News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for defygravity2

defygravity2 Profile Photo
Member Name: defygravity2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Los Angeles - Last 5 Years  Jun 29 2019, 12:00:56 AM

I agree with the posts above. This was my FAVORITE production I have ever seen of TL5Y (and I have seen quite a few!). This is a 'holy grail' of shows for me, and this company actually honored this piece of art in a way that it truly deserves. The tiny theater and theater in the round stage made for the most intimate and emotional theater experience I have ever had. Both actors were SUPER strong...it's always a challenge (it's a challenge) to find a strong Jamie and

Dear Evan Hansen national tour cast  Jan 4 2019, 11:40:08 AM

Just saw DEH for the 5th time last night in Costa Mesa, and have been able to enjoy three different Evans over the course of the past couple years. Of course, Ben Platt is in a league of his own, but I was pleasantly surprised by the alternate Evan, Stephen Christopher Anthony! He plays Evan more understated than Ben Levi Ross---not good or bad...just different. (I actually preferred it). His vocals were strong last night. Saw an understudy for Heidi, and I wasn't a fan...she played Heidi

Dear Evan Hansen national tour cast  Oct 18 2018, 03:52:02 AM

Saw opening night tonight in LA, and liked it! The Ahmanson theater is my least favorite theater venue in LA, and I was worried this show would be swallowed up in such a large venue. Aside from some rough sound mixing (some voices were louder than others), the show was good. I saw the OBC cast in NY and had standing room seats, so it was nice to see the entire projection screens from the Ahmanson balcony. I won't compare the OBC with the touring cast, but this cast is strong, an

HAMILTON National Tour  May 17 2018, 08:36:16 PM

I saw it Sunday night (Mother's Day) in Costa Mesa. Hamilton was played by Wonza Johnson, and I didn't realize until the curtain call that it was his FIRST performance...I saw the cast's reaction to him during the final bows, and then verified with the sound tech that it was actually his first performance as A. Ham. He did a GREAT job (only messed up a line in The Election of 1800 that I noticed). Shoba Narayan as Eliza was the highlight of this cast for me...she was fantastic!

I saw Ryan Vasquez in LA, and he was great! I saw Jevon McFerrin's 2nd performance in NYC...I've missed Michael Luwoye on both the East and West coast....maybe someday he will stop avoiding me.  

HAMILTON National Tour  May 17 2018, 04:00:03 PM

I saw both the Angelica tour in LA and the Philip tour in Costa Mesa, and I thought the Angelica tour cast was FAR superior (but I saw the Hamilton and Angelica understudies in both cities). I also saw the NY production in January 2017, and the Angelica tour was even better than the NY replacement cast IMHO (again, I saw a Hamilton understudy in NY...I'm 0/3 on seeing the Hamilton that  I was hoping to see). Most of my favorites in the Angelica tour have moved on,

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Mar 18 2018, 10:24:37 PM

The new Hamilton/Dear Evan Hansen mashup is amazing!! 

Hamilton LA  Dec 18 2017, 10:23:12 PM

Any lottery winners for tomorrow night out there? I am now 0-111 on my lottery luck....I was hoping for a little luck since there were going to be over 2,000 lottery tickets for tomorrow night's show. Does anyone know how many lottery entries there are on average with the tour? Congrats to all who won!

Quieting tap shoes onstage  Nov 24 2017, 09:45:14 PM

I have no first-hand knowledge of an answer to your question, but I did notice in Something Rotten that the dancers removed a 'sleeve' (my word) that was over the front of their shoes right before a big tap number. 

SOMETHING ROTTEN! National Tour Thread  Nov 18 2017, 12:07:58 PM

Saw this last night from the balcony in the monstrosity that is Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa....not an ideal venue to see a show (which is why I prefer the 1-2 hour drive to LA). I absolutely LOVED the show, and this touring cast is beyond FANTASTIC! I honestly have never laughed throughout a show as much as I did last night. Adam Pascal did not disappoint, and the rest of the cast was strong! It closes in OC tomorrow, but recommend seeing this cast if you get a chance! 

re: Davis Gaines.......He's so hot and talented...why isn't he world famous  Nov 15 2017, 11:17:28 PM

This thread is cracking me up....funny how it resurfaced! I saw him log ago in Phantom, and this past year, I saw him in productions in Long Beach in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Evita. He was good in both shows. I saw the OBC of DRS, so there was no comparison....he was no John Lithgow, but I did enjoy his performance. 

