pixeltracker

JOY - "pay what you can" Sept. 11th

JOY - "pay what you can" Sept. 11th

benrimalower
#0JOY - "pay what you can" Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/10/05 at 7:56pm

Feel the Joy Downtown...
Commemorate this Sunday, September 11th with "JOY" at The Actor's Playhouse.

Both the 3pm and 7pm performances will be special "pay what
you can" performances, with 50% of all proceeds benefiting the victims of September 11th and Hurricane Katrina.

for more show information, visit www.joytheplay.com

Come see why JOY was a Village Voice "pick" this week and help support these important causes on this important day - for whatever you can afford. Tickets available at the Box Office.

Official JOY website

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#1re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/10/05 at 8:06pm

That is such a sweet idea
If I could go I definately would

EvrybodyLuvsLouis
#2re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/11/05 at 12:27pm

No offense, but I think it's kind of gross to use a national tragedy to market a play, even if you give away the money.

Adam Rosen
#3'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/11/05 at 1:17pm

What an ignorant thing to say. Producing theatre is hard - what's wrong with producers helping charitable causes in a way that promotes their work? And, furthermore, anything which allows us to "pay what [we] can" for theatre is good.
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 01:17 PM

PrettyBoy Profile Photo
PrettyBoy
#4'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/11/05 at 1:28pm

If you want to pick on the JOY producers, let's talk about their shameless plugging of the Dell Dude!
Updated On: 5/30/08 at 01:28 PM

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#5re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/11/05 at 2:03pm

not a good entrance newbie.........we go by first impressions here, as most do in life....and your comment Louis is REALLY a bad impression

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

EvrybodyLuvsLouis
#6re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/11/05 at 3:48pm

I don't know what everyone is getting so defensive about - I'm not saying the producers are bad people. I'm just stating my opinion that it's gross to capitalize on a national tragedy as a means to market a show. Maybe gross behavior is just part of producing, I don't know...

MichaelCassara Profile Photo
MichaelCassara
#7re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:33am

Giving away 50% of one's profits, and offering *every* member of the community a chance to see a show, while staying comfortable within their own budget, is deemed "gross behavior"?

I'm not following...

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#8re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:45am

I'd actually like to see this before it closes, Michael Busillo is always a fun and talented performer to watch. And I agree with Mr. Cassara, if the promotion benefits a needed cause and opens the doors to a wider audience, it can't be a bad thing.

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#9re: JOY - 'pay what you can' Sept. 11th
Posted: 9/14/05 at 9:55am

First of all it's not a marketing ploy...they are donating some of their revenue for a good cause. Lots of companies are doing the same thing business-wise. AND I saw the show this past Saturday and it's wonderful!

Videos