News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Footlight Parade

Member Name: Footlight Parade
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Michael Jackson musical...new documentary
 Mar 5 2019, 09:13:51 PM

The documentary is being screened on Australian Television this Friday/Saturday. There have already been two one hour shows including the local Sixty Minutes ....which exposed a lot of things that l can’t talk about here. I think it will definitely have some negative effect in regard to his respect and possibly box office sales. 

The local shows interviewed other individuals who claim abuse. They also interviewed Jermaine Jackson.. who when questioned about the allegations r

Great West End Musicals
 Feb 15 2019, 05:42:11 PM

Barmitzvah Boy (Don Black/Jule Styne), Songbook

Great West End Musicals
 Feb 15 2019, 05:35:45 PM

The score for Matilda was written by  Australian Tim Minchin. Add Half A Sixpence and Charlie Girl to the list.

Gypsy Who Should Play Herbie & Uncle Jocko ?
 Feb 14 2019, 06:53:58 PM

This is off topic..however it is about GYPSY. I recently read Arthur Laurents book...in it he told a little about what the real Rose was like. Firstly in real life there was no 'Herbie'. The scene in the hotel room where there are 5 boys..with the hotel manager ... in real life she pushed the hotel manager out of the window where he fell to his death. She claimed it was self defense . When Gypsy was a success Rose and Gypsy held Lesbian parties where they charged admission. Late in he

ALL ABOUT EVE in the West End
 Feb 14 2019, 06:40:15 PM

Universally bad reviews.

Joe Allen Question
 Feb 14 2019, 06:29:54 PM

The good thing about Joe Allen's is you never know who you might see there....after a show.

THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG Actors Fund
 Feb 11 2019, 09:33:57 PM

I'd be interested to hear impressions of the night from anyone who went, please.

Muriel's Wedding the Musical
 Feb 11 2019, 09:30:05 PM

After the Sydney season last year the show went back into workshop. The production opening in Melbourne in March has some new cast members and has been partly rewritten.

Love Never Dies tour
 Feb 7 2019, 06:51:45 PM

SHOW NEVER SELLS was what the front of house staff called it. Yes I'd agree with a limited engagement...it would sell to the diehard PHANTOM fans. Another story about when the show premiered in Melbourne. Andrew Lloyd Webber's name was incorrectly spelled and all programs had to be recalled.

Feb 7 2019, 06:44:38 PM

I believe that Hal Shane did the whole Broadway run of the show...all 1082 performances.

Feb 7 2019, 01:28:20 AM

Are they having the 'Voices" in the concert version? Two of the girls that played the original show were Donna Murphy and Debbie Shapiro. I appeared in the Australian production as one of Vernon's boys...our Sonia is now two time Oscar nominee Jacki Weaver.

Company London
 Feb 7 2019, 01:23:13 AM

I saw in in London in October. Hated it. If you like seeing Bobbie played as a borderline alcoholic...who throws up into a bucket (while Patti LuPone holds her hair back)  during Side By Side you might like it.. Getting Married Today...an "angel" (soprano) comes up through a trap...then decends only to re-emerge to sing her next part of Not Getting Married Today through a refrigerator...ugh. Another Hundred People...two trucks come on from each wing...they are train carriages .

Love Never Dies tour
 Feb 7 2019, 01:00:53 AM

LOVE NEVER DIES premiered in Melbourne Australia decades ago. It's that production that is seen on the DVD. The show has never worked or been a drawcard. It had a nickname SHOW NEVER SELLS.

GYPSY Film Happening
 Feb 7 2019, 12:57:35 AM

This won't happen, and even if it does the press reports read as though it will have a different script, not like the stage show. The Bette Midler GYPSY didn't change a word. The Rosalind Russell movie rewrote the stage script and it stunk. Russell didn't even do her own singing (contrary to what she said in her autobiography). It was Broadway name Lisa Kirk (MACK AND MABEL) that did it all.

Recommendations for London trip in March?
 Jan 22 2019, 12:40:37 AM

Definitely EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE. I found COMPANY disappointing.. they've played around with it too much, like in Side By Side where Bobbie has had too much to drink and vomits into a plastic bucket. Still, Patti is there. Would also suggest TINA and maybe 9 To 5..while it's still fresh. Avoid MOTOWN ...while the music is good the book is dire.

See Kensington Palace...it's pretty fabulous...it has Diana's clothes and then go and have tea and scones in t

Bette Midler, Sharon Stone to star in "Allergist's Wife" movie
 Feb 15 2018, 11:32:37 PM

Mike66..I'd say there would/could be a fair bit of re-writing before it hits the screen.

BETTEy buckley in HELLO, DOLLY!
 Feb 15 2018, 11:29:39 PM

I've heard that mentioned a few times (by insiders) so your left nut is safe.

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread
 Feb 14 2018, 11:44:44 PM

No matter how good she maybe .... there will be a dip in the Box Office as she isn't as well known/loved as Bette Midler is to international tourists. Sure she'll do well intially...but once the domestic following dies down how will she sell? I can't see too many people crossing the Atlantic or the Pacific Oceans to see her as they did for Midler.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You