Hamilton LA  Oct 14 2017, 03:33:52 PM

Yesterday morning I drove 2 hours up to the Pantages and parked my chair in front of the theater at 8:30am...nobody joined in the line before the box office opened (apparently, the early line isn't a thing in LA...who knew?). At 10:00 the box office opened, and there were 4 random single seats available for $401 each. I inquired about what time unclaimed lottery seats would be released, and the box office guy said that 'there aren't any unclaimed lottery tickets' (not sure if he meant for yesterday or if they just make them a cancellation seat).  He said that cancellation tickets don't usually get released until a couple hours before showtime, and that premium seats are usually sold for $250-$401. He also said that there were only 3 premium seats released the day before, but since I was first in line, I had a good chance of getting in because I was willing to wait. I passed on those seat choices and hunkered down ready to wait for the next nine hours. Fifteen minutes later, he called me over and said he had 2 left center 6th row seats available for $398 each. It was more than I wanted to pay, BUT the seats were too good to pass up, AND the thought of not having to sit for 9 hours and not be guaranteed cheaper/better seats made my decision easier.  So I was all done by 10:25 am, and we had amazing seats for much cheaper than I would have found on StubHub.

Unfortunately, I saw Michael Luwoye's tweet at noon that he was not going to be Hamilton for the night...to say I was bummed would be a major understatement...he was the main reason I chose yesterday to drive up and buy tickets! I missed him in NY and now in LA, and I will just have to win that dang lottery to try to see him before he leaves (I hope he is feeling better soon). That being said, the touring cast was INCREDIBLE! I saw Hamilton in NY back in January, and I must say that I enjoyed the touring cast even more than the Broadway cast. Every cast member was strong....I cannot speak highly enough of the talent that is on that stage every second of the show! I didn't expect to discover any new thing about the music of this show, but I had several aha moments based on how these actors portrayed the characters.....simply stunning! Go see this incredible cast before they leave LA....you won't regret it!  

Hamilton LA  Oct 8 2017, 06:36:33 PM

Jordyn...thanks for that...what great prices! I am being super picky and want to see Michael as A.Ham, and someone told me he has Sundays off. I really appreciate the price update...I'll keep checking!

Hamilton LA  Oct 8 2017, 06:33:44 PM

^^ That will be a great seat to see the show! Being in the center, front mezzanine should be fantastic...I think the mezzanine hangs over Row T of the orchestra section in the Pantages (not as close a the mezzanine in the RR in NYC, but still not too far away). Enjoy the show!

Hamilton LA  Oct 8 2017, 10:30:44 AM

I am 0-50 on the LA lottery, but I have seen people post on Twitter their winning lottery seats. I have seen Row A and Row C seats posted. I am still wondering about the cancellation line, so if anyone has info, please let me know. Id love to keep the price below $300 per ticket, and SH and TM prices are far above that for the seats I want.

Hamilton LA  Sep 2 2017, 02:13:43 PM

I have been watching the prices on Stub Hub drop close to curtain time...so that would be another option for me. In NY, you have to print out tickets...does the Pantages take electronic tickets?

Hamilton LA  Sep 2 2017, 01:51:14 PM

Does anyone know how the cancellation line has been in LA lately? With my crappy lottery (non) luck, looks like I am going to make the drive and camp out for cancellation tickets. If I can wait 9 hours in the snow for NY cast, I can surely hang out for an extended time in front of the Pantages. I know the first rule of line waiting is not talking about what time to get in line to wait, but I am just wondering if anybody has a ball park idea of when to get there....midnight? 6 am? anyone? anyo

Hamilton LA  Aug 12 2017, 01:34:01 PM

Awesome...thank you, Bear88!!!

Hamilton LA  Aug 12 2017, 12:47:55 PM

Entered and crossing my fingers for tomorrow's lotteries. Does anyone have any knowledge of the tour's show schedule? I would love to see Michael and Joshua, but am not sure if they have scheduled days/performances off. I know there are no guarantees, actors get sick, actors need vacations/time off, but I will be making as many trips up to LA as I can (don't tell my hubby) to see this show. I waited 9 hours in a snowstorm to see it in NYC, so LA will be a piece of cake.  Any knowledge of schedules is greatly appreciated!

Ben Platt Meeting Experience  Jul 27 2017, 01:32:52 PM

DearSarahH, although I have no Broadway acting experience, I have been on these boards long enough to know that trying to meet actors BEFORE a show is a big no no and is very frowned upon. They are normal people going to do their job, and it is important to respect their privacy while they are going to work. If they choose to come out and stage door after a show, that is the time to meet them. 

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?  Jul 19 2017, 11:22:45 PM

Ben tweeted about a service dog crying before the last chord of the show. (Sorry, I am too dumb to know how to insert actual tweet link here). In his words, "No other reaction matters."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You