News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlfredDrakeII

Member Name: AlfredDrakeII
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Young Man From Atlanta at Signature
 Nov 19 2019, 10:25:09 AM
Wow, it must be good, After Eight never likes anything!!
Clue the movie.... someone needs to adapt it.
 Aug 21 2018, 09:43:40 PM
Clue: On Stage premiered at Bucks County Playhouse just last year. It was a huge hit, featuring Sally Struthers and Erin Dilly among others.

Google is your friend.

Off-Broadway Recommendations
 Aug 8 2018, 10:11:27 AM
"Carmen Jones" at CSC, but you'll likely have to try for rush tickets, since their run is sold out. It's a superb production. They close on the 19th.
Tony winner Denis O'Hare is moving far away
 Aug 6 2018, 09:05:14 PM
I find it interesting that those bothered by my post assume that I'm a Conservative, and can only reply with snark as opposed to critically engaging with the thoughts I laid out (I welcome those that did).

I will add that Mr. O'Hare and his husband, in my view, are teaching his son that the way to confront problems is to try and escape them, as opposed to staying and fighting for what you believe in.

Of course Mr. O'Hare and family are free to do as they wish, just as I am fre

Tony winner Denis O'Hare is moving far away
 Aug 6 2018, 04:10:41 PM

" Every parent who has a child of color [has] watch out for the police."

<<edited by BWW staff.>>

This is what happens when you're stuck in a progressive echo chamber. Statistically O'Hare's son and husband are FAR more likely to meet a violent end at the hands of another Black male, and even that really only factors in in densely populated, poor urban areas with a high concentration of Black people...areas which I HIGHLY doubt Mr.

Riedel on Head Over Heels being on thin ice
 Jul 27 2018, 11:18:47 PM
I can't believe that producer OPENLY said that they don't know how to sell the show, and that it's having trouble. Who in their right mind would allow those sentiments to go public?? Wouldn't a savvy producer pivot the conversation away from the negatives and focus on, I dunno, enticing people to come see the play? It actually has an interesting concept, it's a shame that they couldn't find a team creative enough to sell this show.

"Maybe we should've sold the sex."

Sigh.

Carmen Jones Thread
 Jun 22 2018, 08:02:50 AM
Bump...

Anymore reports on this????

Michael Jackson Musical Coming to Broadway in 2020
 Jun 21 2018, 09:15:08 AM
Anyone who claims that Jackson "only had five distinctive moves" in questioning the use of a ballet choreographer to develop this project obviously isn't very familiar with Jackson's singular talent. Just watch the video for "Bad", and get back to me.
NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
 May 18 2018, 11:22:31 AM
This is really not a time for strident secularism or political mudslinging.
 May 17 2018, 07:18:57 PM

Certainly no argument from me there, Ilana.

I hope you're right and that she and her partner and anyone else affected get all the support they need. 

Just devastating.

May 17 2018, 06:27:28 PM
I really can't find the words to express the depth of my sorrow for Ms. Ann Miles.

What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

How does one go on after something like this? How does one possibly find peace after something like this??

THE SECRET GARDEN Revival Set for 2018-2019 Season
 May 10 2018, 04:00:42 PM
Actually George, I'm Black myself. According to Progressive Orthodoxy Black people cannot be racist, so I'm a bit confused:

Am I racist, or are you going to condescend to call me a race-traitor who doesn't have the intelligence to understand when he should and shouldn't be offended?

I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,
~Al

THE SECRET GARDEN Revival Set for 2018-2019 Season
 May 10 2018, 03:54:34 PM

Oak, is that you??

Anyway the only people complaining about a black woman playing the maid are the Progressive <<edited by BWW staff for a personal attack>> that I will continue to harp on on this board.

As has been noted--as if it's relevant--there is also a black person playing Archibald Craven, the master of the estate.

Nice to know that there will be people not paying attention to the story and focusing on "optics",

Agent complains: Minorities are 'putting talented white performers out of work ... and it stinks'
 May 9 2018, 07:05:39 AM
I'm a Black performer. The agent is correct. I disagree with Dave's assertion that quotas should be enforced by any means. But his broader point is one worth debating: how does one quantify "diversity", and what does it mean precisely, other than "fewer white people"? How do we know we've reached our "diversity" goals? IS there a chart or an equation??

At any rate I do have many hard-working and skilled white friends that are in some cases being supplanted by people I personally know to

Gender Based Awards?
 Apr 26 2018, 09:35:56 AM
I have to add that it's astounding to me that so many here would assume that men would still win a disproportionate number of awards.

Think you so little of women and gender nonconformists? Why are you automatically assuming that men will win? Do you understand how bigoted and misogynistic that sounds?

Ironically I took out a line in my previous post regarding this, because I predict the OPPOSITE, that given the current climate FEWER men will be given awards, ESPECIALLY if the

Gender Based Awards?
 Apr 26 2018, 09:33:03 AM
Honestly I would be against this coming to NYC. There are very few award-worthy actors, and still fewer gender nonconformists. While I recognize that the performing arts industry has an incredibly high proportion of non-conforming individuals, it still strikes me as unlikely that there would ever be enough award-worthy gender non-conformists to warrant such a radical change in policy.

Personally I think those who've gone against the grain should be given a SPECIAL DISTINCTION, rather t

King Kong Casting
 Apr 25 2018, 09:21:09 AM
From Tom5:

"To happily veer away from this I very much liked the '76 film version. It got a lot of thing right that the before and after versions didn't One being Charles Grodin's Carl Denham, portraying a ruthless oil company executive responsible for countless deaths on Kong Island and New York being happily squished to death by Kong. I sure hope the Carl Denham cast in this show is white!"

Here is a flagrantly racist comment, "happily" put forth by Tom5. Is anyone going to

King Kong Casting
 Apr 25 2018, 08:17:49 AM
Bwayfan do not cave to these people, nothing you wrote was racist in the slightest. The fact that you've been beaten into saying that your views are "not ok" is concerning to me, and to be frank it's getting tiresome to see people use the phrase "that is not ok" in order to police behavior and ideas that they simply don't like, regardless of their validity or worthiness for debate and discussion.

It's a simple question about colorblind casting. I'll actually answer the question, instea

The Next Great Broadway Revival
 Apr 24 2018, 06:56:15 PM
Jamie Foxx is a good singer and performer but has neither the singing chops nor stage experience to convincingly pull off Coalhouse Walker. Sorry, but it's a ludicrous suggestion.
The Next Great Broadway Revival
 Apr 23 2018, 09:36:09 AM
A Ragtime revival with Jamie Foxx?

Are you serious?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You