News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FactsAreFacts

Member Name: FactsAreFacts
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 22 2020, 03:16:00 PM

Kad said: "Free speech comes and goes so quickly here."

Oh come on now. Dislike the moderation all you want, but no one is guaranteed freedom of speech protection on a private company’s message board. If you don’t like what they’re doing, go post whatever you want on reddit or social media.

Almost Famous  Oct 23 2019, 02:57:06 PM

The Inheritance is an open-ended run. It is only currently on sale through March 1. It has every intention of releasing more tickets post opening. 

Richard Linklater - Merrily We Roll Along  Aug 29 2019, 05:46:53 PM

A Director said: "Talk about AIRHEADS.

"The play takes place over the course of 20 years, and sources say that Linklater plans to stay true to that timeline."

Nowhere in the article does it state Linklater is going to take 20 years to film it. The musical covers TWENTY YEARS.
"

Just in case you don't believe it will be shot over 20 years, here's the tweet from the person who wrote the article that you are quoting:

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/1167137473681428480

MEAN GIRLS TOUR CAST  Jul 25 2019, 07:18:58 PM

Lauren Zakrin has said on social media that she will be in San Francisco for a year. So chances are pretty good that she will be in the SF "Cursed Child" cast. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/19  Jul 15 2019, 05:52:45 PM

it's still there, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the grosses have been all BoM banners for a long time already. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Broadway-Grosses-Week-Ending-71419-20190715

West Side Story revival?  Jul 11 2019, 05:11:14 PM

ctorres23 said: "I sincerely hope you can look at those two things and acknowledge the vast difference in severity between the accusations."

Not to speak for the other poster, but I am shocked at how people in this thread continue to try excuse Amar's actions. The false equivalencies are truly stunning. 

Of course those two situations are different. But, it seems pretty logical that if someone is offended by both, that they would avoid both a $15

West Side Story revival?  Jul 10 2019, 06:45:13 PM

joevitus said: "If she willingly took or sent the photos, yes, she should have known better. That's just common sense. You take these kinds of pictures, or share them, you run the risk. As an adult, you have to own that.

If you voluntarily share something that personal and private with someone, of course, that person could share them with other people. That doesn't mean that they have the right to. While "revenge p*rn" is not yet illegal in New York appa

West Side Story revival?  Jul 10 2019, 06:25:24 PM

It's still not clear here. Did Ramasar take the photos he had with permission or not? That makes a huge difference. The rest is just dirty talk, and like all dirty talk is offensive or not depending on the individual, but not threatening or criminal. If he photographed a woman's body without her consent, that's a crime. If he forced a woman to do something she didn't want, that's a crime. But did he?

Whether he did or not, sharing nude pictures/videos

A Strange Loop at Playwrights Horizons  May 24 2019, 05:37:12 PM

The first performance is tonight for this new musical by Michael R. Jackson. I would love to hear what people think, and how long the show is running. Thanks. 

Secret Life of Bees - Previews  May 13 2019, 10:12:38 AM

Did anyone note what the running time was last night?

Mrs Doubtfire Musical  May 9 2019, 06:23:39 PM

I think the larger issue is that only men are getting hired to write/direct the movie-to-musical adaptations (and really most Broadway shows in general). Without speaking for anyone in this thread, I don't think that the concerns are strictly about this particular show's creative team, and more just about who gets to be on Broadway creative teams in general; which, in my opinion, is very much a problem, no matter the content of the show. 

HAPPY TALK off-Broadway (The New Group)  May 2 2019, 05:47:55 PM

Has anyone seen this yet? I'd love to hear what you thought, and more importantly (at least for logistical purposes) what the run-time is. 

Will Glenn Close get her Oscar for Sunset?  Feb 28 2019, 10:04:41 PM

lolz to people thinking Baz and Riedel are the same. If you check their track records, I think that you will find that no less than 3/4s of the time, what Baz tweets ends up being officially confirmed the next morning. Riedel hasn't had a batting average approaching that even in his dreams. 

Ghost the Musical - Lyric  Feb 19 2019, 09:35:28 AM

The use of "ditto" is an iconic theme from the movie. So, it would be weird if it wasn't included in the musical. It might be a bit more clunky on stage (I've never seen the stage show), but you can't really do an adaptation of "Ghost" without the multiple exchanges/plot points around the use of "ditto."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhkwiJowIUM

Actor who has yet to perform on Broadway who you would pay to see?  Jan 23 2019, 12:42:43 PM

Jarethan said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: "Speaking of due for returns.

Id love to see Meryl Streep
Julia Roberts
Cheyenne Jackson
Cher

"

Three of the four you listed have been on Broadway.
"

All four have been on Broadway, and Theatrefanboy1 did make it clear they were talking about Broadway returns. Cheyenne I would imagine will be back at some point, but I have always been shocked at how long it has been

Spielberg's West Side Story  Jan 16 2019, 06:04:56 PM

TonyTilli said: "So lets flip it then: youd be super chill with a half-Black, half-white woman who looks fully white playing Rosa Parks?"

You do realize that Puerto Rican is a nationality, and African-American is a race, right? You can be Puerto Rican and have any variety of racial backgrounds. While I don't disagree that having a Puerto Rican actress who presents especially white would probably be more problematic in this context, getting upset about someone tha

Spielberg's West Side Story  Jan 16 2019, 03:25:38 PM

TonyTilli said: "Are there really so few actors in the world that the same person has to playboth Anita ANDDonna Summer, two women of completely different ethnic backgrounds?For me, that does not speak to the ability and range of the actress, but the inability of the creatives to free themselves from casting what they consider to be universally palatable, "ethnically ambiguous" talent. It is also a horrible example of Hollywood seeing race as only two options: White and Not White, instead of the varied, complex, and specific cultures and races that exist on this planet, like the onebeing presented explicitly in West Side Story."

Um.... DeBose is both Puerto Rican and African American. So, I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with her playing characters that share those ethnic backgrounds with her. She has said herself that she knows that she presents as black, but her father is Puerto Rican, and her mother is white. She has said that she does have "African-American lineage," as well as Italian. So, what is your problem exactly? That she doesn't look Puerto Rican enough? Or that she doesn't look African-American enough?

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video  Dec 9 2018, 07:41:54 PM

Dave28282 said: "FactsAreFacts said: "All I said is that I didn't think it would generate as much "anger" having a non-Latina, POC play Anita, but that it still would generate quite a bit. That made no statement on anything other than that."

But the statement in itself is a very unhealthy racial separation. The mindset is what's wrong.

Why in the world is it wrong? If someone continually kicks you in the

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video  Dec 9 2018, 07:15:22 PM

Dave28282 said: "FactsAreFacts said: "mainly because Asian and African-Americans haven't benefitted from institutional prejudices for decades nearly as much as white people have"

So that is supposed to be an argument for racial separation and exclusionin return?

Huh? All I said is that I didn't think it would generate as much "anger" having a non-Latina, POC play Anita, but that it still would generate qu

Jessica Vosk- Anita Video  Dec 9 2018, 04:23:14 PM

GreeneStreet said: "If they casted (sic) lets say an asian american or an african american, it would be celebrated as a great example of colorblind casting, and that the show is being amazing at giving POC work in the theatre!

Theres only outrage when it’s a white person, and the public has a chance at getting “woke” points.
"

Obviously this is GreeneStreet's opinion and they are entitled to that opinion, I just disagree with it. While

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You