News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KA2007

Member Name: KA2007
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Aaron Tveit be nominated?
 Apr 25 2011, 07:02:25 PM
Amen GatorNY!

and Walker definitely deserves a nod!

Tony Awards Nominee Predictions - 2011
 Apr 1 2011, 03:26:31 PM
Chicago Star-

I was thinking the same thing. I think Benjamin acutally deserves the Tony, not just the nom. Fantastic performace!

Alice Ripley in Next to Normal in Los Angeles
 Jan 5 2011, 12:42:53 PM
steven22,
Like you, I am acutally interested in seeing what Pearl might do with Diana. As on B'way with Jessica, you get a different take and most of the time, a more subtle and nuanced version of Diana. I do hope she gets a chance to go on as I'm sure it would be frustrating to tour for a year and not be heard.

Jan 3 2011, 12:50:47 PM
I caught the final L.A performance last night and I am happy to report that Alice's is voice was in Amazing shape. I don't know what happened (there were reports of her sounding strained and hoarse) but I guess not performing because of the New Year's day holiday made a HUGE difference. I was lucky to catch the show on opening night in L.A. as well, and I think that Alice sounded just as good last night. Everyone seems to be more comfortable in their roles so I think the rest of the tour will
 Dec 29 2010, 03:08:16 PM
lol...deconstructs...oops!
 Dec 29 2010, 02:38:11 PM
adamgreer-
Couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe all of the Alice bashing! Ridiculous! C'mon now...when she is on stage, she IS DIANA! I don't really picture a Diane being operatic or even "clean" vocally. When someone dicontructs on stage, right in front of your eyes, shouldn't you feel the pain come through? I think Alice is the perfect Diana to do this. I saw Jessica on B'way as Diana too, and though she made some great acting choices, Alice basically rips the role apart.

NEXT TO NORMAL Exit interview
 Dec 29 2010, 02:00:36 PM
Idiot-

REALLY????

ENOUGH SAID!

next to normal tour anyone see it?
 Dec 23 2010, 06:25:25 PM
provocation-
I've seen the show LOTS of times, and Alice seems to do that a lot. Every now and then, she'll throw out a grin, but I think that after a grueling 2 hours of being Diana, she's still her...and coming down from that character. The amazing thing about Alice is that from beginning to end of that show, you are with Diana. Also, interestingly, I've seen her on a Tuesday and again two days later. On that Tuesday she'll sound strained and a little off, then on Thurs she'll sound po

Alice Ripley's new album
 Dec 10 2010, 05:51:16 PM
Asolutely LOVE her! How can you not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5jHhctvzw

Alice Ripley's new album
 Dec 10 2010, 02:21:22 PM
There are a few clips on youtube under Daily Practice with Alice Ripley. Here "I Am a Rock" is FANTASTIC. I was hoping she would release this! Good Stuff!
 Dec 9 2010, 11:16:37 AM
Shomeika-
Have you tried going to the box office (Tues-Sun 12-6)? I've bought and exchanged several times with them and they are really easy to work with. Online it says no exchanges or refunds but if you tell they your story they will probably accomodate. The prob is, you need to go to the box office and not over the phone. Hopefully you are close enough to do so. I've had great experience with the Ahmanson.

Dec 8 2010, 01:14:25 PM
Saw the show again last night! I wanted to give it a little time to see how much more comfortable the cast has become in their roles! They definitley have. I'm still in awe at how Ripley can pull up the emotion night after night. I do have to say that her voice sounded just a bit strained a couple of times last night. I was a little worried because the show is dark on Monday and yesterday was Tuesday, so she had a day to rest. Second Act she sounded better vocally, so maybe she needed the
 Nov 29 2010, 01:47:53 PM
Saw the show last night! Alice never dissapoints. Since this was the second time for me seeing it in L.A.(saw it a few times in NY as well) I wanted to go in as if it had been the first time ever seeing the show. Here's what I took away from Alice's Diana this time around: It is true as stated that if you are not familiar with the score, it's a bit difficult to understand every word that Alice sings. As we all know, she has a specific tone and pronounciation and sometimes with the "crackle"
 Nov 28 2010, 08:04:21 PM
RazzleDazzle3...so true about the minor adjustments for the N2N junkies! I'm seeing it tonight..so I will report soon...officiail opening! Let's see if the adjustments keep. Alice does continue to blow me away with her choices...should be fun tonight!
 Nov 24 2010, 05:58:00 PM
Yes Yes Yes! Great show. I've seen it a few times in NY and I was hoping that I could go in with an open mind in accepting a new cast. It did start off a bit shaky at first but I think that is understandable for opening night...vocally everyone got better as the show went on. Quick assessment (in my opinion)

Alice- Fabulous of course (and after reading that her vocals were in question toward the end of her broadway run, I was nervous, but she sounded and ACTED superbly

Asa-

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You