News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VonTussleGirl

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: VonTussleGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Prom Will Close 8/11  Jun 20 2019, 02:23:02 PM

This is honestly such a vast bummer. I haven't loved a musical this much in years - it'll be wonderful for schools and community theatres, but I'm still saddened.

Nick Jonas in H2S Poster Revealed  Dec 20 2011, 10:06:48 PM
So hurry and catch H2$ before it closes, now starring Justin Bieber and a tape recorder with a hat on it.
What book, movie or real life story do you think would make a great musical  Jul 6 2011, 02:38:56 AM
The Social Network seems to me more fitted to a straight play than a movie, I think.

On the topic of a political musical, satirical or no, I actually wrote up a blog post the other day on the topic of a show based on the 2008 election.

http://uprightcitizens.tumblr.com/post/7139299495/yes-we-can-the-election-2008-musical-starring

The fantasy casting is a bit silly (though I stand by Brian Stokes Mitchell as Obama), but I feel like the subject matter would be ripe for musicalization. A Greek chorus comprised of cable news pundits, a heartfelt song about Michelle's belief in her husband, which turns into a comic duet with Bill Clinton reluctantly/disingenuously expressing similar feelings toward Hillary's campaign, the Democratic national convention as the act I finale (I imagine a big number in the vein of "One Day More"), Sarah Palin's big introduction could be something akin to "Buenos Aires," Gregg Edelman as Mitt Romney and Danny Burstein as Mike Huckabee serving as occasional comic relief... I'd see it, I mean, if only for the experience of saying I saw the Obama musical.

So who will play Fanny?  Jul 2 2011, 11:49:43 PM
I heard it's going to be shared between Marla Mindelle, Natalie Weiss, and a tape recorder with a wig on it.
Besides Hugh Jackman and Paul Bettany who else would you cast in Les Mis the movie?  Jul 2 2011, 12:16:14 PM
Marion would be lovely. If we're talking French actors, how about Melanie Laurent as a prospect for Eponine? She's a singer and during the cafe scene in Inglourious Basterds, I couldn't stop laughing at how much she looked like she was about to break into On My Own.

What was wrong with HIGH FIDELITY?  Jul 2 2011, 11:39:33 AM
I agree that the score in general was pretty middle-of-the-road, but I've always really liked "The Last Real Record Store on Earth."
Besides Hugh Jackman and Paul Bettany who else would you cast in Les Mis the movie?  Jul 2 2011, 02:12:34 AM
So did every stray dog within a three mile radius.

From the box seats it felt a bit like being assaulted. We get it, Lea. You emote.

Besides Hugh Jackman and Paul Bettany who else would you cast in Les Mis the movie?  Jul 2 2011, 01:34:46 AM
Lea was a mediocre Eponine at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm sure she'll be in the running, but I hope for all our sakes that she isn't cast.

Just throwing this out there: Jake Gyllenhaal for Enjolras.

Scenes You'll Never Forget  Jul 2 2011, 12:36:56 AM
The final ten minutes or so of The Pillowman, culminating in (SPOILER ALERT, GUYS) Topolski executing Katurian halfway through his countdown. Startling and chilling. I've always thought that play was about 15 minutes too long, but the ending is completely worth it.
Deciphering Taste  Apr 20 2011, 05:45:41 PM
Wicked: A middling show I never honestly want to see again. Not unwatchable, but certainly overrated.

Favorite shows:
Sweeney Todd
Merrily We Roll Along
Little Me

I miss Clue  Feb 25 2011, 09:46:47 PM

The Best Understudy You Have Seen  Jun 25 2010, 09:23:36 PM
Leslie Kritzer as Tracy in Hairspray, circa 2004ish, and Judy Kuhn subbing for Patti in Sweeney.
Your Least Favorite Sondheim Song  Jun 24 2010, 03:08:50 PM
I usually skip "Bobby and Jackie and Jack" when I'm listening to Merrily. It's just so long and so dull and I get that it has its place in the show, but I still just don't like it.
re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar  Jun 24 2010, 08:29:19 AM
The Intel jingle and the first four notes of the Gypsy overture. I can't be the only one to have noticed this.
Broadway Lyrics that Make No Earthly Sense  Jun 23 2010, 05:36:37 PM
newintown: Generally, if there's a line you don't understand in Spring Awakening, it's probably about masturbation.
What's your favorite musical theater cliche, trope, or convention?  Jun 23 2010, 05:34:50 PM
Patter songs. I have this insane obsession with patter songs, always have. Both Sides of the Coin from Drood is my all-time favorite, but I have many many more.
Songs that could be sung to a psychologist  Jun 22 2010, 08:46:23 PM
"Big Ass Rock" from The Full Monty would be a fun group therapy song.
The Past 5 Tony Awards Voting Thread  Jun 22 2010, 06:01:46 PM
BEST PLAY
August: Osage County

BEST MUSICAL
In the Heights

BEST REVIVAL OF A PLAY
Boeing-Boeing

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL
Company

Dream Revivals?  Jun 20 2010, 07:49:30 PM
Smile with Jane Krakowski as Brenda.

And I know he's played the role before (Kennedy Center, I think?) but I'd love to see Raul Esparza as Charley in Merrily We Roll Along.

CAUSE I'M A COMER!!!!!!!!  Jun 19 2010, 09:22:50 PM
Did people hate her in her Spring Awakening days? Or do they just hate her now because she's a big star? I have always found "theatre people" (whatever that means) to be sort of like that friend that like an obscure indie band until they get popular.

I, for one, thought she was mediocre at best in Spring Awakening. Her entire performance felt like she was using a tennis racket to hit a ping-pong ball, which doesn't quite make sense but you should get the idea. Far too broad, but

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You