News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ElTico68

ElTico68 Profile Photo
Member Name: ElTico68
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sheila PHD where are you?
 May 3 2005, 11:40:50 PM
Apparently she insulted someone or something like that... I got it second hand.
re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
 May 2 2005, 02:01:17 AM
I saw this show on tour, and thought it was an amazing dance show. I have a hard time considering it a musical... to me it's more like a "jazz/modern ballet with live music". I'm not cutting it down. It loved it. I'd see it again, and would love to see it on B'way. Not surprised it's still running.
re: Edinburgh Fringe Festival
 May 2 2005, 01:56:20 AM
Back in 1991 I almost made it to the Fringe Festival, friends had a show there. Unfortunately I got sick and had to cancel... have been wanting to go ever since... maybe next year.
re: WICKED COMING TO SEATTLE!!!
 Apr 30 2005, 02:11:42 AM
I knew they had to fill those "empty" slots in the schedule. I'm so excited... a little miffed that the announcement came when I'm NOT in Seattle. But I think I just might be buying season tickets to the Paramount too...

Re: Seattle theater, yes, it's not the quality of NYC theater. Like bj said, that talent moves TO NY. BUT... how are people going to develop their talent and grow and get better if they are not given the chance? Most actors begin somewhere, and I for one love watching

re: the EPITOME of tasteless audiences.....
 Apr 26 2005, 02:18:16 PM
At Patti LuPone's "Matters of the Heart" in Seattle, a lot of people started leaving DURING ACT 1, while she was singing. If you don't like the show (and it actually was a wonderful show), at least have the decency to wait until intermission. It was amazing the number of people getting up and walking out in the middle of a song.

re: Any future for Good Vibrations?
 Apr 22 2005, 03:15:19 PM
There are plenty of shows that have not survived Broadway (or even been there) but do well in the community theater/regional circuit. "Working", "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up", "Honk" and "Return to the Forbidden Planet" come to mind.
Big River DC company stagedoor photo
 Apr 21 2005, 04:56:59 PM
Might be able to see it when I'm in DC next weekend. Is this the same tour that will be in Seattle in a couple of months?
re: Denzel Stages Battle Against Cell Phones
 Apr 20 2005, 03:54:06 PM
Patti said the same thing here in Seattle last week...
re: Photo Coverage: Christina Applegate Returns to Sweet Charity
 Apr 19 2005, 01:52:25 AM
Great pix. I am truly crossing my fingers that the show does well.

The one thing that bothered me: can't they find a better place for the mic? It looks like she has a huge zit on her forehead. Just sayin'.

re: Famous Standbys-Understudies, etc.
 Apr 17 2005, 04:37:15 PM
BJ, Ugh... I can't find the exact quote now, but I seem to recall that Cassie's song and dance were altered a bit to fit the replacements, at least at first. The costume was also adjusted for Ann... she wore it lower and the opening was on the opposite side.
re: A really fun game...play it
 Apr 17 2005, 02:31:23 PM
(that's twice it happens on this page...)
re: Sondheim's Carnegie Hall Concert DVD for $2.99 (and no shipping)
 Apr 17 2005, 12:11:49 PM
It's listed twice... once for $2.99 and right below it for $9.99, but I can't tell the difference between them. Are these new dvds?
re: annie tour
 Apr 16 2005, 10:05:47 PM
Hm... a friend of mine just got cast... not a principal part.
re: cturtle's BILLY ELLIOT review
 Apr 16 2005, 03:48:49 PM
Wow... sounds wonderful. Thanks for such an indepth review. Can't wait for a chance to see it.
re: Best Musicals for Community Theatre...
 Apr 16 2005, 03:39:13 PM
A local theater did "Return to the Forbidden Planet" and it was great fun. Campy, fun songs, and Shakespeare. Can't go wrong with that! I strongly recommend it.
re: Which Would you see?
 Apr 16 2005, 11:47:54 AM
I haven't heard anything about it, but I'd be brave and see Lennon. You know, seeing the pre-B'way tryout and stuff.
re: Great and very honest Cheyenne Jackson Interview...
 Apr 16 2005, 01:50:03 AM
I don't now him personally, but we have many friends in common. Everyone always says what a good and "real" guy he is. Very happy for his success.
re: A Chorus Line casting results
 Apr 15 2005, 05:00:24 PM
In the ACL we just did, Larry (Sheri in our production) sat on a stool on stage practically for the entire show. But I think you can make the most of it. The first time I did the show, the guy that played Larry really went with it and made it a very memorable part.

Congratulations!

re: 'The Wedding Singer' to do pre-Broadway tryout in Seattle
 Apr 15 2005, 01:30:06 PM
Woo-hoo! This sort'a makes up for being snubbed by the Wicked tour.

Tiffy... waiting for you with open arms!

re: The hardest role and the most fun you have ever had onstage.
 Apr 14 2005, 03:50:59 PM
In my limited performance experience...

hardest: Bobby in A Chorus Line. I've never played funny before.

most fun on stage: West Side Story. I was Chino. It's not a "fun" show per se, but the experience/cast was definitely the most fun I've ever had.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You