MOVIN OUT - Still running huh

RentBoy86
#0MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:23pm

Anyone else surprised that MOVIN'OUT is still playing? i mean I love the show and all. I have the OBC, but you just dont hear much about it. I mean its still making good money at the Box Office, but its like this little show that just goes under the radar.

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#1re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:34pm

I never thought it was that great of a show, it was really a fad-show, there was such a hype about it when it first came out, i mean the idea is kind of nice of a billy joel song fest, but it quickly faded out. When I saw the show, I wasn't that impressed, the dancers were alright, but i didn't feel any stage presence from them, parkinson i thought was horribly miscast, and the ensemble was just kind of THERE. the one that stuck out in my head was that arvin guy, he had that dancer body, but i didn't think he was that great..no facial expression or anything, and I've noticed that about other companies (i've seen it 3 times)...It just seems like a THERE show..I am really surprised its still running

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#2re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:46pm

I haven't seen it yet, want to though.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#3re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:48pm

I saw it a few months ago for the first time. I loved it!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#4re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 6:48pm

Billy Joel is a very popular fella (although I find his music a bit bland), so I'm not that surprised.

RentBoy86
#5re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:19pm

Yeah, I guess this show happened right after Mamma Mia right? I guess it was taking the juxebox musical and taking a different spin on it. I kind of liked it.

Jera Profile Photo
Jera
#6re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:25pm

Although I have never seen the musical, I don't like the music. I guess I don't get it or something.

jera

"It's not a problem, it's just a challenge, it's a challenge, to resist temptation."

bostonbroadwayfan
#7re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 7:56pm

From the weekly grosses it looks like it's losing appeal.
I loved the tour version and I listen to the OBCR quite often. I'm going to see it again in Providence RI in a couple of weeks.

Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
#8re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/1/05 at 9:49pm

I saw it...Cute show....Fun music and dancing.....Saw it for 30 dollars student ID....Would not have paid anymore!!!!

RentBoy86
#9re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:34am

Yeah. I guess i was just surprised its still running. I mean you hear all about the new shows and all the older blockbuster musicals but this one kind of just slides in there. maybe if it bumped up its advertising it could keep its ticket sales up. i mean obviously is has customer appeal or it woudlnt still be running.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#10re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 1:55am

MOVIN OUT will run forever. It will be the longest running show in Broadway history in about 10 years.

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#11re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 2:01am

I saw this show on tour, and thought it was an amazing dance show. I have a hard time considering it a musical... to me it's more like a "jazz/modern ballet with live music". I'm not cutting it down. It loved it. I'd see it again, and would love to see it on B'way. Not surprised it's still running.

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#12re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 3:23am

I saw the show last Summer and loved it! It is way beyond being just a compilation musical, in the way that the music is given dramatic form in a totally uncontrived way.

As I have said before, I think it is much to Broadway's credit to have such a long-running pure dance showOh, and the band is kicking!

RentBoy86
#13re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 3:45am

yeah, i woudlnt be surprised if it snuck in there and had a really long run.

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#14re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 5:05pm

Movin' Out is amazing and will be running forever. Its the Best show on Broadway. Its just one of those shows that keeps you energized the whole time. And its such a fun show to see. Each time i see it, i notice something new. I find it amazing that the dancers can show so much emotion from just their dancing....Elizabeth Parkinson gives a flawless performance every night. And John Selya is just incredible.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#15re: MOVIN OUT - Still running huh
Posted: 5/2/05 at 5:06pm

"It will run forever."
"The best show on Broadway."

I love these posts. They make me chuckle.

Videos