News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JESRhody

Member Name: JESRhody
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ART Production
 Jan 24 2023, 01:53:55 PM

forfivemoreminutes said: "I was also there Saturday and saw it with Uma. Is Uma the only standby for Pi? I thought she was great and I wasn't bothered by the gender swap, but I'm curious why they decided to do it that way. I'm wondering if Uma is the actual standby or if perhaps some of their other cast members (including the usual standby) might have been ill or off for other reasons and she therefore had to step in."

Both of the announced understudies a

ART Production
 Jan 21 2023, 07:24:21 PM

Watched the show today (matinee).  Definitely the most complex staging I have ever seen at ART, though hopefully Broadway will be even more elaborate (storm effects especially, I would expect more on Broadway).  Seemed less than the West End stage rig by pictures.  But amazing.

Understudy for Pi, Uma Paranjpe.  Can't say I've ever seen a main character swapped male for female between shows.  It worked, she was very good, wish I knew how she compared to

Jagged Little Pill National Tour
 Jan 20 2023, 05:02:31 PM

I saw it on 1/19 (Providence, RI). The interesting thing was that the 1/17 performance on Tuesday was cancelled and refunded. https://www.rimonthly.com/you-oughta-know-the-jagged-little-pill-show-will-go-on-at-ppac/.  (There were apparently sufficient seats for later performances in the week. Automatic refund if you didn't call by Friday to reissue the ticket).  After starting 20 mins, tech work for an hour, restarting at beginning for 10 mins they gave up and cancelled.  Apparently Heidi came out and entertained the crowd during the hour.

It was a pretty solid show, but quite a few differences from the original ART version I saw twice.  Definitely more family friendly -- probably could have brought my kids.  They explain a lot of things in more detail, which I'm not sure makes for a better show.  Also, Jordan Leigh McCaskill was in for Frankie -- she was pretty good but not outstanding, very confident and comfortable though, I would have thought she was the regular if I hadn't specifically checked the board.

Hadestown to tour under SETA contract
 Dec 26 2019, 03:25:07 PM

As a 15-year season holder in Providence it will do pretty well. Many season holders here are pretty sophisticated consumers who will greatly prefer this to a retread. You need 1 or 2 of these a year to drive renewals. But it will be lucky to sell 75% of a medium house on weeknights. Similar to band’s visit, which was an extraordinary quality road show. Come from away, on the other hand, sold 100% and could have sold a lot more. Very approachable, extremely popular with people with Cana

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
 Jun 16 2018, 05:24:26 PM

My point on audience is that people who love JLP are a pretty separate audience than millennials.  Most millenials I've mentioned it to vaguely know JLP as an oldie or love it as a classic album.  But for people 38-52 or so, it is extremely familiar and frequently well-loved material from its initial release.

I think 52 and below is a pretty broad demographic to target a Broadway show against.  And older theatergoers like the ones I talked to seemed to like it too.&n

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
 Jun 14 2018, 09:25:31 AM

I saw the show for the second time last nght.

Since three weeks ago, I left with the impression that the show had been tightened up with choreography changes in at least two songs and some lyric changes.  The first time around there were a few internal consistency issues that really bugged me -- this time I didn't hear any glaring ones.  There's a chance I was a better listener and nothing changed though.

Unlike almost everyone I like the video screens

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You