News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Depaultheatrekid

Depaultheatrekid Profile Photo
Member Name: Depaultheatrekid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE  Aug 25 2016, 11:26:50 PM

But by definition, white is the absence of all colors. *BLANK STARE* 

Very interesting casting. Not as good an actor as Heather, but no work than JHUD so somewhere in the middle. 

Shuffle Along Rush Lately?  Jul 10 2016, 10:27:04 PM

I was there today, and got in line at about 10:30, box office opened at noon. There were only about 16 people in line by the time box office opened. $40 tix, and most of the seats were the partial view box seats. Mine was in the second box, seat 1 and it was a great seat. Can't beat it for that price. Audra was on, although she doesn't do wed or sat matinees. Billy was out, bur Arbender was on and was really great. 

Head of Passes at the Public  Mar 25 2016, 11:45:21 AM

Has anyone else seen the show in previews? thoughts?

THE COLOR PURPLE Previews  Nov 11 2015, 09:10:54 PM

People on this board make ridiculous assumptions and predictions based on very little evidence. Its at once entertaining and baffling. The fact that Erivo is far more nuanced and runs away with her scenes with JHud is because she did an entire run of the production before, and a more seasoned performer in general. I would hope she would be opening night ready on 1st preview. However, Jennifer is making her broadway debut, has never been much of an actress, her oscar winning performa

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  Jul 30 2015, 05:54:16 PM

karen24 - To answer your question, I think all you need to do is search a few hashtags on twitter, and its quite obvious that an overwhelming majority of people, who don't have any prior knowledge of the show or previous Hedwigs, are loving Taye. I have yet to see tweets that say anything negative about running time of the show, his accent, or the way he sings any of the songs. Seems to me, unless you're a die hard fan who is returning to the show, most people are enjoying his performance. Ti

Best Featured Actor (in a play and musical)  May 18 2015, 10:39:48 PM

I am pulling for K. Todd Freeman, because I think he is brilliant but also a close friend. However, I'm pretty sure this category is going to Nathaniel Parker. His performance will probably be the only acknowledgement of Wolf Hall and the committee loves the Brits.

YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU previews.  Sep 16 2014, 04:49:54 PM
Can anyone tell me what time were the first and second intermission?
Bootycandy - Playwrights Horizons  Sep 5 2014, 06:48:35 PM
This play very much calls to mind THE COLORED MUSEUM in style and structure, which only makes sense, since Robert O'hara studied under, worked with George C. Wolfe, and considers him one of his mentors. This play is exactly what Sauja said "challenging, occasionally perplexing, and ballsy as hell", it will definitely be a divisive piece for most. You will either get it and love it, or not get it and hate it. First and Foremost, you must understand that it is satire! There is only one actor (a br
Tonys Live Stream?  Jun 8 2014, 05:40:26 PM
Is the playbill.com red carpet streaming up? Direct link?
Tony Awards Dress Rehearsal  Jun 8 2014, 02:01:02 PM
I feel like I distinctly remember Jerry Mitchell accepting for Best Choreography for Kinky Boots last year, during the telecast? Did I make that up or was it just a clip, that I assumed was an entire speech. Craziness.
Tony Awards Dress Rehearsal  Jun 8 2014, 01:41:02 PM
Best Book of a Musical and Best Choreography too from what I could tell, which just seems ludicrous. However, I've heard from a few insiders that Les Moonves was adamant, get as many stars (Affiliated with Broadway or not) on the show as possible, and give out as many awards that the masses won't care about during commercial breaks. He is concerned with ratings, as the Tonys will go head to head with NBA Finals on ABC, and to a smaller extent HBO shows (GOT), E! (Kardashians return tonight as we
Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread  Jun 8 2014, 10:36:01 AM
LL Cool J was mentioned as a presenter, didn't know they were performing. Also, Idina Menzel will indeed be performing Always Starting Over from If/Then!
Tonys Live Stream?  Jun 7 2014, 06:57:40 PM
Seems they will only be streaming the red carpet and not the actual show.
Holler If Ya Hear Me  Jun 1 2014, 11:56:05 PM
I have many friends whom were there tonight for the Final Dress, and initial word of mouth is not good....AT ALL. Like, the ensemble is great and has a tremendous amount of heart, with a few cool numbers but overall the Production, Design and Direction all fell flat. OUCH. And this is not just from one person, its from a variety of different people who have no vested interest in the show one way or another....so there you go. How long is preview period?

Hollywood Reporter TONYS Actor Roundtable  May 30 2014, 11:08:00 PM
The Guys are up!
Bryan Cranston's Beard?  May 30 2014, 10:52:20 PM
jonart I think you should apply for the job and bring your latest two drawings as reference material! GREAT JOB!
Hollywood Reporter TONYS Actress Roundtable  May 30 2014, 10:49:56 PM
She. Was. Getting. Over. A. Cold. #THATSALL
Hollywood Reporter TONYS Actress Roundtable  May 30 2014, 10:25:43 PM
First and foremost Scott Feinberg seemed to be quite nervous in the company of these extraordinary women, and his questions were very basic and not interesting at all. However, once the ladies began to talk the conversation evolved in a much better way. I don't at all see how anyone could think Jessie and Kelli didn't/doesn't like Idina. That observation/assumption is completely off base and reaching at best. They have a closer relationship obviously (Kelli has said that if she didn't want to wi
If Audra wins...  May 30 2014, 10:16:04 PM
Audra is indeed a very special case. Her first 3 Tonys came within 2 years of each other beginning at the early age of 24, in 94,96,98 respectively. Then 2004, 2012. Whether or not timing has anything to do with it, is certainly up for debate. Also does favor play a huge part in the voting.....absolutely. Not to take anything away from her talent, because there are very few who can sing AND act the way she can. There is simply nothing that she cannot do (until proven otherwise) Her performance i
Neil Patrick Harris, Idina Menzel, Sutton Foster, Sting, Fantasia, Wicked, Rocky and More Will Perform on Tony Awards  May 30 2014, 06:44:28 PM
For all you Bridges mourners......
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You