News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MarkinTex

Member Name: MarkinTex
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Apr 1 2018, 09:01:39 PM
henrikegerman said: "^I'd add that it's bizarre to speak of Webber's scores as an innovation in relation to R&H. MarkinTex, younot only crudely and dismissively trivialize R&H as "cornball," as if Webber were somehow the height of gravitas (seriously?)....but regardless how one feels about Webber, your comment is laughably oblivious to the facts that there were many important musical titansbefore and or during the R&H era (Kern, Gershwin, Porter, Weill, Bernsteinetc.
 Mar 29 2018, 12:00:48 PM
Mister Matt said: "People like to diss on Phantom and Les Mis, but I was around in the 80s and I remember how different and new they were in sound compared to the cornball Rogers and Hammerstein 50s stuff that was still getting regurgitated on stages around the country, the mainstays that were most Americans' idea of musical theatre just 35 years ago.

Starting in the early 60s, contemporary sound was already finding its way to Broadway and by the lat

Mar 28 2018, 05:29:58 PM
I think about what makes certain musicals very popular, outside of New York, or even among dedicated theatre fans, is cast recording albums. Cast recording albums have turned many a teenager whose parents rarely took them to musicals into a lifelong dedicated theatre nerd.

People like to diss on Phantom and Les Mis, but I was around in the 80s and I remember how different and new they were in sound compared to the cornball Rogers and Hammerstein 50s stuff that was still getting regurgi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You