News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaybabe85

bwaybabe85 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaybabe85
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rebecca the Musical is coming after all.  Mar 14 2012, 10:06:24 AM
Anyone know who is general manager of the show?
re: This Year's Thanksgiving Parade Performances?  Nov 26 2008, 03:08:51 PM
Thanks for the response, Marianne2. Looks like I'll have to tape the parade and watch the performances afterward.
re: This Year's Thanksgiving Parade Performances?  Nov 26 2008, 09:27:17 AM
I'd really like to go to the parade this year and see the Broadway performances in person. Can people who have done this before please advise as to what time I should go and where the best place would be to situate myself?
re: Les Miz Rush?  Oct 29 2007, 01:11:30 PM
Rush is sold two hours before the performance. They do check student ID. The seat locations are completely random. I have sat in various locations in the mezzanine and orchestra.
re: so did anyone rush acl last night?  Aug 10 2007, 10:40:01 AM
Any updates on how the rush line has been this week? I'm thinking of rushing this Sunday.
re: 110 in the Shade closing this weekend!  Jul 27 2007, 01:15:12 PM
Does anyone know if there will be rush (either regular or student) for the last performance?
re: Pirate Queen to close June 17  Jun 5 2007, 09:09:47 PM
I'm really sad this show is closing. I'm glad I got to see it a few times. Does anyone know of a discount code (preferably one of the $35 ones) that would apply to the closing perf? I have one from the Daily News but it is not for Sunday shows.
re: 'How Lucky Can You Get?' 4 of Broadway's Best to Tour Europe with Strei  Apr 30 2007, 09:04:25 PM
Yay Peter!!!
re: Suggestions for my Las Vegas trip?  Apr 26 2007, 04:00:20 PM
I was in Las Vegas in January and saw Phantom, Mamma Mia, Mystere and Celine's A New Day. My number one recommendation would definitely be to see Celine. She's absolutely amazing. I'd also recommend seeing a Cirque show. Mystere is great, but I heard that O is better. If they're sold out, try getting cancellation tickets a couple of hours before the show. Phantom is not so special (it's just shorter and the tempo is faster), but the theater is gorgeous and worth the price of the ticket alone.
re: Anyone here seen Les Miz since Sunday? (Cast question)  Apr 11 2007, 02:02:54 PM
I believe Robert's replacement is Ben Crawford.
re: PQ Opening Night VIP Experience Drawing/Contest!  Mar 30 2007, 05:05:25 PM
I'm not sure ticketmaster ever put them on sale. They've been "not currently available" on ticketmaster's website for as long as I can remember, and I kept checking every day. They definitely have seats available at the box office though, since I just bought mine on Wednesday. They're only selling the balcony seats at the moment, so you have to decide whether those seats are worth $77 or not...
re: PQ Opening Night VIP Experience Drawing/Contest!  Mar 30 2007, 04:38:47 PM
I don't have my ticket on me, but I'm pretty sure the show starts at 6:30. I somehow doubt they'll have rush on opening night, so I'd buy a regular price seat at the box office.
re: Pirate Queen Poll  Mar 26 2007, 10:24:03 AM
Definitely an A for me.
re: First preview of The Pirate Queen  Mar 7 2007, 02:11:13 PM
I would have written my review in a pre-existing preview review thread had it existed before I began writing my own.
re: First preview of The Pirate Queen  Mar 7 2007, 01:55:11 PM
I totally agree with you fachedaluna. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I think all the negative comments that are said about this show or any other can be destructive. Constructive criticism is one thing, but bashing a show is wrong. It stops people from buying tickets whereas they might actually enjoy themselves if they go.

Thanks for thanking me for my review, danhattan!

re: First preview of The Pirate Queen  Mar 7 2007, 12:39:15 AM
Oops. Double post.

re: First preview of The Pirate Queen  Mar 7 2007, 12:39:14 AM
I didn't mean unreal as an opposite of realistic. Rather, I meant that the dancing these people are able to do was so incredible that it's unfathomable to a layperson with two left feet like me
First preview of The Pirate Queen  Mar 7 2007, 12:27:07 AM
Hi all,
Just got home after attending the first preview of The Pirate Queen. After all the negativity that seemed to be surrounding this show, I prepared myself for the worst. However, I am happy to say that the Pirate Queen is a wonderful show, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I felt for the characters and cried during parts of both acts. The score is really pretty and I can't stop humming some of the music! Sets, costumes (Queen Elizabeth I's costumes were absolutely stunning!), and ligh

re: Is the Pirate Queen going to bomb?  Feb 15 2007, 04:03:13 PM
I think it's silly to be having a discussion now about whether the show is going to bomb. Why don't we at least wait till previews when some grosses and house percentages become available to us?

As far as discounting goes, if I remember correctly, Wicked discounted tickets during it's previews/beginning of the run. Based on how they've been selling since I think we can safely say that discounts are not much of an indicator.

re: Rags Concert to Offer Rush Tix to Theatre Students  Dec 10 2006, 09:22:34 PM
If I don't have any past programs on me at the moment is a current class schedule from school (which shows my theater classes) okay?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You