News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anthony95401

anthony95401 Profile Photo
Member Name: anthony95401
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun Home Tour  Feb 7 2017, 03:18:34 AM

I'm gonna see it again before it leaves. I'll try to pick up one for you.

Fun Home Tour  Feb 2 2017, 06:49:59 PM

Agreed. I saw the show in SF over the weekend and it is fantastic. Corrigan is phenomenal and in fact the entire cast is strong. A tight, expertly performed production. Going back to see it again before it leaves SF.

And the comic book-like playbill is cool too!

re: Interesting Musicals That Never Made It To Broadway  Dec 22 2016, 12:13:53 PM

The Kid

The Opposite of Sex

Tales of the City

Parade performances?  Nov 23 2016, 07:37:22 PM

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but does anyone know what shows are performing on the Thanksgiving Day parade? I can't find the info anywhere. Thanks!

good musicals that never made it to Broadway?  Sep 17 2016, 03:02:57 AM

I have seen quite a few good regionally produced musicals with Broadway talent that I am sorry never made it to Broadway (or even Off Broadway): the musical version of "The Opposite of Sex" (with Karen Ziemba) was really good as was the musical "Tales of the City" (with Betsy Wolfe and Judy Kaye). Both had tryouts in San Francisco and I thought both were very promising.

Although it did play New York, I also enjoyed "The Kid" (with

Looking for Hedwig Off-Broadway Playbills  Aug 25 2016, 12:15:04 AM

Hi all! I'm back and am not sure if I have more than one spare Cerveris playbills (I know I have at least one, but I may have two. I looked for only one) but I will confirm after Sept 4 (I am on a cruise to Alaska until then) and will respond to PMs at that time to those interested that asked first. I won't forget! Hang tight!

Looking for Hedwig Off-Broadway Playbills  Aug 18 2016, 11:28:15 PM

Just checked. I have a couple of extra Jane St playbills with Cerveris, but only one JCM (and I can't bear to part with it!). Sorry. If you want a Cerveris one its yours, but it looks like you're looking for a JCM. Good luck!

Looking for Hedwig Off-Broadway Playbills  Aug 9 2016, 01:23:30 AM

I might have a couple of extras (JCM and Cerveris). Give me a week or so and I'll check (traveling right now).

Musical Theatre Songs About Dating  Jul 25 2014, 11:11:12 AM
"Tear Jerk", "Cantata for a First Date", and "Single Man Drought" from "I Love you, You're Perfect, Now Change" are all good.
Lady Day deemed a play and Hedwig deemed a musical?  Jun 8 2014, 09:51:19 AM
I am wondering something. I saw Lady Day yesterday (which was astounding, by the way). I really don't understand why Lady Day was deemed (for the TONYs) a play and Hedwig was deemed a musical. Both are pretty much the same structure: a character performing a 90 minute "concert" and talking about their life and what brought them there to the audience in between 15 or so songs. I have not seen this version of Hedwig, but saw the original Jane St production, so maybe they have substantially changed
Now that J&H is closing can we all stop...  May 3 2013, 09:42:44 PM
I am by no means a major Wildhorn fan, but I do enjoy the scores of Pimpernel (a very underrated show in my opinion) and some of Bonnie &Clyde. I know there is much more to writing a good overall show, but I think the guy can write a catchy melody and very good song now every now and then.
Somewhere in time?  Apr 18 2013, 02:47:11 AM
As this movie is a guilty pleasure of mine and I enjoy some of the talents involved (Ryan Silverman, Marc Kudisch), I will be making the trip to Portland to see this and will definitely report back. Hopefully this tryout does not go the way of "Little Miss Sunshine" which I travelled to La Jolla to see and was less than successful, despite a strong cast.
Annie Lottery  Apr 7 2013, 01:48:45 PM
I can second what egnarotsew said. When I did the lottery in March on a Wednesday mat, everyone who entered got tickets. I was very pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowd, especially during a Spring Break week.
SMASH  Apr 4 2013, 06:43:24 PM
One of my biggest sources of irritation is when someone (usually Derek, who did it again this week) says about Karen: "She's a star". I really hate that they try to ram that down our throats when nothing we have seen her do supports that (unless singing blandly with her eyes closed and her arms over her head counts). It's like they think if they just repeat it enough we will buy it. I guess it's minor, but, man that bugs me.
BCEFA Easter Bonnet Collections  Mar 15 2013, 07:17:23 PM
Curious. I have been to see many shows this past week (Vanya, Annie, Matilda, Cinderella, Hardbody, Kinky, Talleys Folly, and Passion. It is my annual "cram as many shows as you can into a week" trip from California) and only Annie has made a speech and sold merchandise (signed playbills for $20 and signed posters for $60). I thought for sure many others would have been.
Cindi Lauper at Kinky Boots?  Mar 13 2013, 12:12:48 PM
I was there last night and boh Harvey and Jerry were there. Didn't see Cyndi.
What Was The Worst Piece Of Theatrical Trash You Sat Through This Year?  Jan 1 2013, 10:57:35 PM
While I would never want to call any creative endeavor that someone worked very hard on "trash" (no matter what the outcome), I would have to say it was an off, off, off, off, Broadway musical called "Honestly Abe". I got tickets on TDF and thought "how bad could it be?" Oh my God. God love 'em, the young cast gave it their all, but they were all VERY green, the music was canned, and nothing about this show was ready to be seen. The songs, the book, the staging....it was all so bad it was Guffma
If you could steal anybody's voice, who would you pick?  Oct 7 2012, 03:07:27 AM
Totally agree. Warlow. No question.
OH MY GOD! I LOOOOOVED ROCK OF AGES!!!!  Jun 16 2012, 10:44:50 AM
Horrible movie. I love the stage version, but this movie was tonally all over the place, lacked fun, and had no authentic rock voices or energy. Cruise gives a game performance, and is the best thing in the film, but the whole thing is misguided. It's like a two hour Glee episode on hair metal. Disappointed. I was hoping for much better.
Smash - Series Discussion  Apr 24 2012, 11:17:34 PM
Ha! Rebecca is the show doctor! Hey, her suggestions are crazy, but at least someone is trying to doctor the thing! Actually, Rebecca is a bright spot for me lately. Uma is bringing the fun at least.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You