News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jbp1232

jbp1232 Profile Photo
Member Name: jbp1232
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 18 2023, 11:33:51 AM

dotseurat2 said: "I feel like I might have done this before, but just in case- has anyone added a ticket to an order at a later time and still sat together as a group? Is that contingent on box office? Thanks"

I bought two tickets about a week apart for Leopoldstadt and we were seated together (center orchestra row N). 

Pi / Akimbo / Leopold  Mar 12 2023, 05:12:06 PM

Is Brandon Uranowitz remaining with the production or have any scheduled vacations coming up? I have tickets for next week and really wanted to see him in it!

LEOPOLDSTADT Reviews  Oct 31 2022, 03:44:44 PM

Did Leopoldstadt ever officially announce an extension? Telecharge is selling tickets March 12.

ASL Extreme Side Tickets  Aug 2 2022, 12:43:49 PM

I also sat in PV orchestra row E for my first (and only time so far). I was great. Despite missing a thought box, I don't feel like I missed anything.

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 27 2022, 12:15:07 PM

sppunk said: "Any issues with extreme sides in the mezzanine? B has three seats for $50 cheaper and I can’t imagine they are obstructed."

I saw some pretty obstructed view posts from TikTok, but this was the far side of the balcony not mezz.

https://www.tiktok.com/@dramafiendspod/video/7121182681802607918?_t=8UKy3q1luUl&_r=1

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 27 2022, 09:36:30 AM

Has anyone sat in the front left orchestra? They have Row B seats for $79 listed as partial view next to $299 full view seats so I was wondering how partial they mean by partial view? I generally don't mind a partial view seat but I don't want a completely obstructed view if I can avoid it. 

Music Man Rush Line.  May 9 2022, 12:57:27 PM

Rushed on Sunday 5/8. The first person got there around 5:30, second 6:15, then 3-6 all showed up right at 7:15. Then a steady trickle after 8:15. It was mother's day and raining at first so maybe quieter because of that. Seats were partial view front side orchestra. 

Music Man Rush Line.  May 7 2022, 04:53:52 PM

Any recent rush experiences? Do you need to arrive earlier than 6 or is 6 generally safe? 

TAKE ME OUT Previews  Apr 25 2022, 03:12:50 PM

I'm looking at seats and there's partial view seats (right next to premium) in the side orchestra (Orchestra E6). Does anyone know how much of the stage is obstructed?

PARADISE SQUARE Chicago Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews  Nov 10 2021, 12:01:05 PM

I saw a preview last week and I agree with everything gingersnap2 said. This show has potential, but need significant revisions, not small tweaks. Right now the biggest problem is that the show simply hasn't decided what it's about. It wasn't until Act II when you really start to figure out who we care about and what the plot is going to be at all. That's not to say that things don't happen in Act I, but there's no forward momentum. For me this started with the opening

HADESTOWN will return on September 2  Jun 1 2021, 10:06:23 AM
The code is just AMEX
If YA Books Were Musicals . . .  Oct 31 2020, 11:45:39 AM

I just wanna put my two cents in that Love Simon would translate so well to a musical.

Not YA, but I also feel like in the right hands Room could be a really powerful and understated musical. I'm thinking reuniting Jeanine Tesori and Lisa Kron for this one. 

Discount Codes  Sep 3 2019, 02:37:04 PM

Not a discount code, but Hadestown tickets for 2/26 are much, much lower than any other date. $164 for premium center orchestra, $84 for side orchestra,  $76 for front mezzanine. There are still quiet a few seats still available too. 

If you could see any 8 shows in one week...  Jun 29 2019, 01:43:25 AM
1) OBC Sunday in the Park
2) OBC Fun Home (I missed Sydney Lucas)
3) OBC Hadestown
4) Pippin Revival
5) A Little Night Music (Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch)
6) Falsettos Revival
7) OBC Ragtime
8) OBC Bright Star (really sad I missed that one)

Songs That Sound An Awful Lot Like Other Songs  Jun 11 2019, 10:57:51 PM

Not exactly what you're going for here, but the chime notification on iPhone always sounds like the start of Old Friends from Merrily we roll along to me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1SeVASNM8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ZeYu434sA

Funniest song in 2018-19 season  Jun 11 2019, 10:17:17 PM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

The Fooling from Gary

Rate the 2019 Tony Performances  Jun 11 2019, 02:13:56 PM

1. Oklahoma: A. Despite *hating* this production, I thought this performance was fantastic. Although that's partially because everyone besides Rebecca Naomi Jones seemed to sing the title song completely differently than they do in the show. 

2. Hadestown: A-. I think this was the wrong number to choose, but it was still gorgeous. I wish they had gone with Way Down Hadestown instead and given more spotlight to Amber.

What were your biggest theatrical disappointments of the season...  Jun 6 2019, 08:01:04 AM
I was definitely most disappointed by Oklahoma! I went into so excited for this reimagining and convinced I was going to love it. I did not.

I was most surprised by Gary. I went in only to see Nathan Lane but the entire show and cast blew me away. I’ve never laughed that hard.

Funniest Performances You've Ever Seen Onstage  Jun 5 2019, 09:52:21 AM

Julie White in GARY

Katie Finneran in COMPANY (New York Philharmonic Concert)

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 21 2019, 12:52:12 PM

Big Fish

Bright Star

Head over Heels

Finding Neverland

Revivals:

Carousel (2018 O'Brien)

Sweeney Todd (2005 Doyle)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You