News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GobiasIndustries

Member Name: GobiasIndustries
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Almost Famous: Any early reviews from the Left Coast?  Sep 15 2019, 11:28:05 AM

RippedMan said: "No offense to cast but I wouldn't consider any of those men to be "rock singers" so why they'd be cast in this I don't know?"

EXACTLY.  This show would be better served with legitimate rock singers.

Almost Famous: Any early reviews from the Left Coast?  Sep 15 2019, 10:52:45 AM

Saw the first performance on Friday night.  Didn’t really do it for me.  The score wasn’t very strong, and the book was just a copy of the movie.  Drew Gehling was weak, definitely not a good fit for him.  Anika Larsen was a strong point, very good in the role.  Solea Pfeiffer was good, but the material she was given wasn’t that great.  Her big song (“Morocco&rdquo wasn’t spectacular, but maybe it’ll grow on me with further listening.  That brings us to Colin Donnell.  I had one big problem with him in this role.  With his 1970’s hair and mustache he looks exactly (EXACTLY) like Paul Rudd in Achorman.  I kept expecting him to do something goofy, and it kind of took me out of the moment.  (Not necessarily a problem with the show, more a problem with the retardation that is me.)  Other than that, he was perfectly serviceable in the role.  Good, not great.  (Sorry, Patti.)  Overall, it just didn’t feel like it would be received well.  It felt like a bunch of Broadway talent pretending to be rock stars.  Drew singing “Ramble On” by Led Zeppelin was cringe worthy.  Maybe it’s the small venue, or the band pretending to play their instruments on stage, or the fact that it was the first performance... but it wasn’t great.  Kitt’s weakest score, for sure.  Superhero was 10x better.  Listened to the music on my way back to LA the next morning, and it didn’t grow on me at all.

Arden Directing 'Merrily' in LA  Dec 3 2016, 09:38:27 PM

AlfieByrne, I believe you have Donna Vivino and Whitney Bashor mixed up.  Whitney sang a very nice "Not a Day Goes By"; Donna was delivering the train wreck of a performance in the first party scene.  This production felt like community theatre.  Arden should stick to posting childish Tweets about how he wasted six months in Hunchback.  Or maybe he should stick with the whole sign language thing.

Maltby and Shire's Waterfall  Jun 12 2015, 07:38:49 PM

Saw this over the weekend.  It was awful.  I've seen hundreds of shows, and this was the first time I've ever left at Intermission.  No chance this will ever see Broadway.  My turds have more charisma than the guy in this show.  Emily was fine.  Score was forgettable.

Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album  May 20 2015, 01:21:07 AM

It's fun to hear everyone talking about the La Jolla bootleg of Zhivago.  Rumor has it that the same handsome devil that recorded that bootleg also recorded an audio bootleg of the original Page-to-Stage production in La Jolla, a video bootleg of the staged production in La Jolla, and an audio bootleg of the Broadway production.  But these are just rumors.  Certainly wasn't me.

Oh, and there is a studio recording of a few songs.  I have the studio reco

Breaking News: Broadway Stars Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess to Take Over in PHANTOM This May!  Mar 22 2014, 05:19:16 PM
Has anyone heard about Lewis' performance schedule? He's scheduled to perform with the Pasadena Pops in Los Angeles on June 7th. Want to buy tickets to Phantom but want to ensure he'll be in the show.
Into the Woods Movie Cast  May 11 2013, 01:24:03 AM
For what it's worth, Jewel just tweeted about the difficulty of singing "Steps on the Palace." Cinderella?
Phantom 25th BluRay - New Vocals?  Dec 22 2011, 10:54:50 AM
I viewed the BluRay last night and was shocked to see that Ramin has apparently re-recorded the vocals to much of his performance. He sounds much different than in the theater. I have a DVD copy of the original production shown in movie theaters, and his vocal performance is VERY different (and better, in my opinion) than on the BluRay. Quite a few camera angels were changed as well, which was to be expected, but I was surprised to hear new vocals from The Phantom. I was really looking forwa
Front Row Angels in America Tickets (Jan 23)  Jan 17 2011, 12:29:31 AM
Have two tickets to the 01/23 matinee for sale. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You