News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway.Melody

Broadway.Melody Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway.Melody
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patti LuPone Speaks Her Mind
 Apr 11 2018, 12:47:50 PM

I'm not quite "getting' her position of opposing movie actors on the stage. Does she mean she she prefers that television actors be relegated to television, movie actors be relegated to movies and stage actors be relegated to the stage? Because of that's the case maybe she should consider relegating herself to the stage and never accept another television or movie gig.

Her "logic" is unrealistic and unreasonable.

Remembering THE EDUCATION OF H*Y*M*A*N K*A*P*L*A*N 50 Years Later
 Apr 6 2018, 02:15:20 PM

The show had the great misfortune of opening on the night that the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. The audience members (and the company) learned of it during the show's intermission. 

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread
 Apr 3 2018, 01:14:03 AM

NBC is going to push Brandon Victor Dixon for Emmy Award consideration.

But a respected theater vet like Dixon in an emotionally complex and theatrically showy role like Judas could be a force to be reckoned with for Best Movie/Mini Actor, where NBC is currently planning to campaign him.

I found the information in an article written on goldderby.com

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Apr 2 2018, 03:23:58 PM

I don't understand the motive for a thread like this. In the end doesn't it just boil down to someone's opinion/personal taste? This smacks of creating dissension and divisiveness by giving the opportunity for someone to put down someone else's favorite show. 

I've read some of it and it's not even a discussion. For the most part it's people trying to one up and put down each other for their preferences. 

Very disheartening to say

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread
 Apr 2 2018, 03:04:31 PM

I believe the reason the whole recording isn't available yet is that they are still working on it (e.g.: mixing, post production work, etc.) The tracks they have released so far were probably completed first as they are (1) four of the most popular ones and (2) as a teaser in anticipation of the live broadcast. It's actually a great strategy from a business stand point. It builds up demand for the complete, finished product.

Next NBC Live Musical
 Apr 2 2018, 02:59:20 PM

AKarp2013 said: "Unless a Broadway revival is currently in the works, I would love to seeDreamgirlshave this kind of treatment."

That's an absolutely great idea! DREAMGIRLS would definitely work. The original Michael Bennett staging lends itself to this kind of treatment. If they execute it in that fashion and make it a concert experience a la JCS. It also lends itself to casting some very big mainstream music names. It could wind up being a ma

Next NBC Live Musical
 Apr 2 2018, 02:53:50 PM

The musicals done on television so far that have fared the best and have received positive audience and critical responses have been those shows that have been rock-based: GREASE, HAIRSPRAY and now JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR. The traditional Broadway ones haven't save for THE SOUND OF MUSIC, but I attribute that success more to the fact of it's recognizability and it being the first one done so the curiosity factor was high. THE WIZ and PETER PAN were dismal misfires in my opinion. GREASE

Next NBC Live Musical
 Apr 2 2018, 02:46:17 PM

I hope NBC drops the idea of doing BYE BYE BIRDIE. It will come off as absolutely archaic after what they've accomplished last night. 

FIRST LOOK: Oscar winner Renee Zellweger as Judy Garland in JUDY
 Mar 21 2018, 02:10:18 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Judy Davis as the older Judy Garland in the 2001 ABC TV movie adaptation of Lorna Luft's autobiography LIFE WITH JUDY GARLAND: ME AND MY SHADOWS.

"

I do love this tele-film and Davis' performance. There was only one mis-step in it for me. They should have continued to let Tammy Blanchard play Judy up until maybe the 1954 period of "A Star is Born" and then let Davis take over from there. Davis looks way too old playing 1940's Judy, especially Judy filming "Meet Me in St. Louis". 

NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
 Mar 6 2018, 12:01:30 PM

I had to hold back tears as I was reading this horrific story on the train en route to work this morning. God bless Ruthie Ann and Lauren Lew, their families and those two precious angels who robbed of their lives due to one person's senseless act of negligence.

Riedel on Chess coming to Broadway
 Feb 21 2018, 01:25:34 PM

I love the original concept album - I am not a huge fan of the 1986 Broadway re-working.

I agree with everything QueenAlice wrote.

None of the re-writes and re-imagining of the material were/are necessary.

I wish they would go back to the original vision of the show. 

Who Sang The
 Feb 21 2018, 12:11:35 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I always say “Roses and Normas are like pizza to me. Even when it’s bad I still like it.” I find Rose such a great character that I usually find something to appreciate in each take. I haven’t seen them all but I wept during Patti’s, I held my breath and clutched my pearls during Bernadette’s and was confused during Staunton’s (with hers I felt like I was seeing all the technique and choices and it took me out. That being sa

So...is Broadway not dimming its lights for Jan Maxwell
 Feb 21 2018, 11:50:28 AM

It is disheartening that all the theaters aren't dimming their lights.

What time will they be doing this?

I want to stand in front of the Marquis when it happens.

It is where I saw Jan Maxwell as "Phyllis Rogers Stone" in Follies.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You