News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PrettyBoy

PrettyBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: PrettyBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Something'- A Satirical Response to Patti Lupone in Gypsy
 Apr 9 2008, 09:26:37 AM
Curtain Pull Downer knows the truth hurts, he has to look in the mirror every day.
re: Is Lupone Tony Bound?
 Apr 9 2008, 09:08:49 AM
BertAndrew, wherever you are, everyone owes you an apology. A Director is a considerably bigger moron than you.
re: City Centers Damn Yankees Casting?
 Apr 7 2008, 03:51:50 PM
City Center always floats big rumors as they try to entice major mainstream stars...

Then they cast Karen Ziemba.

Anyone else disappointed in choice of DAMN YANKEES for Encores?
 Apr 7 2008, 03:49:28 PM
Like the fact that we pretty much could care less who's in this proves it's the wrong choice. Wasn't their mission something like "stars in roles they were born to play"?

I was hoping for something like Funny Girl, Mame or Dolly...

re: LuPone & Benanti pull out of Sondheim Concert....expect official announ
 Apr 6 2008, 11:45:02 PM
Paging Donna and Sutton...
re: Is Lupone Tony Bound?
 Apr 6 2008, 11:30:27 PM
Ze Emcee, you've forced me to take a break from Patti love/Curtain Downer hatred to defend Bernadette in Sunday...

I loved Jenna and the new production, but come on. Bernadette is one of the few Broadway performers of recent decades in Patti's league and Dot was her best performance. Have you watched that video? How can you like the show at all and not like Bernadette in it? Jenna is nothing if not, a slightly less special, less interesting version of Bernadette's definitive performan

re: WOW: GYPSY's 2-page Times ad
 Apr 6 2008, 09:51:40 AM
Come on, you guys. Be nice to A Director and BertAndrew. At least they're not a bad as Curtain Pull Downer - that guy SUCKS!!
re: WOW: GYPSY's 2-page Times ad
 Apr 5 2008, 08:13:22 PM
"A Director," I love seeing naysayers like you pathetically scrambling to sneer at this undeniable triumph.

It's fabulous that there are only quotes about Patti - GYPSY is not an ensemble show like COMPANY or even SWEENEY TODD. A production only succeeds or fails on the merits of its Rose.

A 2 page NYT ad is most certainly not for Patti's ego. Producers don't shell out that kind of money for any reason other than to sell tickets. The point of this ad is to display the ple

TO HELL AND BACK: "LuPone turned in an utterly convincing, touchingly nuanced performance"
 Nov 6 2006, 07:07:52 PM
"As Anne, LuPone applied her considerable skills as one of Broadway's great singing actresses and turned in an utterly convincing, touchingly nuanced performance."

I think the bad review in the Chronicle is just the result of academic music critics covering something conceived more outside the box.

re: PATTI AT RAVINIA - please post reviews here
 Aug 16 2006, 08:58:40 AM
Bump it with a trumpet!
re: Bernadette as Mame???
 Aug 1 2006, 09:47:49 AM
Yeah, I think it was the play Lincoln saw.

PalJoey must be confusing all the productions he's seen...

Natalie Joy Johnson at Ars Nova last night
 Aug 1 2006, 09:45:17 AM
Did anyone see the show? I caught it last week - amAHzing! (thanks, Seth...)

DYING to know how it went last night.

re: Natalie Joy Johnson's website
 Jul 12 2006, 01:56:55 PM
Yeah, it's cool and I'm so going to Ars Nova. Do you know what she's going to sing?
Natalie's set list
 Feb 2 2006, 10:58:51 AM
Oh, God - it was so amazing. I hope I get it all right. She stopped the show like ten times and got two standing ovations.

They Call It Stormy Monday
Fancy
Moondance
I'm Your Baby Tonight
Ribbons Down My Back
You Love Me
I Had Myself A True Love
some REALLY funny song about shooting guy who's dumped her (kind of sounds like an East Village version of The Boy From...)
that Michael Jackson song "Annie, are you okay?"
some ballad, I think original - go

re: Plugged! With Poppi Kramer Tonight Natalie Joy Johnson!
 Dec 27 2005, 10:20:50 AM
what is she gonna sing?
Altar Boy Ryan Duncan on VH-1
 Dec 27 2005, 10:19:37 AM
their Celeb-reality commercial... is it him?
And the others look like Bway peeps too, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Anyone seen the Avenue 2 commercials for the news?
 Oct 6 2005, 10:26:58 AM
So cute! I was at the gym and I got all happy.
'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
 Sep 11 2005, 01:28:05 PM
If you want to pick on the JOY producers, let's talk about their shameless plugging of the Dell Dude!

re: John Lloyd Young to Star as Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys on Broadway -
 Jul 13 2005, 09:09:54 AM
I have had a crush on John Lloyd Young ever since I saw him kicking ass in the chorus of McCarter Theatre's Christmas Carol a million years ago. He is a genius.
Lance Horne at Joe's Pub
 Jun 1 2005, 03:51:01 PM
Anyone see it? I'm going to the Dominion show either this Friday or Saturday.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You