News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MTVMANN

MTVMANN Profile Photo
Member Name: MTVMANN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hello, always looking for knowledgeable friends, send me a message sometime

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Future Kristin Chenoweth Roles  Jun 9 2015, 02:19:11 AM

Turn "Blazing Saddles" into a musical and have her do the Madeline Kahn role.

Into the Woods metaphors  Dec 27 2014, 02:02:06 PM
The 'woods' is a great place to start.

Come on, cut me some slack...I've never dissected Sondheim shows past Sweeney Todd. This show never got to me.

My favorite moment in the movie was hearing the waltz to my all-time favorite musical, A Little Night Music, coming from the palace.

Into the Woods metaphors  Dec 27 2014, 01:47:45 PM
I know the show has many metaphors in it. The only one I know really well is the wolf being a metaphor for men and Red Riding Hood straying from the path to the wolf is sort of discovering the opposite sex...am I right?

Could someone help me out a bit? What are other metaphors in the show?

My stage debut, at age 64  Oct 20 2014, 10:57:30 PM
Welcome to the stage!!!
Best Cast Recording of A Little Night Music?  Oct 20 2014, 12:16:44 PM
I own EVERY recording of ALNM, my favorite of all time, and nothing beats the OBC!!!

It would have been nice if the New York City Opera were able to do a recording of their famed production. Hermione Gringold is hard to beat, but Regina Resnik was able to do it!!!

RIP Marian Seldes  Oct 8 2014, 12:05:10 PM
I saw her in "Deuce", she was so nice to me at the Stage Door and we had a nice long conversation. Wonderful actress, person and teacher.
Vanessa Hudgens is Gigi (Officially)  Sep 11 2014, 01:29:30 AM
Why not just put "My Fair Lady" back on Broadway?!?
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 29 2014, 01:19:50 PM
Ahh...so you would see Felix and Bruce's name appear at the pivotal moments?
New Annie Trailer  May 29 2014, 01:09:39 PM
I hope they put "Tomorrow" IN the actual film...until the original film.

I, for one, am glad that Willow Smith is out of the project and the little Oscar-nominee...not even going to attempt to spell it...is in :)

HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 29 2014, 01:01:09 PM
Is the Rolodex that Tommy used in the play or was it added for the film?
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 27 2014, 04:56:38 PM
And on a slightly unrelated note, my new crush is the guy that played Bella!
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 27 2014, 04:12:01 PM
Thank you for sharing.
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 27 2014, 04:00:18 PM
Mainly I just want to know if this was one of the first to address AIDS like that...I can't remember if Torch Song Trilogy did?
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts  May 27 2014, 03:42:00 PM
Thank you guys for sharing!

I predict Emmy Awards for Mark Ruffalo, Matt Bomer and Julia Roberts on acting.

So...this originally came out when? 1985?!? Can you guys talk about what that meant to see something then? RENT, Angels in America and the slew of films "It's my Party" came out in the 1990's...so what was the significance of the Original Normal Heart in the 1980's?

Look At Her! Angela Dances Up A Storm at 1973 Academy Awards Opening  Jan 27 2014, 01:31:18 PM
So she is a big enough star to host the Academy Awards...but not a big enough star to play Mame Dennis in the Film?!?
Angela Lansbury To Receive Oscar  Nov 20 2013, 01:57:17 PM
Such a shame it's not on the main broadcast...things like Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin presenting Robert Altman with his Honorary Oscar and Blake Edwards receiving his were some of the best moments of the Academy Awards in recent years.
Once Upon a Mattress G2K  Nov 4 2013, 09:50:59 PM
I sure as hell hope you don't have to return the scripts...which we are still waiting for the other half to arrive. R and H won't send anything until a certain date...so I just gave what we had in storage and copied the rest.
Once Upon a Mattress G2K  Nov 4 2013, 03:27:38 PM
G2K means "Getting to Know" which is the R and H version of a Jr. Show.
Once Upon a Mattress G2K  Nov 4 2013, 02:46:03 PM
No Normandy either?!?
Once Upon a Mattress G2K  Nov 3 2013, 11:21:13 PM
Sensitivity, soft shoes, both Larkin and Harry duets, the swamps of home. I figured most everything else would be there.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You