
#7re: Worst show you've seen

I can second that sentiment. In the lastyear it has to be Boy From Oz Good people trapped in a disasterous show

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#8re: Worst show you've seen

Anything Goes...but then again...I saw a VERY crappy version.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Jwaa
#9re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:20pm

125th Street

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#10re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:20pm

Kill you? Seeing Our Town on anyone's worst list makes me want to kill myself.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#11re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:22pm

magruder I'm so sorry! Don't kill yourself! Maybe i have just seen so many versions that i am just sick of it!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#12re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:25pm

Macgruder-
Laughing Room Only was so bad, I blanked out on the title.

JakeB
#13re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:26pm

We Will Rock You in London and Oh What a Night on tour.

FindingNamo
#14re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:26pm

Fame: The So-Called Musical

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#15re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:27pm

LOL Corine...I had heard of it coming to Broadway for a while...but I never heard it officially opened nor did I hear of it's reviews. That musta been pretty bad.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 1/18/05 at 06:27 PM

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#16re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:28pm

Fame was pretty bad, but the cast were terrific.
Namo, did you see Laughing Room Only? (Thanks Macgruder)
FOA-
I loved old shows of Jackie Mason. But his musical, was so wretched and offensive I wanted to hide. He was so bigoted,
it made me want to purge. Purge on him!
OY.
Updated On: 1/18/05 at 06:28 PM

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#17re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:28pm

I loathed Anyone Can Whistle and The Immigrant.

MargoChanning
#18re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:30pm

Naming "Our Town" just means that Zippyjen has never had to suffer through a few dozen travesties I can think of off the top of my head. Even the absolute worst and most utterly incompetent production of "Our Town" is better by leaps and bounds than Ivo van Hove's "Alice In Bed" at NYTW a few years ago which after about 30 mintues of it, made me seriously contemplate doing an Oedipus and plucking out my own eyes right there in the 5th row, rather than sitting there and having to look at one more minute of it.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#19re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:32pm

CORINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#20re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:33pm

yeah i guess i am lucky if i can't think of anything worse than our town!

MargoChanning
#21re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:35pm

Bless you, dear. You've lived a very charmed life -- may it continue re: Worst show you've seen

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#22re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:35pm

No Foa,
It gets better. I saw Jackie Mason's wretched "Laughing Room Only" on Thanksgiving. I had dinner with my best friend in the whole world and then left to see this show.
I left my friend to see this train wreck. I was pissed. Updated On: 1/18/05 at 06:35 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#23re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:36pm

What on earth was it about? It looked like a review of some sorts. That's so sad cuz I've seen him do stand up live and he's hysterical.

Updated On: 1/18/05 at 06:36 PM

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#24re: Worst show you've seen
Posted: 1/18/05 at 6:39pm

bklyn...sorry...incredible talent but rough show

Latest Posts