News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChicagoBwayFan

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
Member Name: ChicagoBwayFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
 Mar 16 2005, 07:15:43 AM
Chicago Tribune, March 16th

Michael Phillips
Published March 16, 2005

Christina Applegate, the "Sweet Charity" headliner who broke her foot in Friday's performance at the Cadillac Palace Theatre, has been sidelined indefinitely from the Broadway-bound project, it was confirmed Tuesday.

It appears likely that Applegate won't return to the show, if at all, until later this year. Tony Award nominee Charlotte d'Amboise is in Boston rehearsals this week for the thi

re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
 Feb 13 2005, 04:27:51 PM
Yes, she did. Not sure what her reason was, other than the fact that it's a beautiful song - like Vienna, and nobody can sing it like she can.
re: Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
 Feb 13 2005, 03:06:21 PM
Linda sang "Someone Like You" in Chicago last evening.
Linda Eder in Chicago tonight
 Feb 13 2005, 12:30:15 AM
Just returned from seeing Linda Eder perform in Chicago this evening with the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra. Each time I see her in concert, I don't think she can possibly get any better but she always does.

Noticed for the first time tonight that her voice sometimes resembles Judy Garland's voice. Linda even mentioned Judy Garland as being one of the most influential people in her life, and then sang one of Judy's songs (wish she would have sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow!).

Vi

re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
 Feb 1 2005, 07:12:03 PM
Mamma Mia on Christmas Day last year in Chicago.
re: Linda Eder and Frank Wildhorn
 Jan 31 2005, 09:34:31 PM
Wondering what will happen next, etc. etc. is not gossip. Just good old chatting. I don't think any authoritative people would quote any of us in a daily rag, so take a load off and relax PB.
 Jan 30 2005, 11:07:44 PM
LOL @ PB ENT preaching to us about gossip, and then giving us the gossip on where/what each one is doing!
 Jan 30 2005, 11:06:16 PM
The city of Chicago! In February - and I have a ticket for the second row!
 Jan 30 2005, 06:25:48 PM
Of course I don't think she will exclude Vienna from her concerts - it's her theme song whether for a normal or Christmas concert.

It's just that for her personally, it has to be an even more emotional song for her to perform now since it was written as a result of them falling in love.

Jan 30 2005, 05:59:14 PM
Vienna has always been one of Linda's most emotional numbers during her concerts - I wonder how she will approach the song now that they are separated?
Carolee Carmello
 Jan 30 2005, 02:35:04 PM
I didn't think Sophie could get much worse than the one who attempted to play her role in Mamma Mia's recent run in Chicago.
 Jan 30 2005, 02:32:16 PM
Wow, this is shocking news. She always spoke so fondly of him during her concerts.

I wonder who she will begin dating? She seems to have a very close relationship with her band / orchestra director.

If he left her, she deserves better ... good luck to her!

p.s. Can't wait to see her in Chicago in February!

re: if you could stage your own broadway show
 Jan 30 2005, 11:27:02 AM
I'm going to add to my storyline above.

I'd have it start out with a young guy on the wrong side of Detroit finding falling in love with a girl from the right side of Detroit.

The guy wants to be a big star and conquer the world, so I'd show him going through various phases of finding success as a singer / actor (Journey's Circus Life and Bob Seger's Hollywood Nights, etc. etc.), including losing the love of his life early on as the result of all his dreams that he wants to f

re: if you could stage your own broadway show
 Jan 30 2005, 11:00:15 AM
I would do a musical with the story based on a young couple from different sides of the track finding love in gritty Detroit in the 1970's ... and the music would be from Bob Seger and Journey.
re: Worst show you've seen
 Jan 18 2005, 07:13:36 PM
Movin' Out (LOVED the band, however).
Cabaret ...yawn!

re: All Shook Up - Saturday Matinee
 Jan 16 2005, 06:31:41 PM
And for Movin' Out, take away the band and you have *boring*
re: All Shook Up - Saturday Matinee
 Jan 16 2005, 06:30:53 PM
I think All Shook Up far outshines Mamma Mia - for story, music, and stage scenery. It will definately be around for a long time. (p.s. I never thought I'd admit to enjoying a musical more than Mamma Mia, but I am!)
re: All Shook Up - Chicago Sun-Times Review
 Jan 16 2005, 11:40:44 AM
The Tribune's review makes little sense. Must be why I read the Sun-Times.
All Shook Up - Chicago Sun-Times Review
 Jan 16 2005, 10:22:43 AM
"Recommended"

http://www.suntimes.com/output/weiss/cst-nws-hedy16.html

All Shook Up - Saturday Matinee
 Jan 15 2005, 07:06:57 PM
Just returned from seeing All Shook Up for the second time.

The show was just exceptional today - they made some tweaks to the song lineup and storyline since the first time I saw it, and it's better then ever.

The cast was confident and comfortable with their roles, and the audience couldn't get enough of the show. The audience laughed, applauded, and gave the cast a well-deserved standing ovation.

Blue Suede Shoes is now performed when "Ed" makes his entrance on

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You