News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayJudd

Member Name: BwayJudd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  Jan 10 2019, 01:38:48 PM
So hoping the Bernadette rumor is true!!
Audra returning to Broadway...?  Sep 20 2018, 09:49:19 PM
It was scheduled to be revived in 2010, but never was. I would love to see this!
Will We Ever See a Grey Gardens Revival?  Sep 2 2018, 07:30:24 PM
I think Laura Benanti would be perfect in 8-10 years! I saw the original off broadway and when it opened on Broadway. It will be hard for anyone to touch Christine’s performance, but I have faith that Benanti could of anyone.
Edie Falco in The True  Sep 2 2018, 01:43:40 PM
I was just looking at the partial view, Balcony AA seats. I also love her, and wonder how much these seats miss. The theater definitely seems tiny, but I’ve never been there either.
RE: Hello Dolly on Great Performances?  Aug 31 2018, 11:27:17 AM

Dollypop said: "It's not silly to those of us who are feverishly devoted to the show. I'm glad that both versions of the show have been preserved somewhere."

Oh, I meant to silly to argue against both performances being taped!  I’m also a huge fan of the show and saw all three Dolly’s multiple times!   

RE: Hello Dolly on Great Performances?  Aug 31 2018, 09:30:01 AM
Wayman is correct, and I’m not sure who they name dropped? The director of TOFT? Anyway, DollyPop is also right, they changed the polka contest too, and Bernadette’s title number had additional lyrics and I think, although I am not sure, that her choreography was slightly different as well. Regardless, it all was recorded. Seems a silly thing to argue about. I’m not sure who wouldn’t want both incredible performances archived.
RE: Hello Dolly on Great Performances?  Aug 30 2018, 04:32:54 PM
Per a cast member, the entire performance was taped for the archives with Bernadette.
Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly  Aug 27 2018, 09:07:32 PM
I wonder why Pittsburgh isn’t on the tour site list?
HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17  Aug 21 2018, 08:59:11 PM

EddieP said: "I saw Bernadette 9 times, and Donna's last last night. My impression was that Donna was very good -- a different interpretation (bright, cheery, flirtatious), but Bernadette's Dolly is way more intense. I also liked Garber's interpretation. David Hyde Pierce is more of a comedic actor, but Garber stuck with playing Vandergelder as a clueless fool, and it worked better for me. --The thing with Bernadette is she really improvises a lot and is really edgy. You

What could be next for Bernadette Peters?  Aug 5 2018, 12:20:49 PM
She has also been one to always say that if she goes out seeking something, it never works out for her, so she has learned to trust the universe and let projects come to her. Seems to have worked for her so far.

What could be next for Bernadette Peters?  Aug 4 2018, 01:38:43 PM

BPfan81 said: "Her as Mrs. Lovett I would love to see! I'll look for her concerts then. I'm in the NY/NJ area so I hope something comes up.

I wonder if she was ever approached to write a memoir like Patti LuPone did not too long ago. I'm sure she has great stories to share, especially about her personally life;how she grew up, dealing with the loss of her husband, Steve Martin, or if she ever wanted children or regrets not having one etc. I'm sure it would

What could be next for Bernadette Peters?  Aug 3 2018, 02:12:04 PM

qolbinau said: "Leading a production of DEAR WORLD, SWEENEY TODD, MAME, or THE VISIT."

I’m good with any of these too!  As long as we get her back on the stage! 

What could be next for Bernadette Peters?  Aug 3 2018, 10:12:32 AM
She is definitely doing more concerts, she already has 5-6 dates set that I have seen. And not really at smaller venues either. Segerstrom, Walt Disney Concert Hall, other symphonies. I have tickets to see her in 2019. I expect as various houses release their seasons, and subscription series, more will pop up.

I would love to see her back on Broadway, and think (hope) she will if/when the right thing comes up. I’d really like to see her do a straight play.

I’m hoping

NHow Feasible is a Caroline, or Change Transfer??  Aug 1 2018, 11:55:11 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "Uzo Aduba, Jane Krakowski, and Hailey Kilgore would be sublime in this show."

This is amazing casting!  I would love to see this show in NY whether off broadway or not.  I missed the original, and I’ve always kicked myself for that.   I also agree that enough has changed since 2004 that this could have an easier time finding an audience now. 

NHow Feasible is a Caroline, or Change Transfer??  Aug 1 2018, 11:55:11 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "Uzo Aduba, Jane Krakowski, and Hailey Kilgore would be sublime in this show."

This is amazing casting!  I would love to see this show in NY whether off broadway or not.  I missed the original, and I’ve always kicked myself for that.   I also agree that enough has changed since 2004 that this could have an easier time finding an audience now. 

HEAD OVER HEELS Reviews  Aug 1 2018, 11:27:50 PM
It’s so interesting to read the different reactions to the show from here to other places online (where many love it). I’m hoping to go next weekend to see it and see which side I fall on lol.
Worse British/American Accent  Jul 23 2018, 12:56:14 AM

Dollypop said: "Happy to say that Charlie Stemp does a great job sounding American in HELLO, DOLLY!"

He really does!  There’s only once inthe show, when Cornelius says that he will use the word “pudding” and Barnaby questions “pudding?” back to him, that I hear his British accent slightly!  And that took quite a few times of seeing him to pick up on that.  

Best seating for Hello Dolly  Jul 17 2018, 11:38:41 AM
I prefer the front of the balcony over the back of the mezz. Front mezz is perfect!
Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Jul 16 2018, 04:54:55 PM
I think he meant every moment of Dolly eating the food while they stand there!
Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Jul 15 2018, 07:30:08 PM
There were 7 standing ovations in the orchestra, including standing for just about all of the Title number. After we stood the second time, we just didn’t sit down. Absolutely amazing afternoon, many years from cast and audience alike. There was extra love for all of the cast, and it truly felt like a closing of the show rather than just their last. Still processing all the feelings!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You