News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emo_geek

emo_geek Profile Photo
Member Name: emo_geek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Apr 2 2024, 10:04:37 PM

Caught the final performance, and I enjoyed it very much! Everyone gave great performances, and Idina sounded great. During curtain call she got emotional and thanked the staff, and hinted the show would live again somewhere else. 

The Life & Slimes of Marc Summers  Mar 12 2024, 09:38:26 PM

I hope he takes it to LA. Anyone hear anything? 

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 28 2024, 07:30:16 PM

Thanks for the info! Are front row seats a problem? Will they be able to take in all the projections? 

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 23 2024, 11:54:34 AM

Interesting that Harry Potter will be at the Pantages for 4 months. I wonder if longer runs are required due to the special effects? 

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 23 2024, 11:27:17 AM

Ah yes- & Juliet and Parade are a given for Ahmanson 

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 23 2024, 11:20:34 AM

WOW- Pantages has a great season. I am sure Parade will go to the Ahmanson. It was already successfully produced by them a long time ago. 

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Feb 18 2024, 05:07:26 PM

Saw it last night, and there was an overture. 

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 17 2024, 05:38:52 PM

Any recommendations for where to have dinner before the show? 

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 16 2024, 08:44:54 PM

Has anyone seen it yet? I have closing night tickets and I can't wait to hear what people think.

CTG LA to present A Strange Loop, Funny Girl, and more for 23-24  Jul 24 2023, 07:34:39 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling- A yes or a no would have been fine

CTG LA to present A Strange Loop, Funny Girl, and more for 23-24  Jul 24 2023, 07:21:27 PM

It is a very weak season. Is the Funny Girl tour non-equity?

Los Angeles Touring Shows: Dolby Theatre  Mar 5 2020, 01:30:46 PM

This week I attended Escape to Margaritaville at the Dolby Theatre. This was Broadway in Hollywood's first show at the theatre, as the Pantages prepares for the sit down production of Hamilton. 

I won't comment on what I thought of Margaritaville- but I will comment on the theatre. I was disappointed in many aspects of it. The sight-lines are terrible in the theatre, as the stage is simply too big. They had speaker towers on stage placed in a way that it caused many s

Sondheim disco album to be released by Bway Records, 3/20  Mar 5 2020, 12:07:29 PM

I'm so excited for this.

Alice ripely stage door  Mar 5 2020, 12:05:36 PM

At the height of her N2N run, she would not do photos. However, if you waited for the crowd to thin out she would start to allow photos. She was very sweet. 

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 4 2020, 03:02:34 PM

Fairly pleased with the Pantages/Dolby season.

I'm surprised Hairspray isn't at the Pantages/Dolby. Perhaps it will be an add on? If not, I hope it goes to the Ahmanson. 

Wasn't Avenue Q suppose to tour? 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 4 2019, 11:22:54 AM

chelseaburnside said: "Going to a screening this weekend in Pasadena! Very excited - will report back."

This has kept me up all night- so I have to ask. How does one get tickets to this? 

An Evening with Rita Moreno- Los Angeles 11/09  Nov 11 2019, 11:29:46 AM

So happy I went! She was in great form and gave us a wonderful show. She's a captivating story teller and chose great songs (not that I can remember the set list). The audience was packed with Hollywood legends and smart fans who got tickets early enough. I would see her again should the opportunity present itself! 

An Evening with Rita Moreno- Los Angeles 11/09  Nov 7 2019, 12:44:09 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Will this come to New York?"

Seems to be her one woman show that presenters can book. 

An Evening with Rita Moreno- Los Angeles 11/09  Nov 6 2019, 01:44:14 PM

Is anyone else attending An Evening with Rita Moreno this Saturday in Los Angeles? I'm happy to see the show is sold out in their main theatre. If not, has anyone seen her solo show recently and could share any insight into what to expect? I'm looking forward to it! 

Stephanie J  Oct 25 2019, 06:35:37 PM

Popular said: "emo_geek said: "I've always (selfishly) found it odd she doesn't do more concerts in the Southern California area since she lived there for so long. COME PLEASE!"

She is scheduled forSan Francisco in May.
"

Hey Popular! Getting closer but I want SOUTHERN California

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You