News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for phantom_tenor

phantom_tenor Profile Photo
Member Name: phantom_tenor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Movie Musicals
 Mar 18 2006, 10:46:43 PM
Another vote for Reefer Madness! Alan Cumming IS god.
re: A TV Show Musical Episode???
 Feb 28 2006, 12:34:35 AM
I once saw an English/American co-production a bit like that. There were about 2 pop songs an episode sung by characters which had something to do with the story. Can't remember what it was called now.
re: The Official Anthony Warlow is a VOCAL GOD thread
 Feb 8 2006, 01:58:00 AM
Guess who's got premium seats to see Anthony in Pirates of Penzance in August
re: bad belting
 Jan 10 2006, 04:31:35 PM
ok, fair enough. It's your opinion.
re: 'Prayer' Scarlet Pimpernel Sheet Music ?
 Jan 10 2006, 12:15:01 AM
If you'd asked a few months ago i could have given it to you. I was in the show and had the complete piano/vocal score.
 Jan 9 2006, 09:51:35 PM
Isabella2, please don't tell me you just seriously compared Callas to Sarah Brightman?!

Callas was an amazing performer. She had an incredible voice, although with an admittedly less-than-perfect technique. It was a voice that was able to capture every emotion, every subtle nuance in the text perfectly, with heartbreaking beauty. She was incredibly versatile, and although she developed a bit of a wobble in her later career, she got away with it because of her astounding interpretive abi

re: Tim Burton & Johnny Depp Team For 'SWEENEY TODD' Movie Musical Adaptati
 Jan 8 2006, 12:25:06 AM
Hey, he'd do it ALOT better than Rusell Crowe would have. That rumour made me feel so dirty.
 Jan 8 2006, 12:12:40 AM
A surprisingly large number of DRAMATIC operatic voices use what could be described (arguably) as a belt technique, with an added vibrato. The wonderful Leo Nucci is notorious for it, and Placido Domingo has been known to use a forceful forward placement when he wants some oomf on the big notes. There is no one "right" classical technique. In fact, you will find there are a plethora of different, often conflicting theories on correct vocal production, many of which are legitimate and work differ
re: Question about healthy singing.
 Jan 3 2006, 08:15:13 PM
yeah, i definately agree. Maybe you're constricting on the F#s because you're afraid of them cause they are very high for you, like you say? Alot of young singers tend to do that.
I would definately advise dropping the key a tone if you are going to be doing that song at all. IMO, a song with several F#s in it is not suited for a developing baritone voice, and you could be doing some real damage.
What is the pain like, where do you feel it?

re: GUILTY PLEASURES....
 Dec 16 2005, 10:19:49 PM
i love Jekyll and Hyde....yeah, i know.
re: FUNNIEST SHAKESPEAREAN MONOLOGUE?
 Nov 15 2005, 04:57:32 AM
Benedick's mononlogue is HILARIOUS if done well. Much Ado is gold.
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 15 2005, 02:30:25 AM
I am sick of hearing the name Sondheim on this board.

eg.
Even Sondheim....blah blah blah
He's no Sondheim...blah blah blah
Sondheim is the best...blah blah blah

I don't think he is the be all and end all in musical theatre. Give it a rest.

re: Lets Brag About The CHICAGO Movie..
 Nov 13 2005, 03:51:21 AM
"Not to be negative, cause I loved Chicago, but that Oscar belonged to The Pianist. Just goes to show that the Oscars are outdated and out of touch. "

Carl Magnum, you have to be kidding! The Pianist was one of the most overrated films in recent years. Chicago hit the mark. It made the movie musical cool...for a while, at least.

When was the last time before Chicago that a movie musical won Best Picture?

re: Do they really go the full monty???
 Nov 11 2005, 09:14:36 PM
Nudity in R&H.....WA?!
re: Act 1 vs. Act 2
 Nov 8 2005, 06:34:40 AM
First act of The Scarlet Pimpernel is fun, swashbuckling and funny. But the second act is almost ludicrously weak, with one of the laziest, most non-sensical endings i have ever seen in theatre.
re: Worst Worst Musical
 Nov 8 2005, 05:26:56 AM
Does anyone know anything about The Ten Commandments in Hollywood, starring Val Kilmer?
re: name a show no one knows
 Nov 3 2005, 01:25:45 AM
"Anyone ever heard of this.
"Trial By Jury" this was an opera written by a very famous pair of composers.
Their next opera after this was "The Sorcerer"
Can anyone tell me which pair of composers wrote it? "

Gilbert and Sullivan, but before Trial they wrote Thespis together.

re: JOSEPH questions
 Nov 3 2005, 01:15:18 AM
We did it at my school this year. I was Reuben and the Butler, and i sang canaan days and one more angel in heaven. Judah sang Benjamin Calypso and played the Baker. Napthali played the Pharoh. He had one hell of a costume change between his scene and Canaan Days, but he made it every time. The brothers also doubled as the guards. It's a show that works well very easily.
re: What are some good songs about Forbidden Relationships?
 Oct 24 2005, 03:04:04 AM
"There Was a Time" - The Gondoliers
re: Sexual oriented music
 Oct 3 2005, 09:42:47 PM
Hello Little Girl is genius.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You