News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amygbrooks

Member Name: amygbrooks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Going to Pass Over tonight!! Any questions about NY Theater Experience Post Covid?  Aug 29 2021, 05:01:06 PM

Thank you for posting about your experience. I don't live in the NY area, but have a trip planned for October after more shows are open. I have some anxiety about my first post-shutdown trip, so I really appreciated your perspective.

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Aug 29 2021, 04:54:20 PM

From a very reliable source inside the production...Jeremy will be with the show at least through the end of the year.

Moving on to my own conjecture...I would be shocked if he stayed beyond that, based on the fact that he historically never stays in shows that long (as mentioned by previous poster). He's pretty open about the fact that he doesn't like spending so much time away from his daughter.

Also, he mentioned during his concert in Kansas City this past Thursday th

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  May 18 2021, 11:58:14 AM

I definitely had major doubts about this movie but I think they did an amazing job with the trailer. I was curious how they would set up the whole story in such a short span but they did a great job. Yes Ben looks older, but his age doesn't ruin the experience for me. Looking forward to the movie!

Musical tourism in middle America - suggestions?  May 4 2021, 01:03:47 PM

Hi All,

I'm collecting ideas for places to visit in middle America (West of the Mississippi River, East of California) that have to do with musicals. For example, the real-life bridges of Madison County, and Music Man Square in Mason City, IA (the inspiration for River City). I hope to be back in New York seeing Broadway shows this Fall, but until then I'd like to scratch the travel itch with some quirky road trips.

Would love to hear your ideas and suggestions!

Seeking Jeremy Jordan ticket for Feb 21 @ 54 Below  Jan 31 2020, 08:20:25 PM

Seeking ONE Jeremy Jordan ticket for Feb 21 @ 54 below. Anyone have an extra??

Burn This Previews  Mar 17 2019, 03:27:57 PM

I was definitely surprised by how funny it was. It seemed like there were more comedic moments than dramatic/heavy ones, which I was not expecting at all based on the promo material.

Spoilers ahead...

For what it's worth I had a hard time buying into the idea that there is all this uncontrollable passion between Pale and Anna. They had a little fling, she was pretty clear all along that it was not serious, and yet it seems like the audience is supposed to believe they are in

Burn This Previews  Mar 16 2019, 11:32:12 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "amygbrooks said: "I saw this tonight. It was my first time at a first preview, and I wasn't familiar with the text beforehand. I am not a theater expert by any means, so please take this with a grain of salt.

That's everything I can think of. Again, I am not expert, this was just my own experience of the show."

Thanks for your report from tonight! You paid your money to see the show and you atte

Burn This Previews  Mar 16 2019, 12:53:02 AM

I saw this tonight. It was my first time at a first preview, and I wasn't familiar with the text beforehand. I am not a theater expert by any means, so please take this with a grain of salt.

It was....interesting. I LOVE Keri Russell, but I am just not sure about her stage presence. I think she might be one of those actors that is just better on film, with more close-up focus on their face and expressions, vs. needing to project the personality and physicality of a character into a

Jeremy Jordan/Seth Rudetsky  Mar 12 2019, 09:18:04 AM

LuPita2 said: "There hasn't been any movement with "In The Light" for close to a year, so I don't think that's it."

That's not true. Per Michael Mott's social media accounts, in just the last six months he's been working on re-writes, they held at least one reading, and met with (according to him) a Tony award-winning producer. And a few weeks ago he teased a "big announcement" about In the Light coming within the next mont

Jeremy Jordan/Seth Rudetsky  Mar 11 2019, 11:47:31 PM

I adore Jeremy, and I built my currently-in-progress Broadway binge trip specifically around this show. I saw him sing live once before (with the Houston Symphony in October 2017), and saw him on Broadway in American Son.

He was charming as ever, and it was definitely exciting that he teased a pending return to Broadway (I'm hoping he was referencing In The Light, the new musical by Michael Mott that he's been attached to for a bit).

