News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fingerlakessinger

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
Member Name: fingerlakessinger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hi, I am Dylan and I am from the lovely Upstate New York region known as "The Finger Lakes"
I have had the great opportunity of being in over 30 productions since the age of 8 and have worked my way up through the ranks of playing "Town Child #2" to my first lead in "Little Shop of Horrors" as Seymour. I have since played Billy Crocker in the all time classic "Anything Goes" the bald Daddy Warbucks, and just recently Archibald in "The Secret Garden" and various other leading roles...this is obviously something I am very proud of but I have learned like many others that there will always be challenges and I look forward to facing them as I make my path in life.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

National Tour Lottery  Feb 21 2015, 01:59:16 PM
WICKED has one. I'm pretty sure BOM also does but I'm not entirely sure, WICKED is the only show I've tried the lotto before. Typically they announce in ads/tv spots in whatever city they are visiting if they are holding lottery chances. For WICKED, I know that they almost always have one, but I think it is up to the theaters that they visit.
Emma Hunton left Wicked?  Feb 20 2015, 03:05:07 PM
After seeing Idina in IF/THEN on Valentine's day, I think she is one of the few artists out there who can give a beautiful performance both vocally and acting wise. Her presence onstage is dynamite, and part of that is because her voice is not the most "perfect" voice.
Back to Emma. She has not tweeted much else other then that everything is fine so I'm not sure what is keeping her from performing her full contract. I do hope she comes back sometime.

Emma Hunton left Wicked?  Feb 18 2015, 07:01:27 PM
Yup. They basically have set days they go on and then perform when the lead is sick.
Emma Hunton left Wicked?  Feb 18 2015, 01:42:36 PM
I believe the only productions to have a set "alternate" schedule was the Mexico Production, the German/Dutch productions and I think the Korean/Japanese productions. Every other production seem to have the standby go on whenever needed instead. I think its absurd. If you look at the Elphaba's from those productions, they benefited greatly from an alternate. There is no question that the role is vocally demanding, but physically too. The actress has to be onstage for roughly 90-95% of the show,
What happened to Eden Espinosa?  Feb 15 2015, 01:24:52 AM
When she ran downstage for the first entrance, she flew (ha) into the pit. The stage at the Gershwin is raked and she got too much speed or something and the weight of the luggage she carries at that point kind of propelled her into the orchestra. There is a net there for that very reason but the show stopped and I guess some of the cast ran over to help her out.
Wicked Glinda Standby  Feb 6 2015, 06:35:03 PM
The only thing that SOME Elphaba standby's do before a show is maybe put on foundation. They never actually get into the green until the word is given.
I've heard some of the makeup artists have done the full transformation in like 7 minutes. I think it recently happened on the 1NT when Emmy Raver-Lampman took over mid-act two for Emma Hunton. The makeup artist on that tour was able to get it done in 8 minutes or so.
I think the whole they MIGHT be able to leave after "No Good Deed" bu

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!  Jan 31 2015, 01:28:14 PM
Okay except Allison is absolutely wrong for the role. Maybe in like 15 or more years when she is even remotely close to being the proper age for the character. Plus, they are probably going to send out someone who has more of a name. Not saying that Murney or many of the women suggest have big names, but they have a longer resume which will look better on a cast list. Luff is young, she will have her time. But this part is not it.
-  Dec 4 2014, 10:56:21 PM
The story of PETER PAN (Even the Disney version) struck me as being kind of creepy. The "true" version of it is even darker lol
-  Dec 4 2014, 10:38:53 PM
That was some sword fight...
-  Dec 4 2014, 10:25:07 PM
I just tuned in. I'll have to catch it fully later but so far, I can't say that I'm impressed. I lost interest the moment it was announced that it was going to be PETER PAN in the first place, but I thought this cast might save it. But yikes, so far its just dead in the water.
Galavant  Aug 1 2014, 03:36:52 PM
Wow....nothing about that song made me want to watch the show.
The Critics Rave,, You Go --- It's Horrible!  Jul 6 2014, 09:32:17 PM
Maybe its just me, but whenever I go see a show, I rarely walk out purely hating it. I think that no matter what there is always something to enjoy at the theater. Whether it be a particular moment from an actor/song/choreography/scene/lighting/etc. That way, I walk out feeling like I have not wasted 2 1/2 hours.
Music that every tenor/baritone should know  Jul 6 2014, 09:28:19 PM
Love Can't Happen - Grand Hotel
Impossible Dream - Man of La Mancha (more on the Baritone side)
Being Alive - Company

Idina Menzel in concert (aka If/Then)  Jun 28 2014, 06:35:04 AM
She is the star of the show. And on top of that, the main selling point. The cast is amazing, but they won't put butts in the seats.
Idina Menzel at Radio City - a hot mess?  Jun 17 2014, 12:23:35 PM
From the clips I'm hearing, she sounded fantastic. "Always Starting Over" is a friggin punch to the feels.
Also, it looks like she was having some issues with her ear piece during "Let it Go". During the lead up into the bridge ("My power...") she was adjusting it a lot and looked kind of concerned. Singing in front of a huge orchestra is daunting enough,even with the assistance of an ear piece, so having it break down on her must have been terrifying.

NY Times RAVE review for Idina Menzel at Radio City  Jun 17 2014, 12:17:15 PM
I fail to see how posting a positive review about someone means they are working for that persons team. I guess most of Broadwayworld works for someone.
Idina Menzel National Anthem  Jun 14 2014, 11:18:28 PM
Oh sweet Jesus. Seriously? We're gonna say that she is just "lucky" to be cast in these roles?
The girl can sing. Does her voice appeal to everyone? Hell no. But there is not one single singer out there who is able to win over everyone with their voice. A lot of people adore Mandy Patinkin and love his voice. I don't. But I certainly don't question his ability to sing and say that he was "lucky" to be cast in anything. His voice just doesn't appeal to me. Idina has a very distinct voice whi

YOWZAH! Anna Kendrick's ELLE Cover and Photoshoot  Jun 13 2014, 11:52:51 PM
I can't wait to see what she does with Cinderella and Kathy. Two completely different characters, but she is a rare talent.
Idina Menzel's Tony performance  Jun 9 2014, 06:45:35 PM
For a performance that wasn't moving...a lot of people seemed to have been moved by it lol
Idina Menzel's Tony performance  Jun 9 2014, 06:13:04 PM
She did miss the second act. To one performance. When she was ill lol
I'm not gonna argue Idina's vocal technique though. She has stated many times that she works hard to maintain her voice and is always working with her vocal coach to guide her voice to being as healthy as possible. I've seen her live, and her voice when its not under the pressure of live television, is immense. Her critics can certainly have their opinion. Idina's voice is very dividing (some love it, some hate it) but see

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You