Pirate Queen to close June 17

Yankeefan007
#1Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:16pm

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1410794

Producers Moya Doherty and John McColgan said, "We are proud of THE PIRATE QUEEN and the talented cast and creative team that has brought this epic musical to Broadway. It is a joy working with Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg who have created a timeless, classic score for a great theatre piece. We are also pleased to report that there is international interest in PIRATE QUEEN productions. Plans for a European English-language production are underway and will be announced in the near future."

Masterworks Broadway will release the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg’s epic new musical THE PIRATE QUEEN nationwide on July 3, 2007. That same day, Hal Leonard will release THE PIRATE QUEEN songbook.
Updated On: 6/5/07 at 07:16 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:20pm

A shame it is closing & glad we saw it

Poster Emeritus

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:20pm

Duplicate post

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 6/5/07 at 07:20 PM

Yankeefan007
#3re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:22pm

It's all Mel's fault!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:23pm

It's GWB fault

Poster Emeritus

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#5re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:23pm

Yankee, you beat me to it by a few minutes.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#6re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:26pm

I wonder how things would have turned out if they had done this in the West End first..

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#7re: Pirate Queen to close June 17

Yes! Thank you! It's too bad for the actors, but the show was just awful.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8re: Pirate Queen to close June 17

An opinion not shared by all

Poster Emeritus

p.s.
#9re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:27pm

I am glad I got to see it.

p.s. I'm also glad that my full-priced July 4th tickets will be refunded.

TapTapTapioca
#10re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:27pm

I could say I was very sorry and sad that this was closing and it was unexpected, but that would be a lie.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

broadwayboy1017
#11re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:29pm

knew it

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#12re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:35pm

I guess I could bring up my collection of "This show will never close/best thing ever/ No way YF will take over/It's sold out every night, so I can't see why you think it will close" posts, but it would be too cruel re: Pirate Queen to close June 17

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 6/5/07 at 07:35 PM

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#13re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:38pm

I heard they were going to try and stick it out until July 1. I guess they couldn’t make it those two extra weeks.

Shame. It was enjoyable.

"Have they come yet?"

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#14re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:42pm

That really is a shame. I hope that they do a tour, because I loved the show. Such a talented cast too. Granted, the book was lacking, but just about everything else about the show was great. The score was amazing, as was the lighting, choreography, set, and actors.

Half of the people that insulted it probably haven't even seen it, it would be great if people could have just given it a chance... At least I have the OBCR and sheet music to look forward to.

Oh well. re: Pirate Queen to close June 17

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#15re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:42pm

Sad.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#16re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:45pm

I hate to see any show close. But, maybe now we can all move on and stop talking about how it is all Stro and Mel's fault.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#17re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:45pm

Looking forward to YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN. Good luck to the cast on their future endeavors.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#18re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:46pm

It is Davey Jones locker for the PQ

Poster Emeritus

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#19re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:46pm

I'm not sorry to see the show go, but good luck to the very talented cast.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#20re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:48pm

haha is it hell all mel's fault , that show was going to close anyway.

I didn't like the show but i wish all the cast and crew the best in their next projects .

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#21re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:49pm

Blaxx - NOW you're worried about being cruel? You've made your true colors pretty apparant - you may as well have baked a cake and ordered the balloons. The list of people who will jump in to make snide comments is as predictable as the notice is.

I was hoping it would at least hold on until the end of the summer. I guess the one thing I have to say to this show is THANK YOU!! Thank you for being the first show I've actually been fortunate enough to follow from it's very beginnings up until it's end (which by the way, isn't really it's end. I think it'll have a life overseas).

And Thank YOU to the cast for displaying class and resiliance when others around them were acting very ugly. I know they will, and should, go out just as proud of the show and of what they are doing up there on stage as they did when they first started re: Pirate Queen to close June 17

I only wish I could be there for the last performance. I too am glad I got a chance to see it!

NDR
#22re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:49pm

So sad to hear this news, especially since I just booked a plane flight to NYC for July to see it again!
Such a shame, I know many didn't like the show, but I was happy to see another B&S show on Broadway.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#23re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:51pm

You'd think they'd just suck it up and put it on TDF for every performance. Since opening, it's generally only up for Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Stupid.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

broadwayboy1017
#24re: Pirate Queen to close June 17
Posted: 6/5/07 at 7:54pm

i feel bad for steph block
shes so amazing

Videos