News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whyohwhyoh

Member Name: whyohwhyoh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So if there was a new movie of A Chorus Line..  Aug 11 2012, 12:38:23 AM
I love ACL and saw the original cast about 20 times. I would love a movie version of it that was about dancing and not that mess that Sir Richard Attenborough made of it. how in the world did that ever come about? I can't think of anyone less likely to direct a film about dance. And I certainly would love to have it take place in the 1970's. No need to open it up. Since they went with Michael Douglas- a name- in the original film, was Liza ever a contender for Cassie? Or certainly Ann Reinking w
get over it... I give up!  Mar 14 2011, 12:31:53 AM
I surrender. I give up. This board is made up of people who were ridiculed for loving Streisand and knowing all the words for Flower Drum Song (I was) and now want to show they are down with the cool kids and profess some kind of hip adherence to the garbage that Bono and The Edge have produced. Tuneless, incoherent garbage that offers nothing to the story but noise. Blame Taymor. Go right ahead. Let the cool guys get off scot free and fly back to their villas in France to laugh at the dumb tour
Dummies!  Mar 12 2011, 11:47:28 PM
No one has addressed my central point at all!! Taymor is the ONLY woman on the project and she is being dumped! Why aren't Bono and the Edge being dumped??Their score is by FAR the worst aspect of the show. The script is bizarre but it has it's kooky charm. The score however, is something you might hear at a college jam session- by untalented musicians. It is mind-boggling that people talk about Taymor's intransigence and he ego when it's BONO and THE EDGE's insane ego that begot this fiasco!!!
What a CROCK!  Mar 12 2011, 12:02:00 AM
WHAT??? I have never commented about the new Les Miz orchestrations! I am so sick of this boy's club mentality. Taymor is a visionary who had the misfortune to work with a hack producer and amateur composer/"lyricist" if you can even call them that. And they have the collossal GALL to imply that they will save the show??????? NO. Never.
Sexism defeats Taymor  Mar 10 2011, 11:34:58 PM
What does this have to do with Earnest??? How are they related. Beacuse he won 22 Grammies means nothing. He can't write theatre music. He can write character songs. He can't wrote complexities. He writes noise that dumb people who don't know from talent think is good. Its for the aging geeks who still want to be thought of as cool. They have NO TALENT in terms of writing for the theatre. You see better at a college variety show!!!!
Sexism defeats Taymor  Mar 10 2011, 10:58:21 PM
Here we go is right!!! Did we hear anything about the director who spent $30 million on that garbage that was Shrek???? have Bono and the Edge made ANY changes to the score??? No, they were satisfied with a sound system that sounded like a kazoo coming out of a tin can. And I saw this show TWICE!!! Yes, I am a fool folks. But I am ANGRY that the chief culprits, those gonif rock singers with a lot of chutzpah but NO compositional talent are getting a pass. Hell, bring in Elton John, maybe he can
Sexism defeats Taymor  Mar 10 2011, 10:38:09 PM
Enough! Enough! Enough!!! Taymor is being dragged through the streets, ridiculed and berated like a woman during the Salem witch trials. Disgusting. The show is not great but what is the major fault- the #$@$%#@$ excuse for music. Bono and the Edge have produced the worst score in all my years of seeing shows and people who want to be current and cool are excusing it by heaping all the blame on Taymor. AND NOW,Bono is playing the white knight- out to save the show????!!!! Give me a break! Bring
LEAVE JULIE ALONE! Kick out BONO!!!!!!!!!  Mar 9 2011, 01:25:30 PM
How pathetic that Taymor is being dumped or forced out by producers and BONO when its the SCORE that is the weakest worst part of this show. It's a musical without music!! It is junk, crap, tuneless meandering garbage. It makes American Idiot sound like My Fair Lady. The cool kids have kicked the nerd out the group and smugly go on. A new book would help but a new SCORE might really save this debacle. Shame on Bono and the Edge for throwing Taymor under the bus when they are far more responsible
M'el Dowd- where is she now?  Feb 3 2011, 07:29:22 PM
Is it possible that M'el Dowd was only 19 years old as the standby for Geraldine Page in Sweet Bird?? It seems crazy. But her bio says she was born in 1940. Anyone shed light on this??