On the downside, is singing tonight w

Comedically Misheard Lyrics  Feb 18 2019, 09:42:27 PM

"You could drum a gentle drum

And I could seat guests as they come

Chatting not about Heidegger B'twine..."

...for years I wondered, who is this Heidegger B'twine?

Frozen 2 teaser thoughts  Feb 13 2019, 05:19:01 PM

I was prepared to be disappointed but ended up loving this trailer. Agree with above comments that it has an epic feel and vibe. I love the updates to their looks, especially Anna's. And I am loving the hints that it will have to do with Fall because that's basically an entirely new visual palette/world. I hadn't considered it before, but another Frozen movie that takes place all in snow would feel repetitive (though I recognize that may sound weird, given that it's called....

TKTS listings for last week or so?  Feb 4 2019, 09:03:49 AM

I have often thought about how useful it would be to have a source for historical TKTS data, where you could view trends over time, for example to determine what day of the week is mostly likely to have a certain show available, or how many times over the last two months has a particular show appeared on the board, etc. I think it would be very handy for trip planning purposes since it would enable you to make the most educated guesses about what might be available when you are looking to see

Cadillac test drive promo - FREE $100 at Ticketmaster  Feb 2 2019, 12:02:48 PM

Hi All,

Saw this posted online and thought I'd share. Cadillac is doing a promotion where if you test drive the XT4 before the end of February, you get a free $100 gift code from Ticketmaster. My husband already did the test drive and I'm signed up to do mine next week. I will happily do the test drive and listen to their sales pitch for the equivalent of a free show ticket!

https://www.xt4tickets.com/register/CADXFBIN237?fbclid=IwAR0bzUXgM2gkKBVorb2C8kOyfw1aFbmoFspw7tM_26MSYAYWygK15c2IIVI&gclid=CMjawd3CneACFW-OxQIdeoAEVg&gclsrc=ds

Jeremy Jordon and Oklahoma  Jan 15 2019, 11:13:25 AM

Jeremy is my favorite, but I don't love what they did to his singing on this track. Sounds very processed/auto-tuned to me. As far as the cover itself, I don't mind, it's cool if they want to get creative with the arrangement, and I'm sure they're well aware not everyone will like it. I just wish his voice was clearer and/or sounded more like it normally does.

Saw RENT for the first time in 12 years...  Jan 10 2019, 11:21:20 AM

sondheimfan2 said: "I can't speak to the RENT tour, but I felt exactly the same way when I saw the CABARET tour last year in Easton, PA. The leads appeared to be right out of college with few regional credits as well. I was surprised. I could have spent half the money and saw a college production."

YES. The friend I saw it with summed it up in a similar way; that it was more like seeing a good college or community theater production than a national tour.

&

Saw RENT for the first time in 12 years...  Jan 10 2019, 10:55:06 AM

I saw the touring production of RENT in Detroit last night and walked away so disappointed. The cast was all so young, with many having only one or two regional credits before joining this tour, and some coming direct from college. The music sounded oddly thin to me in places, like it was missing parts/instruments. Much of the singing was flat and had bad harmonies.

I used to LOVE Rent and saw it maybe seven or eight times between 2000-2006, but haven't seen it since. Am I just get

Hugh Jackman at the Bowl not selling that well?  Dec 20 2018, 09:34:41 AM

Honestly, when this was announced I was super excited and immediately made plans to buy tickets. Then Hugh did his performance of The Greatest Show on The Today Show...and it was...not good. I love him and The Greatest Showman, but that performance felt so awkward and wooden, and his singing didn't sound great. After that I couldn't stomach paying lots of $$$ to see more of the same live, and decided against buying tickets. I have at least one other friend who had the same reaction.

Quick "American Son" question  Dec 11 2018, 09:35:22 AM

I believe it was West Point.

16y/o Jimmy Award Winner is Bway's Next Evan Hansen  Nov 12 2018, 11:15:46 AM

Wow. Bold move. I'll be back in NY in March and just might have to see DEH again.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You