sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#2Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 1:52pm

I like your combo.

Gothampc
#2Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 2:01pm

I always wanted Bette Midler as Mame because I felt that she would have brought out more of the madcap Mame. With Midler though we would lose some of the sophistication.

Bette Midler as Mame
Christine Baranski as Vera

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 2:07pm

I like the idea of Midler, though I guess she'd only consider it on film rather than stage. I could see her as a combination of the comedy that Rosalind Russell brought to Auntie Mame, mixed with the star power required for the songs. I think Jane Lynch would make a good Vera, and I'll suggest Rachel Dratch as Gooch.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#4Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 2:44pm

Angela Lansbury
Bea Arthur

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#5Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 2:50pm

Christine Ebersole as Mame
Megan Mullally as Vera

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#6Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 3:02pm

Ebersole played Mame at the Papermill Playhouse years ago, and she was not very good. Kelly Bishop almost saved the day as her Vera.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Gothampc
#7Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 3:03pm

Ebersole doesn't have the warmth that Mame needs. She's more of a Vera.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

philcrosby
#8Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 3:15pm

Mame: Glenn Close
Vera: Meryl Streep

Dame Fanadette Profile Photo
Dame Fanadette
#9Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 3:16pm

Mame: Bernadette Peters
Vera: Patti Lupone

DF loves the little children, all the children of the world black and yellow, gay or straight, they are perfect in her light DF loves all the children of the world-Dame Fanadette

parislover87 Profile Photo
parislover87
#10Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 3:47pm

One woman show with christine baranski as both

It's the music and I'm its hapless victim

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#11Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 5:15pm

Mame: John Travolta
Vera: Nathan Lane

Dollypop
#12Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 5:33pm

You're talking about "Dream", right?

Diana Rigg--Mame
Carol Channing--Vera

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

wiggum2 Profile Photo
wiggum2
#13Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 5:35pm

I saw Christine Baranski at the Kennedy center a few years ago and I have NO desire to see her as Mame again. Vera might be ok but she plays that role too often.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#14Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 6:24pm

Angie & Bea

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#15Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 6:31pm

Mame - Audra McDonald
Vera - Patti LuPone

I tend to think that Audra is this generation's Angela. picked Patti just for the chemistry they'd have. it's a tough question, as I don't think it could ever be done as well as Angie and Bea, which is a lot of the reason it's never been revived.

This Mame talk makes me really hope that "Dolly" revival happens, and that Patti pulls it off, and we get to see it filled with tons of wonderful divas.

ndrwmls10
#16Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 7:16pm

inlovewithjerryherman that sounds like such a fantastic paring! Imagine if Patti does pull of "Dolly". Maybe something like this could happen a few years down the road!

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#17Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/1/11 at 8:31pm

I have long wanted to see Christine Ebersole as Mame opposite Christine Baranski as Vera. It was nice to see a little taste of the pairing at the Kennedy Center Honors.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

fiyerowhereareyou Profile Photo
fiyerowhereareyou
#18Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:43pm

Susan Blackwell needs to play Vera.

Will someone please make this happen

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#19Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 12:47pm

For you, Q. SOMMS as Mame, D2 as Vera

Q
#20Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 3:28pm

"For you, Q. SOMMS as Mame, D2 as Vera"

Don't forget Boobs as Gooch!

Gothampc
#21Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 3:45pm

Phylicia Rashad as Mame
Susan Boyle as Vera

Updated On: 2/2/11 at 03:45 PM

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#22Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 4:15pm

Susan Blackwell is inspired casting for Vera!

whyohwhyoh
#23Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 7:15pm

Does anyone think Lucy would have made a good Vera? She ad the ballsy quality and could have been very effective.

whyohwhyoh
#23Dream Mame and Vera
Posted: 2/2/11 at 7:15pm

Does anyone think Lucy would have made a good Vera? She ad the ballsy quality and could have been very effective.
Updated On: 2/3/11 at 07:15 PM

Videos