Dream Mame and Vera  Feb 2 2011, 07:15:27 PM
Does anyone think Lucy would have made a good Vera? She ad the ballsy quality and could have been very effective.

Dream Mame and Vera  Feb 2 2011, 07:15:35 PM
Does anyone think Lucy would have made a good Vera? She ad the ballsy quality and could have been very effective.
Promise you'll never go away! Carol Channing 90th birthday!  Jan 30 2011, 11:44:03 PM
Bravo Ms Channing! I am a HUGE fan seeing her on Dolly, Lorelie, and LEGENDS!! I love her and wish her many more years!
Milk Train Review  Jan 30 2011, 11:40:16 PM
Love how people disagree and bring nothing to the table in terms of rebuttal. I saw this mess last week and its SAD. I saw BOTH original and revival in the early sixties and the play, while second tier Williams is still better than most of the made for TV movie type plays that are acclaimed today (Doubt, Proof, Clean House, Rabbit Hole anyone??) The play could be stunning but they just play it for melodrama. Olympia Dukakis continues to be the most over-rated theatre actress out there. She has d
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST Extends Through 7/3; Will; Bedford still be  Jan 26 2011, 10:29:31 AM
We should all feel special that we are getting personal media scoops on this site! Thank you. I will be sorry to see Ms. Topham leave Earnest and hope that her replacement is as amusing and accomplished.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST Extends Through 7/3; Will; Bedford still be  Jan 26 2011, 09:57:33 AM
Well now we know all the FACTS. I am glad Stratford Festival has a representative who reads chat sites! It's refreshing! I am thrilled that the show has done so well and because most people can't read, I repeat again that I am a HUGE fan of Mr. Bedfords and although was dismayed that a great woman's part was taken by a man, Bedford has triumphed. It might have helped on the Press Release to have stated that Bedford will no loner direct The Misanthrope which is sad because no one played the part
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST Extends Through 7/3; Will; Bedford still be  Jan 26 2011, 12:24:31 AM
The Stratford Festival plays in Repertory so I don't know how that would be possible. the Roundabout maybe looking for replacements.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST Extends Through 7/3; Will; Bedford still be  Jan 26 2011, 12:13:55 AM
What is the Roundabout NOT telling us about this extension? How can Bedford direct The Misanthrope at the Stratford Festival which has a July 31st beginning of previews while working in NYC till July 3rd? How can the woman playing Gwendolyn open in 12th Night in Stratford in June? Will the Roundabout suddenly announce replacements for these actors? they can't be in two places at once. People are coming to see Bedford so let's hear the WHOLE truth please. If I go back again- it is to see BEDFORD.
Happy birthday, Ethel Merman  Jan 16 2011, 10:00:50 PM
Thanks so MUCH! the first show I ever saw on broadway was Happy Hunting. These youtube links were fantastic! Great tribute to the one and only Merm! People forget how she could galvanize and audience. I saw Gypsy, HH and Hello Dolly and the AGYG revival. No one like here. NO ONE! Thanks again for this. Made my week and after all the Spiderman silliness- she just needed a bare stage!
Lucy Simon's Zhivago - w/Anthony Warlow  Jan 14 2011, 11:38:56 PM
Oh my dears. This score sounds like out takes from A Tale of Two Cities. Mush, lush muzak for the theatre. Warlow is boring and bland and this seems like something that might have had legs 15 years ago. The time is past for this type of white elephant. This might find a home in Korea or Branson but not on Broadway. Lucy Simon should stick to writing music for Hallmark movies.
Break a leg, The Importance of Being Earnest  Jan 14 2011, 11:11:23 PM
You seem to think my remarks are aimed at you- they are not. You have clearly NOT read my posts praising the production over and over. The ONLY caveat I had was a disappointment that a great ACTRESS could not have claimed a role that is a prize. The great roles for actresses of a certain age are few and when a plum is snatched I find it sad for the great actresses of the theatre. I assume you are a man and therefore don't seem to care how lopsided theatre can be. Ask any actress over 40 is you a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You