News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ImAProphet

Member Name: ImAProphet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 17 2024, 11:49:29 PM

Sweeney Todd tonight - front mezz, row C, seat 12. Perfect seat and Nicholas Christopher was phenomenal.

The Official TDF Thread
 Sep 28 2023, 09:35:00 AM

Saw Hadestown last night in one of the best TDF seats I've ever gotten - orchestra E 101. Third row on the aisle right next to where Reeve Carney runs by in act 2.

The Official TDF Thread
 Jun 14 2023, 04:02:17 PM

The immersive Great Gatsby show is up for pretty much every performance over the next week. $36.

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread
 May 14 2023, 11:40:48 PM

Never at a Broadway show.

Twice at Lincoln Center actually - I walked out of Notre Dame de Paris when it was there last year, and also the NY Philharmonic this spring (I was tired, they had already done the Brahms piece I was looking forward to, and it was a paper ticket anyway).

Also, randomly, the operetta The Duchess of Chicago when I was visiting Budapest.

Esparza out of Oliver! on 5/7 7PM show......
 May 8 2023, 09:17:59 AM

amiyagi said: "ken8631 said: "Was Raul in on Saturday?"

Not sure about Saturday night, but he was in the Sat matinee (source: was there). He sounded fine vocally if a little garbled. I'd have been stoked to see Gavin Lee.
"

Raul was in Saturday night. He was pretty gravelly but it wasn't so bad that I attributed it to anything but a creative choice.

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 17 2023, 02:47:12 AM

HunterK said: "Not sure if Ben had a good night?

https://twitter.com/crawdady21/status/1647732731202134020

"

Deleted...can you paraphrase? Curious what makes you say that

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 6 2023, 07:53:05 PM

Any recent Fat Ham locations to share?

LOVE at Park Avenue Armory
 Mar 27 2023, 03:40:08 PM

I did. I ended up front and center through TDF which was a little uncomfortable at times but it made it all the more real. Really impactful piece, I wish more theatre was as naturalistic as that.

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 16 2023, 01:18:58 AM

Tonight I saw LOVE at the Park Avenue Armory and my seat was Floor 6 - i.e. literally onstage, front and center in front of the actors. One of them took my hand.

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Mar 6 2023, 06:34:16 PM

Alex M said: "ImAProphet said: "DurantPlummer41 said: "Question for those who've seen the show from the mezz...

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Is the final moment spoiled by sitting in the mezzanine? Or does the 'effect' only work on the orchestra level?
 Mar 6 2023, 03:58:28 PM

DurantPlummer41 said: "Question for those who've seen the show from the mezz...

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Is the final moment spoiled by sitting in the mezzanine? Or does the 'effect' only work on the orchestra level?

"

I saw it very clearly from the mezz. Rear mezz center row J i

Mar 4 2023, 10:32:46 PM

Looks like Josh Groban will be at a charity gala in LA on 3/18: https://e.givesmart.com/events/v7U/

Could he be appearing virtually? Ticketmaster doesn't list any absences for him. Otherwise it may be a good opportunity to get a cheap refunded ticket/see Nicholas Christopher.

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 4 2023, 01:13:46 AM

quizking101 said: "BAD CINDERELLA is now up for all three performances this weekend"

My friend and I went tonight and we got rear mezz row E, pretty much dead center. Not great not terrible. Felt similarly about the show.

Feb 26 2023, 08:53:18 PM

To answer a couple of questions I haven't seen responses to:

1. There's no tooth-pulling in the contest scene, it's just "shave a cheek".

2. The Judge did not have the "mea culpa" solo.

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
 Dec 23 2022, 05:50:52 PM

Skip23 said: "I only see 2 or 3 people reporting on the live London production.

No one else has seen it in person?

"

I have but didn't feel like I had much to contribute, in no small part because I went in almost totally blind and didn't have much of a critical eye (or ear). But I absolutely loved it.

I will say, in listening to the two available songs, they do sound more OTT than I remember. But I saw Fra

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Dec 16 2022, 11:30:22 PM

Esteemed character actress Margo Martindale was there tonight.

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Nov 17 2022, 10:26:44 PM
Apparently they canceled tonight's performance mid-show, does anyone know what happened?
The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 2 2022, 10:41:24 PM

I saw Death of a Salesman on Saturday with TDF and got orchestra row D - almost all the way house left but I didn't miss anything. Amazing seat.

Broadway Musicals Resumed One Year Ago Today
 Sep 2 2022, 05:27:31 PM

suzycat said: "Pass Over was the first show I saw back. An afternoon I will never forget."

My first show back was Perfect Crime, which I will also not forget for different reasons.

Little Shop on Sunday
 Aug 27 2022, 09:39:51 PM

I'm going, and it'll be my fourth time so I should be able to compare and contrast CB's performance pretty well. First time seeing Rob McClure, though.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You